Flextronics

Flextronics Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Flextronics CEO and Director Mike McNamara

Mike McNamara

Pros
  • Benefits are nice and depending on position work life balance is good (in 15 reviews)

• Work environment is safe and security guards on duty all the time (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • When you are really bust work life balance can be tough (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't really communicate well with clients and has no business skills to run the whole projects (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Sweatshop

ProsOpportunity to work on different types of designs and projects.

ConsUnprofessional environment and culture. All about the bottom line and very little focus on employees work-life balance. Employees are stressed and overworked.

Review of Flex.

Project Engineer (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat people work here, very hardworking folks.

ConsLots of layoffs, hard to balance work-life. Office culture is good.

Good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Longview, TX

ProsFlexibility, benefits, stability, a good company to work for overall

ConsConsolidating operations does not have an added benefit for all concerned employees...

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, management does what theu need to do from a business perspective.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

xx

Proseasy to work collegial environment and the management is approachable lack of hierarchy good work life balance

Conslow paying not many competent people does not attract talent lack of systems management does not want to spend any money

Rewarding

Vice President (Former Employee)

ProsFast paced and rigorous, with no nonsense execution mindset and minimal overhead. Great place to learn and experience contract manufacturing

ConsProject planning and long term strategies could improve. Too many changes in strategic direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on a few strategies and align global team on them

This will give you ALOT of overtime.

QA Technician (Current Employee)

ProsPeople are nice (My boss and co-workers are awesome!)
    Work for the most part is very easy.

ConsWorking 7 days a week (Every other weekend we get off)
    Pay is not great
    Your working 9-10 hours a day.
    your breaks a really short
    you always standing ( on concrete, so your legs WILL HURT!)
    Rules are EXTREAMLY strict
    The recruiter\traning people will tell you highly inaccurate information so you will take the job
    ( and they do it because they take money from your paycheck for recuting you until you are no longer a contractor)

Advice to Senior ManagementGive longer breaks, and maybe invest in some more chairs, and people so we dont have to work over time.

Good plans, bad execution

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood lower level mgmt, good opportunity to learn how things are really built.

Conswork life balance, very hierarchical, no job training very bad for first job, no career path, no vision, attention to detail on meaningless things

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate an innovating/creative environment by putting your employees in positions to succeded rather then having high expectations without clear understanding or tools to fulfull those expectations.

Flextronics is a top tier EMS provider to work for

Global Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsFriendly, collaborative environment. People work very hard and take ownership for what they do.

ConsBalance for home/family life is tough. You will work a lot of hours but will also gain invaluable experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the qualifications needed for hiring program managers

Not a bad place to work.

IT Applications Support (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsPeople here are genuinely nice and willing to help in any way possible. Many opportunities to grow, if you ask.

ConsCompensations is a bit low, no fault to the company. HR tries to get its "bang for the buck"

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be nice if they offered more opportunities for employee growth.

My experience has been positive in just over a year since Flextronics took over the company.

Quality Inspector (Current Employee) Coopersville, MI

ProsProfit Sharing, excellent dental plan

ConsPay every 2 weeks,

Worked for Flextronics? Contribute to the Community!