Flextronics Reviews

Updated October 28, 2014
3.1

Flextronics CEO and Director Mike McNamara
Mike McNamara

Pros
  • Benefits are nice and depending on position work life balance is good (in 19 reviews)

• Work environment is safe and security guards on duty all the time (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • When you are really bust work life balance can be tough (in 14 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't really communicate well with clients and has no business skills to run the whole projects (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

A company which values employees

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Chennai (India)

I worked at Flextronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good environment, Nice people to work with, The kind of work helps and shapes an individaul to growth...

Cons

Dissatisfied with the pay and everythhing else is fine....

As a PG candidate i was not satisfied with the pay, There should be some difference in pay in regards with EDU.,

Excellent company to work with... Miss my First Best Emplpoyer ( FLEX)

Excellent job, appreciative Excellence and gives development options

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent job
    Appreciative Excellence
    Gives development options

Cons

I Can not find any

It is working with many adventures

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

very intresting place to work

Cons

very hard to go onward in job position

The best 9 years of my life!!

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Management was the best I ever work under. They would list to you and address any and all issues . They really made it like your part of the family.

Cons

Stopped doing outings and things like that for their employees. They even changed the bonus pay out.

Flextronics lost sight of their employees and lost a lot of very good people because of it. Don't forget what got where you are today, the people working for you. Say "Thank You," on your way out the door at night!

You will get the best when you show the best

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I will say no matter which team you are and for whom you are working If you have the strong ability to convince and impress your employer with your good work in the right way with the positive attitude then this is the place to work. Everyone works for salary and designation. Really focused work towards these two with all positive attitude will make you to reach your heights but if you work with "will they" or " how much ever i work someone else gets wat i need to" attitude then you are not working fully focused but you are working with those in mind limiting your potential. I personaly exp very good growth and recognizion... People need to understand one cannot become a manager in a year or two and so whatever the position it might be... it has its own proper path to travel... make sure you do that ..then the road will lead to where you need to be... I love Flextronics because i love my Job...There is no stop for fun, innovation, recognition in Flex... Flex is most Flexible and more focused... We are not just a company but integration of various technologies blended with high intelligence and accuracy.

Cons

I would say they need to review HR people because im not sure if the recuritments are happening genuinely ... probably yes but its for only 70% when it should be 100%

Do not try to hold the rope so tight with full strain and stress you will lose the grip rather just have firm and warmth touch on it so you wont let it go... i guess u can get it :) and sal can be increased since most of them are feeling its not up to the current market ...Rest are amazing and keep up the good work

quite satisfactory and of very much growth

Current Employee - 5S's Auditor in Zapopan (Mexico)
    Current Employee - 5S's Auditor in Zapopan (Mexico)

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

flextronics give work a lot of people

Cons

not every good worker is rewards

to listen to the feedback of productions workers

Easy work, great pay and great people.

Former Employee - Retail Technician in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Retail Technician in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Flextronics

Pros

The job was easy and the pay that you got for it was very good. There were raises every year plus 2 or 3 performance bonuses a year. Being in a retail environment you get to meet tons of people and it was very easy to network. Opportunities to move up were there if you wanted it. Also being a contractor for Verizon Wireless, we had the option to move over into a position within VZW, after fulfilling the approved wait time. It was also a fun environment to work in along with getting to work with some great people.

Cons

Being a contractor, you had to deal with your own upper management plus VZW upper management. Sometimes communication between the two weren't always as clear as it should have been. The wait time if you wanted to switch over and become a VZW rep was too long. Being a global company with different sectors within it, there were tons of positions constantly looking to be filled but there was no way to transfer from one sector to another.

I loved being a part of the Retail Technical Services team. The pay and benefits were great for the job I performed. I got to work with great people on both the the Flextronics and Verizon Wireless side. When I got laid off, the company paid me a pretty good compensation package. The only advice I have for Flextronics, is to offer more ease of movement within the company. Allow those working in different sections of the company to be able to move into another position that they may be well fit for. There's a lot of smart and talented people that have worked for Flextronics and it's a shame that you lost out on possibly keeping them as employees due to policy restrictions.

A good place to work.

Current Employee - Buyer III in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Buyer III in Plano, TX

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

Facility is very good. Tools given are good. Management is supportive.

Cons

Freguency of being on credit hold because Corporate wants to report a good cash position

Do not stop paying suppliers at the end of each quarter.

Sweet if you love working with computers.

Current Employee - Laptop Bench Technician in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Laptop Bench Technician in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

Working with all different types of Apple laptops.

Cons

Pay is not as much as if working directly for Apple.

Great people, interesting work - having fun

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

There are great people to work with. The work is interesting. I have the opportunity to take on new challenges, try new things and grow.

Cons

Tight margins often limit us in doing some of the "nice to have" things that would enhance the work place environment.

Enhance communication