Flextronics Reviews

Reset

Global Program Manager

Former Employee - Global Program Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Global Program Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Flextronics (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, great people, great customers and clients.

Cons

Long hours ... very long hours.

2. Great Company

Current Employee - Field Team Supervisor
    Current Employee - Field Team Supervisor

Pros

Work Hard, Good Recognition, Quick Advancement, 95% of coworkers are easy to get along with.

Cons

Tolerance for employees that slack off, just interested in paycheck. Requires too much paperwork to remove employees who cant perform basic job function. Employees transfered all over place frequently.

Advice to Management

Use legal disclosure signed at hire point that allows termintation without clause for any reason for those employees that are downright aweful. Whether than having it take 6 months worth of documentation to terminate.

3. My Experience with Flextronics

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

Pros

Solid organization, significant improvements in how employees are treated; both at the hourly and salaried levels of the company. Company took appropriate measures to weather the economic downturn, fairly consistent bonus payments. Leaders tend to be open, direct, and honest in most cases. Love how a big company still tries to manage certain functions at a site level.

Cons

Big company, geographically distributed leadership. Mantra is to move faster than the competition, at many levels of management red-tape feels counter to that mantra.

Advice to Management

The team is doing a good job managing difficult economic times. I applaud your efforts and am pleased you have brought back some of the temporarily cut incentive programs.

5. Flextronics

Former Employee - Procurement Executive in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Procurement Executive in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Professional work culture, great guidance from seniors, good learning of industry best practices.

Cons

Compensation was average. Closed down the Bangalore operations.

Advice to Management

Improve the business by even trying to get the local projects.

6. A good place to work.

Pros

I think Flextronics is a very good company to work for. I work in the retail segment, and the pay is great in my opinion. The job is pretty easy (aside from dealing with ignorant customers), and they do seem to try hard to make their employees happy while still maintaining a successful business.

Cons

The customers are ignorant, and like other retail locations, we are told to cater to them. I don't mind helping people out who deserve to be helped, but you come across those completely ignorant, "the world revolves around me" people who think that everybody owes them something ... and if they whine enough we are supposed to give them what they want. This to me is a stupid practice in any business because people need to learn to be responsible for their own mistakes and actions, but instead they reward these people and give nothing to those who respect the system and treat others kindly. To me it's backwards, and so I feel morally exhausted sometimes.

Advice to Management

Be careful with the conference calls, offer more face-to-face training ... often times a message can be lost in translation. It is much better to sit somebody down in the same room and go over new policies then it is to just have a phone call with them, etc.

7. Great people, interesting work - having fun

Pros

There are great people to work with. The work is interesting. I have the opportunity to take on new challenges, try new things and grow.

Cons

Tight margins often limit us in doing some of the "nice to have" things that would enhance the work place environment.

Advice to Management

Enhance communication

8. quite satisfactory and of very much growth

Current Employee - 5S's Auditor in Zapopan (Mexico)
    Current Employee - 5S's Auditor in Zapopan (Mexico)

Pros

flextronics give work a lot of people

Cons

not every good worker is rewards

Advice to Management

to listen to the feedback of productions workers

9. You will get the best when you show the best

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I will say no matter which team you are and for whom you are working If you have the strong ability to convince and impress your employer with your good work in the right way with the positive attitude then this is the place to work. Everyone works for salary and designation. Really focused work towards these two with all positive attitude will make you to reach your heights but if you work with "will they" or " how much ever i work someone else gets wat i need to" attitude then you are not working fully focused but you are working with those in mind limiting your potential. I personaly exp very good growth and recognizion... People need to understand one cannot become a manager in a year or two and so whatever the position it might be... it has its own proper path to travel... make sure you do that ..then the road will lead to where you need to be... I love Flextronics because i love my Job...There is no stop for fun, innovation, recognition in Flex... Flex is most Flexible and more focused... We are not just a company but integration of various technologies blended with high intelligence and accuracy.

Cons

I would say they need to review HR people because im not sure if the recuritments are happening genuinely ... probably yes but its for only 70% when it should be 100%

Advice to Management

Do not try to hold the rope so tight with full strain and stress you will lose the grip rather just have firm and warmth touch on it so you wont let it go... i guess u can get it :) and sal can be increased since most of them are feeling its not up to the current market ...Rest are amazing and keep up the good work

It is working with many adventures

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

very intresting place to work

Cons

very hard to go onward in job position

Excellent job, appreciative Excellence and gives development options

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent job Appreciative Excellence Gives development options

Cons

I Can not find any

RSS Feed </> Embed