Florida Blue

Florida Blue Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Florida Blue Chairman & CEO Patrick J. Geraghty

Patrick J. Geraghty

Pros
  • Work Life Balance - Flex Time - Leadership actually listens (in 11 reviews)

• Great benefits, flexible work schedule (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance that the company touts does not apply to contractors (in 6 reviews)

• For a health insurance company, the benefits aren't that great (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Very satisfied with my job

Case Manager (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat benefits, flexible work schedule

ConsManagement positions are not very inviting so it makes it hard to aspire a higher position.

Great experience but there is a lack infubding would not make contract employees permanent

Service Advocate (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

Prosflexible schedule, great manager, laxed environment, great training

Consno PTO for contract employees

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider your contract employees as great assets to the running of the company and should be treated as such after 6 monts or less they should become permanent if they have proved themselves.

Unethical practices

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery good pay for sales. Ancillary sales perks were awesome. Very good benefits.

ConsCompass program is a joke. Sales management can be unethical, abusive and dishonest to clients, agents and internal reports. Hostile atmosphere due to favoritism created by sales management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDispose of unethical older sales management who have tarnished the Company's reputation, and have destroyed careers of many, both internally and externally.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company to Work for

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Clermont, FL

ProsNo Pressure Sales, Good Pay, and Great Benefits.

ConsIT needs to get the act together. Takes too much time to fix a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake action on employees Ideas to improve service and better serve our customer

Amazing company with excellent benefits

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsI love that Florida blue offers an amazing dental program for associates plus great health insurance and the staff are like family

ConsNo cons. I love the job and my hours are great.

They are a good company with a strong work/life balance.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsStrong work/life balance. Friendly atmosphere.

ConsTechnology challenged. Lack of management collaboration across departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate manager collaboration across cross-functional workgroups to encourage teamwork. Divisions/departments tend to work in silos.

Good company, but lacking qualified leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat employee benefits including health insurance. Beautiful location at Deerwoord campus. Fellow employees made the job more fun. Compensation was fair.

ConsComplete lack of leadership. Moral was low and management didn't seem to care.

The "feel good" stops after the Top tier execs

ProsGreat benefits. Great Top level leaders

ConsWhat is said rarely equates to what is actually done. Be prepared to be elevated with a lie, then torn down with the truth....unless of course, you are privy to already know or share kinship with an exec. The company TRULY has great values on paper but most of the leaders do not exemplify or execute those values. Lastly, most jobs are posted with an intended candidate. I'm saying that as a longtime witness and recipient of this practice.

Not Happy. Favoritism and Regional feelings

ProsFlexible working hours as far as you do your job.

Consleads and managers support people from their region. Conversation only in native languages.

Not your grandparents insurance company

Care Program (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsFB is a progressive company that has diversified itself to be in the best position for 21st century economical challenges.

ConsFB partners with a few of the industries bad apples.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccelerated leadership change is for you... Not for the employees to accomplish. It's time for the same old players making the same old decisions to lead, follow or get out of the way

Worked for Florida Blue? Contribute to the Community!