www.flextronics.com
Profile Unclaimed

You will get the best when you show the best

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I will say no matter which team you are and for whom you are working If you have the strong ability to convince and impress your employer with your good work in the right way with the positive attitude then this is the place to work. Everyone works for salary and designation. Really focused work towards these two with all positive attitude will make you to reach your heights but if you work with "will they" or " how much ever i work someone else gets wat i need to" attitude then you are not working fully focused but you are working with those in mind limiting your potential. I personaly exp very good growth and recognizion... People need to understand one cannot become a manager in a year or two and so whatever the position it might be... it has its own proper path to travel... make sure you do that ..then the road will lead to where you need to be... I love Flextronics because i love my Job...There is no stop for fun, innovation, recognition in Flex... Flex is most Flexible and more focused... We are not just a company but integration of various technologies blended with high intelligence and accuracy.

Cons

I would say they need to review HR people because im not sure if the recuritments are happening genuinely ... probably yes but its for only 70% when it should be 100%

Do not try to hold the rope so tight with full strain and stress you will lose the grip rather just have firm and warmth touch on it so you wont let it go... i guess u can get it :) and sal can be increased since most of them are feeling its not up to the current market ...Rest are amazing and keep up the good work

quite satisfactory and of very much growth

Current Employee - 5S's Auditor in Zapopan (Mexico)
    Current Employee - 5S's Auditor in Zapopan (Mexico)

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

flextronics give work a lot of people

Cons

not every good worker is rewards

to listen to the feedback of productions workers

Easy work, great pay and great people.

Former Employee - Retail Technician in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Retail Technician in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Flextronics

Pros

The job was easy and the pay that you got for it was very good. There were raises every year plus 2 or 3 performance bonuses a year. Being in a retail environment you get to meet tons of people and it was very easy to network. Opportunities to move up were there if you wanted it. Also being a contractor for Verizon Wireless, we had the option to move over into a position within VZW, after fulfilling the approved wait time. It was also a fun environment to work in along with getting to work with some great people.

Cons

Being a contractor, you had to deal with your own upper management plus VZW upper management. Sometimes communication between the two weren't always as clear as it should have been. The wait time if you wanted to switch over and become a VZW rep was too long. Being a global company with different sectors within it, there were tons of positions constantly looking to be filled but there was no way to transfer from one sector to another.

I loved being a part of the Retail Technical Services team. The pay and benefits were great for the job I performed. I got to work with great people on both the the Flextronics and Verizon Wireless side. When I got laid off, the company paid me a pretty good compensation package. The only advice I have for Flextronics, is to offer more ease of movement within the company. Allow those working in different sections of the company to be able to move into another position that they may be well fit for. There's a lot of smart and talented people that have worked for Flextronics and it's a shame that you lost out on possibly keeping them as employees due to policy restrictions.

A good place to work.

Current Employee - Buyer III in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Buyer III in Plano, TX

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

Facility is very good. Tools given are good. Management is supportive.

Cons

Freguency of being on credit hold because Corporate wants to report a good cash position

Do not stop paying suppliers at the end of each quarter.

Sweet if you love working with computers.

Current Employee - Laptop Bench Technician in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Laptop Bench Technician in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

Working with all different types of Apple laptops.

Cons

Pay is not as much as if working directly for Apple.

Great people, interesting work - having fun

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

There are great people to work with. The work is interesting. I have the opportunity to take on new challenges, try new things and grow.

Cons

Tight margins often limit us in doing some of the "nice to have" things that would enhance the work place environment.

Enhance communication

A good place to work.

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

I think Flextronics is a very good company to work for. I work in the retail segment, and the pay is great in my opinion. The job is pretty easy (aside from dealing with ignorant customers), and they do seem to try hard to make their employees happy while still maintaining a successful business.

Cons

The customers are ignorant, and like other retail locations, we are told to cater to them. I don't mind helping people out who deserve to be helped, but you come across those completely ignorant, "the world revolves around me" people who think that everybody owes them something ... and if they whine enough we are supposed to give them what they want. This to me is a stupid practice in any business because people need to learn to be responsible for their own mistakes and actions, but instead they reward these people and give nothing to those who respect the system and treat others kindly. To me it's backwards, and so I feel morally exhausted sometimes.

Be careful with the conference calls, offer more face-to-face training ... often times a message can be lost in translation. It is much better to sit somebody down in the same room and go over new policies then it is to just have a phone call with them, etc.

Flextronics

Former Employee - Procurement Executive in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Procurement Executive in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Flextronics

Pros

Professional work culture, great guidance from seniors, good learning of industry best practices.

Cons

Compensation was average. Closed down the Bangalore operations.

Improve the business by even trying to get the local projects.

My Experience with Flextronics

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

Solid organization, significant improvements in how employees are treated; both at the hourly and salaried levels of the company. Company took appropriate measures to weather the economic downturn, fairly consistent bonus payments. Leaders tend to be open, direct, and honest in most cases. Love how a big company still tries to manage certain functions at a site level.

Cons

Big company, geographically distributed leadership. Mantra is to move faster than the competition, at many levels of management red-tape feels counter to that mantra.

The team is doing a good job managing difficult economic times. I applaud your efforts and am pleased you have brought back some of the temporarily cut incentive programs.

Great Company

Current Employee - Field Team Supervisor
    Current Employee - Field Team Supervisor

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

Work Hard, Good Recognition, Quick Advancement, 95% of coworkers are easy to get along with.

Cons

Tolerance for employees that slack off, just interested in paycheck. Requires too much paperwork to remove employees who cant perform basic job function. Employees transfered all over place frequently.

Use legal disclosure signed at hire point that allows termintation without clause for any reason for those employees that are downright aweful. Whether than having it take 6 months worth of documentation to terminate.