Flite Reviews

3.9
Giles Goodwin

1. Great place to work.

I worked at Flite full-time

Pros

Flite cultivated a great working environment, promoted from within, and respected the work/life balance. The CEO showed genuine interest in each department, and the managers I worked under helped me to grow as an employee.

Cons

Certain members of the Leadership team behave in a way that alienates some of the employees. At times employee retention was a problem.

Advice to Management

Reach out to teams for feedback, and listen to what they say. As Flite continues to grow, make sure not to sacrifice culture.

2. Pleasure to be a part of a hardworking team at Flite

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Flite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Employees treat each other with respect -Independence given for your tasks -Fast pace agile environment, yet no micro-management -Good communication with managers and leaders -Fun environment to be a part of. -Good work and Life balance -"Unlimited PTO"

Cons

-As a growing start up, sometimes limited in man power. Work seems to pile up as you work on bigger tasks.

Advice to Management

Lets keep at it!

3. Love working here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Flite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone really cares about each other The company really cares about everyone's wellbeing and personal growth It's easy to make a big difference in the company The atmosphere is laid back, but productive Smart people working together to make ads better

Cons

Company is still in its infancy so there are still a lot of things to be worked out, often leaving employees slightly directionless

Fun Atmosphere, Big Egos/Low Stability

I worked at Flite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch on Tuesdays, relaxed environment and use as much as you need PTO.

Cons

Directors and leaders with big egos (don't expect half of them to even say hello to you when they walk past you), which is laughable when you realize how much trouble the company is in. Office culture talk a big game about feedback, but does not offer any to employees.

Advice to Management

Give actual feedback to your employees. Change the culture - it's not ok for some people to "just be hard to work with".

Great people, decent benefits, still finding direction

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Flite full-time

Pros

Some really smart people in engineering. Good teamwork, good attitude. Does not tolerate incompetence. Dedication to employee's well-being. First-class web app is defines its category. No one else comes close.

Cons

Still finding their niche. A late-stage startup that has a good team but their strategy continues to shift. Turn-over has been high due to both dismissals for performance reasons and poaching; and lately, due to downsizing.

Advice to Management

In addition to getting strategy right, morale is next biggest problem due to recent downsizing. Keep up morale of employees during turn-around.

7. Great company, going in the right direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Flite full-time

Pros

My work day to day is challenging and the people are great! Working in cross functional teams give a great overview of how all the pieces fit together. Big customers! Awesome location. Work-life balance is recommended with a "use what you need: pto plan. There is a good culture of transparency and fun. Lots of change regularly but sufficient prep and ability to adapt.

Cons

There has been multiple shifts in priorities and it's hard to stay aligned. Focusing on customer success will help.

Advice to Management

Stay focused and work as a team.

Mixed bag

Former Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Flite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Were willing to take a chance on hiring me in spite of inexact skills match. Lots of opportunity to learn new technology, good ability to actually take time off, good compensation, lots of attention to benefits.

Cons

Senior management's actions don't always match stated values, especially when it comes to transparency and promoting from within. Lack of feedback about things they wish were different.

Advice to Management

You provided a lot of training about giving feedback. You should actually give the feedback!

Great, fun startup where your contributions can really make an impact!

I worked at Flite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LOVED IT. I learned tremendously at this company, but like with any, you need to put in good work and earn respect of everyone across departments and in management positions. Most people are incredibly smart and always willing to help to make things happen. Because it is a start-up, there's a lot of opportunity for growth as long as you take initiative. Work / Life balance is your own to manage and very flexible. There's "as much as you need PTO" which essentially means you manage your work and time. Weekly Tuesday demos and catered lunches. HR does a great job with bringing in speakers on topics like Culture, Design, Health and opportunities to hear and listen to leaders in the industry for us to develop personally and professionally.

Cons

As mentioned in other reviews, some managers are notoriously difficult to work with but the company is actively working on training new and existing managers to grow with the company. Company also needs to focus and not change priorities too frequently.

Advice to Management

Keep talking to your employees to get feedback and make it all a joint effort. Keep a laser focus on what is best path for the company given the history, strengths, and potential. Keep up the great work with culture, offsites, and celebrations.

10. Company on a solid trajectory, great culture, good people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Flite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart, savvy, highly-talented team. Transparent and open management style. Honest company culture is fun and opinions are valued even if they sometimes dissent. Great, transformative product. Atmosphere is a unique balance of start-up innnovation and advertising savvy.

Cons

Open floor-plan helps with alignment, but noise is sometimes distracting. Rapid growth and product development sometimes means last-minute fire drills.

In all honesty--a great place to work--and I'm a female!

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Flite

Pros

The employees and culture at Flite were bar-none the best of any company that I have worked with. I made some great friends during my time at the company and found it to be a great working environment. It's a fast-paced and intellectually challenging environment that's also very fun and creative. The only reason why I left the company was due to the fact that I approached by another company with an opportunity that was impossible to pass up--but it was definitely a hard choice to leave Flite.

Cons

As a female employee who was with the company for two years, I can attest that there are not that many female employees at the company, BUT I always felt that my ideas and professional growth were encouraged by my male superiors. Also during my time at Flite, I got the sense that the company recognized there was a dearth of female employees and actively was working to recruit and promote females within the company, and went out of their way to ensure that female employees had opportunities for job growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in employees and retain the fun culture.

RSS Feed </> Embed