Flight Safety Reviews

1 Rating

1. Great Summer Internship

Former Intern - Web Development Intern in Tulsa, OK
    Former Intern - Web Development Intern in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Flight Safety as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Small team, but really productive. Really enjoyed working my summer internship there. We even had an intern meetings with the company president and he gladly accepted our ideas and input towards the internship program.

Cons

The building is huge, so to do anything or to walk anywhere takes a minimum of 10 minutes.

2. Flight Simulator technician

Current Employee - Flight Simulator Technician in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Flight Simulator Technician in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Flight Safety full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free coffee for employees and free food once in a while. This is a good place to learn the trade of a flight simulator technician. The company will give you plenthy of OJT if you are coming out of a different career field.

Cons

Unfortunately the company is very backwards for 2015. There is a strong good old boy system in place and you will not move to the next pay grade unless you are buddy's with the right people in management. The company still does about 50 % of its business on paper instead of electronically. There is active practice of public shaming if you make a mistake. If you decide to work here and I would not recommend it save every email you get. Management will try to trip you up with I have this email from 3 years ago and you made the same mistake again.

Advice to Management

Pull the company out of the past and trim the overlapping positions at the director and Vice President level. If you did this it would create a noticeable cost savings for the yearly budget numbers.

3. Not a very transparent company

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Flight Safety as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

decent environment for training and definitely employee outings are fun.

Cons

technology seems outdated and management not very transparent when dealing with employees,

5. Very poor stressful atmosphere with Hostile and inept Supervisors.

Former Employee - Instructor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Instructor in Houston, TX

I worked at Flight Safety full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good facility and simulators. Instructors are very good.

Cons

Treat their employees like trash. Constantly critical of you and not helpful at all. Poor benifits, and no retirement program. Employee moral is very low. Supervisors for the most part are less qualified than the employees. No real trriining on company policy and proceedures. Learn on your own by being admonished for mistakes.

Advice to Management

Select your midlevel management with a thought as to weather they have any people skills. Make sure that you listen to the people that they supervise. Stop the policy of placing a formal letter in employee file for any little thing. The we will get you and fire you atmosphire is very strong.

Awful Place to work

Former Employee - Ground School & Flight Instructor IV in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Ground School & Flight Instructor IV in Houston, TX

I worked at Flight Safety full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have nice facility and Simulators. Most of the Instructors are excellent. Management tries try to insure the clients are taken care of (WHEN IT IS CONVIENT FOR THEM) ,Free lunch once a week for clients and workers. Ins. is fair.

Cons

Most Hostile work environment I have ever been subjected to. Very negative managers with a lets get something on you attitude. Many people quit while I was there, and more after I had left. One of the reason had to leave because of stress and very poor employee moral. They do a very poor job of training their instructors how to follow their guidelines, and procedures. You are thrown to the wolves, and then written up for every possible mistake big, or small. This allows them not to not give raises, and also have a file to easily fire you. They offer No Retirement program. You are required to work many more hours than your fixed NOT HOURLY salary is basd on, and then surposedly given comp. time for this. Problem is you really never get the comp time. I left with over 100 hours of comp time. I also got no vacation one year as I was continually told they could not approve it at the times I requested as they were too busy. I got no vacation that year and was not paid for it as they told me it was my fault.

Advice to Management

They should all be able to manage people without threats and punishment. Not be so intimidating, but rather more helpful. The company needs people that are qualified to manage, not picked because they are bad instructors not popular with the clients and therefore not subject to much contact with the clients. Or have been there for longer time than some. I feel that the Center Level Management is the weakest part of this company. Most have not got a clue how to manage people or how to relate to them. Basically no people skills, and they really don't care.

Most people were OK

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK

Pros

Most people alright, decent benefits

Cons

Incompetence among certain managers and employees, as well as lack of people skills.

Advice to Management

Assess some employees a little better! Some of the people there are worthless, and the ones that are worthy ending taking on the brunt of the (already) large workload. Train (one) manager on how to not take things so PERSONALLY, and to perhaps learn when someone is being insubordinate to his face.

RSS Feed </> Embed