Flextronics

www.flextronics.com

Flextronics Reviews in Plano, TX

Flextronics CEO and Director Mike McNamara

Mike McNamara

Pros
  • Benefits are nice and depending on position work life balance is good(in 15 reviews)

• Work environment is safe and security guards on duty all the time(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • When you are really bust work life balance can be tough(in 13 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't really communicate well with clients and has no business skills to run the whole projects(in 11 reviews)

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Embedded Software Engineer

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsFriendly environment, people are very nice.
    401k 4% match from day one, performance bonus up to 20% of salary.
    Management leave you alone let you do your job.

ConsSome supervisors are not smart. (Below industrial average)

Former mechanical design engineer

Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsThe variety is good. Pay is decent, and the onsite equipment is top notch. Location is convenient to downtown plano.

ConsLike other reviewers mention, extremely lacking in direction, no feedback, political, and frequent layoffs. I was a contractor their, and this was communicated not only with management but in the attitudes of the regular employees as well. When I interviewed with them, they talked a good game, but don't believe the hype. I came down from my home of indianapolis on a 9 month contract to plano, texas, got laid off three months later. I was told that I was not picking up on things fast enough, but was not provided any specifics. This was while:
    1) None of my projects were behind
    2) No complaints from customers of the company
    3) The regular employees felt a need to micro manage me and then bash me over the head in the form of copying a supervisor when I did something wrong. This only happened a few times, but you get my drift.
    4) I never got angry and if I did do something wrong, I would relate the information to my team as I understood it, so I could be corrected. But beware, they will use this against you, because they are political like that.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrequent layoffs creates an environment of fear, and when you cultivate fear instead of collaboration, you breed an army of automaton robots(employees) who are not innovative. It is also extremely unprofessional and inhumane to bring somebody down from a remote location, with a secure job only to lay them off three months later. While I understand the nature of contract work, people are not machines either. I should have thought of this though when the hiring manager for my position asked my recruiter if he had any good commodities on hand.

Quality Engineer

Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsCompensation and benefits are very good. I liked the people I worked with.

ConsLayoffs every other quarter. No job security. Distance from my house to Flextronics was 90 miles round trip.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire someone full-time and then lay them off 6 months to a year later.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Flextronics was a great platform for your career to soar.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGreat pay, great leadership; company really takes time to ensure employees have platform to improve skills through training and seminars held on and off campus.

Constoo many meetings; business side struggles to retain and seek new contracts for company. Hard time in manufacturing and assembling products efficiently.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrengthen business and sales department and refine the process for manufacturing products. Too many project managers and engineers sitting around doing nothing.

A good place to work.

Buyer III (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsFacility is very good. Tools given are good. Management is supportive.

ConsFreguency of being on credit hold because Corporate wants to report a good cash position

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not stop paying suppliers at the end of each quarter.

Ok place to work but needs Sr. Management turnover to move forward

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsChallenging environment; good people; not boring; decent benefits

ConsSr management is micromanaging the wrong KOI's to make the site "appear" better while ignoring fundimental needs to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementRun your company.........do not let your company run you. Stand up and be determined to move foward.

Lost at sea, in search of an island

Materials Manager (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsThere are so many things needing improvement that there are enormous opportunities for those with the desire to fix things. The segmented structure allows people with specialized backgrounds and skills to optimize their position. Flextronics has lots of skill and personel diversity and could succeed greatly, if management could resolve their vision problems. Focus on training next generation leader using the Emerging Leaders program will have a long term benefit for employees and the company. Company is finally starting to recognize employees as an asset but this is still in the early stages. Flextronics is a large distributed company so there are opportunities all over the globe, depending on a person's interest and background.

ConsManagement is not supportive of change they don't initiate so a lot of political negotiating can be required to complete even simple changes to policy or procedure. The pay structures are not as competetive as other companies. Some groups run very lean so work requirements in those groups can be difficult. There is lots of politics between different management levels and different regions. Senior management often puts their own personal interests above those of the company. Company vision and goals are financially focused without fully understanding the mechanics required to achieve the goal in a sustainable fashion. Limited focus on quality affects perceptions of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuality and excellence are the best way to drive revenues and change. Focus on these basics and support them and the company goals will be more achievable. Branding is key to organic growth. Use the vertical manufacturing sites to create branded products for external sale.

Worked for Flextronics? Contribute to the Community!