Florida A&M University

Be The First To
Add Photos

Florida A&M University Interim President Larry Robinson

Larry Robinson

Great People to work for and with

ProsLearn from many great people the essential skills that will be used throughout my career. The people are great and encouraging

ConsWorking conditions fluctuate due building renovations.

I possess excellent administrative assistant and customer service representative skills.

Office Manager (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsI love providing services for the students, their family members, our employees, faculty, vendors and etc.

ConsTrying to make sure that every need is met to the satisfaction of each requester even when the services you provided is not what they wanted to hear.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue each individual with worth and show them that they are vital to the entity and compensate and promote them accordingly with fairness.

Students are worth the challenge

Professor (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsBright, hard working students fulfill teaching them. Salary is okay.

ConsFaculty should be developed more.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't try to change nothing for the better because it wont work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsIt is very laid back but if you dont know the right people there is no room for growth.

ConsThe management skills are horrible and people are hired because of who they know. My supervisor is incompetent of her own job and I still don't know my job title. This job is like a crate of crabs every is trying to pull each other down. A lot of people attitudes are nasty and its hurting the students.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn you job and stop looking down on others. Learn how to communicate effectively with each other. PLEASE create a good work environment

Can be a awesome place to work

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsThere is the opportunity for much learning, and also lot of resourceful staff there to help.

ConsToo much nepotism, and family do not necessarily know their role or the job for that matter. Supervisors think they are god, and there is too much favoritism. Many of them don't know how to speak with you as an equal or as a junior staff or as a human being. You mostly feel like you have an uphill battle. As it pertain to salaries, its not across the board with respect to qualification and experience, it all depends on which country you are from and who your boss is, or whether you are male or female.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo and learn some management techniques, how to deal with human beings, how to make people feel wanted or appreciated for their worth, work and contributions. Thanks to those who know and does the right things all the time.

Outstanding experience in learning to be efficient with resources and come out on top.

Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsFlexible hours, admirable work-life balance, opportunities for mentoring and growth, family environment

ConsPay was lower than the national average at the time I was employed, however, this may correspond to the lower cost of living in Tallahassee, Florida.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership inspires the subordinates. Poor leadership can result in disgruntled workers and reduced productivity due to concerns related to job security. Productivity and professionalism will also increase when the leadership personally demonstrates both.

Great experience, helps mold you for future endeavors.

Resident Assistant (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsLeadership experience. Relationship Management. Lifelong connections. Very understandable of other engagements. Easy to talk to supervisor when addressing any problems or concerns.

Conswork/life balance.
    Constantly on call.
    Sometimes there is a lack of understanding that you are a student as well as a rising professional.

Good job for full time students

ProsVery flexible, the supervisors are great to work with.

ConsSS and federal fees are not taken out of check.

A wonderful and challenging experience

Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsThe management is very worker friendly providing a lot of job benefits. Very flexible work schedule and an active interest in staff-training and personnel welfare.

ConsSometimes the management bureaucracy can be a little much. There can also be some issues about leadership responsibilities.

Fun and entertaining

Tutor (Former Employee)

ProsGot to educate and inspire children. It was awesome being able to part-take in field trips at group costs and work with students in extra curricular activities.

ConsNo benefits, part-time, temp work. A good gauge indicator to those flirting with the idea of going into teaching.

Worked for Florida A&M University? Contribute to the Community!