Flight Safety

www.flysafetech.com

Flight Safety Reviews

Flight Safety – Vero Beach – “Flight Safety InternationalVero Beach, Fl”

Kenneth S. Wood

Most people were OK

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Broken Arrow, OK

ProsMost people alright, decent benefits

ConsIncompetence among certain managers and employees, as well as lack of people skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementAssess some employees a little better! Some of the people there are worthless, and the ones that are worthy ending taking on the brunt of the (already) large workload. Train (one) manager on how to not take things so PERSONALLY, and to perhaps learn when someone is being insubordinate to his face.

Awful Place to work

Ground School & Flight Instructor IV (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThey have nice facility and Simulators. Most of the Instructors are excellent. Management tries try to insure the clients are taken care of (WHEN IT IS CONVIENT FOR THEM) ,Free lunch once a week for clients and workers. Ins. is fair.

ConsMost Hostile work environment I have ever been subjected to. Very negative managers with a lets get something on you attitude. Many people quit while I was there, and more after I had left. One of the reason had to leave because of stress and very poor employee moral. They do a very poor job of training their instructors how to follow their guidelines, and procedures. You are thrown to the wolves, and then written up for every possible mistake big, or small. This allows them not to not give raises, and also have a file to easily fire you. They offer No Retirement program. You are required to work many more hours than your fixed NOT HOURLY salary is basd on, and then surposedly given comp. time for this. Problem is you really never get the comp time. I left with over 100 hours of comp time. I also got no vacation one year as I was continually told they could not approve it at the times I requested as they were too busy. I got no vacation that year and was not paid for it as they told me it was my fault.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should all be able to manage people without threats and punishment. Not be so intimidating,
    but rather more helpful. The company needs people that are qualified to manage, not picked because they are bad instructors not popular with the clients and therefore not subject to much contact with the clients. Or have been there for longer time than some. I feel that the Center Level Management is the weakest part of this company. Most have not got a clue how to manage people or how to relate to them. Basically no people skills, and they really don't care.

Worked for Flight Safety? Contribute to the Community!