Flextronics

www.flextronics.com
Profile Unclaimed

I learned a lot of great things here, and got me started on my career of Quality Assurance Inspector.

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Inspector in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Inspector in Austin, TX

I worked at Flextronics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I could get on the Flextronics University website and take all different classes in almost any field there is to think of. I can further my career and move up and since it is a worldwide company you learn a lot more stuff here than you would in just a one country company.

Cons

Sometimes there isn't a lot of work, since I was working in Flextronics, but for Aerotek I got laid off. I really loved this company and all it had. Its a shame I didn't get to stay.

Hire me back. I am a really hard worker and want to move up in my career. MaryAlice Cancino

Great Company

I worked at Flextronics

Pros

great benefits especially health / medical

Cons

Worked Alot of overtime, you need to be prepared for that

Best place I've worked so far

Former Employee - Quote Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Quote Project Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Flextronics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Quarterly bonuses, good management, friendly co-workers, good pay, provides raises, some flexibility with personal schedule. Perks like on site cafeteria and coffee bar. Time off was adequate and benefits were decent.

Cons

HVAC system and building need updated. Not really on board with telecommuting. Team initiatives was not a strong point, and options for growth were limited. Training was sporadic.

Bring back ability to telecommute for those with kids.

perfect place to work

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Flextronics as an intern

Pros

great culture, great team work

Cons

little far away from downtown

Great place to work but hours suck

Current Employee - Cell Phone Repair Technician in Brighton, MI
    Current Employee - Cell Phone Repair Technician in Brighton, MI

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, constantly learning things about technology, scheduling was ok, but retail hours. Usually able to get time off that is requested. Insurance plans were decent, however when I gave birth, I still ended up with a $1,400 bill...Definitely better for sick visits or preventative care, not child birthing or major surgery.

Cons

Rules to receive quarterly bonus are ridiculous. If you are on maternity leave for 30 days but still work the entire remainer of the quarter, you don't qualify for a bonus. Any type of leave actually. Even if you are the highest sales rep...that happened to me multiple times unfortunately.

Change the bonus rules. It should be based on what you sell in the time frame, not whether or not you were on a leave for a week. I missed out on two bonuses because of how the quarters fell and the satrt and end of my maternity leave, effected two bonus. I was the top seller in my district, and got zero bonus. All my coworkers obtained the money that I earned. I'm still bitter, lol. Also, better insurance package for the amount it costs!

good

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

company Culture god working atmosphere

Cons

work here less than 1 year none so far

Overall

I have been working at Flextronics full-time

Pros

Great work/life balance, fair management

Cons

None of consequence- typical of any corporate work environment

Completely un-professional from managers to human resources to work for.

Former Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Flextronics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Their companies values only apply when it benefits the company and the leadership is very poor. I found no pros working for Flextronics, too bad really. I went to work for Flextronics thinking I was making a solid career change to find about the supervisor disrespected women in the position I was hired in. I was underminded me in front of co-workers over and over. I went to the manager several times and nothing was done. The work center was a Hostile working environment.

Cons

Only con was a free health screening. The health insurance plan was horrible. The health insurance is a HSA just horrible. Dental Plan was good though. I worked 6 days a week for two years to get a new product to market to be re-paid back by laying me off, my husband and 1,100 other people once the project was completed. I will never work for Flextronics in my career again nor do I recommend it to anyone. The pay is also very low if you do not have a degree such as I an my husband did. Most people were only getting paid $10 hr and when converted up to $10.50 hour.

Try hiring less managers that do not have any people skills and Supervisors that discriminate against women. Do not over hire employees for projects then lay off 1,100 people once the project is completed. Flextronics brought jobs to Austin sure enough but then laid all those people off a year and half to two years later !

Great company to gain experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to gain experience. there are no perks and no discounts other then on my sprint bill. vacation time, $60 quarterly bonus,

Cons

company doesn't value employees, HR doesn't care, the work schedule is never flexible and forbid to accommodate school schedule. you will not move up in the ladder. i have yet seen or witnessed anyone get promoted while I have been there.

care about your employees

It's an ok place to work

Former Employee - Machine Programmer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Machine Programmer in Austin, TX

I worked at Flextronics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Profit Sharing is nice. Cafe is ok. Health insurance not bad could be better. Lots of improvements to the place.

Cons

Prone to layoffs management for exes products out the door that are of bad quality supervisors are afraid to say no that can't go out to floor for use in production.

Get better supervisors and managers who actually know their job.