Flik International Reviews

1. Pantry Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Flik International

Pros

You get a week paid of vacation which after I believe 4 years with the company becomes 2. Insurance with the company is not so expensive. You don't have to bring lunch or uniforms, all that is company provided. You get a 15 mins paid break for breakfast (if you make the time for that to happen obviously).

Cons

Understaffed. Not so much communication. Not many opportunities to grow. The following applies to my account (not sure if it is the same in some other places): One day the manager tells you to do a thing in a way, another day you do the same thing and he tells you to do it some other way. To me that's bipolarity.

Advice to Management

Managers should be more professionals and stick to company policies. Call for help whenever someone important in the crew is out (pretty much EVERY PERSON in a small account). Be more open with your crew. Be a leader not a boss.

2. Good

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Flik International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team to work with. Friendly atmosphere, fresh healthy food. Great service, clean and well trained staff.

Cons

Poor training, lack of management. Hourly workers lack enthusiasm.

3. Think Carefully Before Applying

I have been working at Flik International

Pros

I've learned a lot simply based on the fact that I've found myself doing more than one person's job. What I may not be paid with actual currency I am gaining in experience. That is something I suppose.

Cons

-Poor management -Lack of training -Employees feel invisible -Poor communication -Issues and disorganization begin from the top and trickle downward -I cannot honestly say that I have ever met someone within the company that was happy with their job -Moving up within the company is an obstacle course full of empty promises and endless hurdles. -Those who do manage to move up are constantly fearing for their jobs

Advice to Management

Valuing your employees and acknowledging those who bend over backwards to maintain an account will work in your favor. I would also suggest more sensitivity training for management, and less gender specific rules. Forcing women to wear pearls and forcing men to constantly be clean shaven while simultaneously ignoring their hard work is only making your employees feel dispensable. Individuality is a beautiful thing and genuine interactions and relationships cannot be scripted.

5. Games, Lies, Zero Loyalty

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Flik International

Pros

Gain experience at high profile companies, hedge funds, and law firms...but you are outsourced

Cons

The management is afraid of their clients ( the firm, company, ect). Employees are not treated equally. The company constantly tells you how many opportunities are available with in the company but you NEVER move up. They only ever offer you lateral moves never a promotion. If you do happen to find an opportunity at another Flik location, upper management will block your transfer. It happened to me twice. My location down sized I was told that there were tons of opportunities in company and not worry. I would be sent on interviews at other locations. I was sent on two interviews. One of the interviews was for a position making $6.00 an hour less than my current rate of pay. Zero effort was made to assist me in finding a new position...even after 8 years with the company. Mind you I had never had any disciplinary action during my time with the company. Staff calls out constantly with no repercussions of any kind. The rest of the "team" is required to cover for the absent person. Management is just a big joke. NO CLUE AT ALL!

Advice to Management

Understand your client and don't shove platinum service down everyone's throats. Some clients are just looking for efficiant, high end services...not all the frosting. Punish employees who call out and show up late repeatedly. Make sure the whole "team" is up to par. The senior staff shouldn't have to carry the weight of the newbies. Force the newbies to learn their job. Stop hiring unqualified people because they are cheaper. Again learn your client.

6. This Company

I have been working at Flik International part-time

Pros

They have an over all great benefit package for the full time employees. It's a great place if you have grade school kids sometimes.

Cons

Having management that it not willing to help you get to the next level. Not being paid nor do they have a plan for their employees if they are off if you work for their school system department.

Advice to Management

Find a better way for your staff members who are in the school department. Show that you care about the little people.

7. Great company needs management that understands workers not bottom line every time. Family feel when ran correct.

I worked at Flik International full-time

Pros

Family feel to many of their locations

Cons

Management sometimes just dont understand

Advice to Management

Work on workers moral

8. Great experience, not much room for a future

Former Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY

I worked at Flik International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment was great, coworkers were fantastic. Good benefits and great training programs. The team had very strong passion for the company's values.

Cons

Barely any communication with Management when it came to personal growth.

9. Server in a Flik hotel facility

Former Employee - Server in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Austin, TX

I worked at Flik International part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people I worked with were great. The benefits were good and they gave us access to many other perks (i.e. discounts at online retailers). Upper management seemed genuinely interested in an employee's feedback and in the employee personally.

Cons

Its a big company so individuals can feel like a small cog in the machine. This is especially true since direct managers are often overwhelmed with their various duties.

10. good place to start out at

Current Employee - Prep Cook in Whitehouse Station, NJ
    Current Employee - Prep Cook in Whitehouse Station, NJ

I have been working at Flik International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fast paced, lots of different tasks, chance to to learn (if you have a chef willing to take the time to teach you), fun coworkers. Benefits are pretty decent and the set hours (no weekends!) is really nice.

Cons

communication between kitchen staff and office staff is horrible. If the head chef is bad, don't expect to learn anything or move up in the company. Raises are a joke and you often have to fight to get your required yearly review.

Advice to Management

Actually pay attention to your staff when they are telling you there is a problem. Chronically under staffing your accounts and under appreciating your staff are a recipe for disaster.

11. Low wages and high demands.

Former Employee - Catering Attendant
    Former Employee - Catering Attendant

I worked at Flik International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health benefil had 3 options to choose from making it affordable since wages are low. Some management has hands on experience.

Cons

Low wages. The position posted a rate of pay and they offered me $1 less per hour at the 2nd interview. I had 10+ years experiene in Hospitality which was an insult but I needed the job. Locations borrowed equiptment from another location regularly because they didn't want to purchase it. All about the spreadsheet and being under budget at the expense and well being of under paid employees.

Advice to Management

The people making menus and policies should have hands on experience and base service standards, wages and menus on real life environments and not on shiny and glossy marketing materials. Buy and maintain proper equiptment inventory. You can't give platinum service if you're running around for serving utensils envery day.

RSS Feed </> Embed