Flight Safety

Updated July 23, 2014
1.7

Kenneth S. Wood
1 Rating

Not a very transparent company

I worked at Flight Safety as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

decent environment for training and definitely employee outings are fun.

Cons

technology seems outdated and management not very transparent when dealing with employees,

Awful Place to work

Former Employee - Ground School & Flight Instructor IV in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Ground School & Flight Instructor IV in Houston, TX

I worked at Flight Safety full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have nice facility and Simulators. Most of the Instructors are excellent. Management tries try to insure the clients are taken care of (WHEN IT IS CONVIENT FOR THEM) ,Free lunch once a week for clients and workers. Ins. is fair.

Cons

Most Hostile work environment I have ever been subjected to. Very negative managers with a lets get something on you attitude. Many people quit while I was there, and more after I had left. One of the reason had to leave because of stress and very poor employee moral. They do a very poor job of training their instructors how to follow their guidelines, and procedures. You are thrown to the wolves, and then written up for every possible mistake big, or small. This allows them not to not give raises, and also have a file to easily fire you. They offer No Retirement program. You are required to work many more hours than your fixed NOT HOURLY salary is basd on, and then surposedly given comp. time for this. Problem is you really never get the comp time. I left with over 100 hours of comp time. I also got no vacation one year as I was continually told they could not approve it at the times I requested as they were too busy. I got no vacation that year and was not paid for it as they told me it was my fault.

They should all be able to manage people without threats and punishment. Not be so intimidating,
    but rather more helpful. The company needs people that are qualified to manage, not picked because they are bad instructors not popular with the clients and therefore not subject to much contact with the clients. Or have been there for longer time than some. I feel that the Center Level Management is the weakest part of this company. Most have not got a clue how to manage people or how to relate to them. Basically no people skills, and they really don't care.

Most people were OK

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK

I worked at Flight Safety

Pros

Most people alright, decent benefits

Cons

Incompetence among certain managers and employees, as well as lack of people skills.

Assess some employees a little better! Some of the people there are worthless, and the ones that are worthy ending taking on the brunt of the (already) large workload. Train (one) manager on how to not take things so PERSONALLY, and to perhaps learn when someone is being insubordinate to his face.

Flight Safety Photos