Florida Cancer Specialists

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brad Prechtl

It Could Be Worse

Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay. Very Large Company, lots of locations, departments and positions. Floating, while at first I was not thrilled with the idea of having to cover in another location, the break from your seat can be nice. Floating is mandatory of all employees. Technology is ahead of most medical offices.

ConsManagement is on a power trip. LOTS of favoritism; while some get reprimanded others get a slap on the wrist. Double standard. NO TRAINING Department; you are thrown in the position. Expect to work hard with little/no appreciation. When they tell you all offices are run the same, it is a lie. Moving up is not as easy as they make it sound, there are a lot of HR rules that need to be changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease create a training program that will help retain employees, and keep current employees from the added stress of training someone in addition to maintaining there workload with out the compensation and/or appreciation of added work. Keep a better eye on regional managers and office managers, they should be micro-managed.

Really good job

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsPt focused care. Mostly positive atmosphere. Professional work environment. Interesting work. Lots of learning opportunities. Catered lunch provided most days. Technology and software very current.

ConsMicro-managed. Very little autonomy. Mediocre wages and terrible medical coverage.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess expensive benefits and more variety of coverage options. Does not offer a cafeteria plan. Currently only offered very poor coverage at an astronomical price.

Unorganized poor management

Medical Assistant (Former Employee)
    Palm Harbor, FL

ProsProvide empathic care to patients

ConsTerrible management unable to take time off to care for yourself

Advice to Senior ManagementTo big to have any knowledge about ethical values regarding staff

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible! Horrible management!

Billing (Former Employee)
    Fort Myers, FL

ProsTons of opportunity to move up.

ConsHorrible training. The woman training me was completely over worked, she was horrible to me, she resented training me. She told me one thing and then contradicted herself constantly. I would take notes and at the top of the page it would say one thing and at the bottom, the complete opposite. I tried to speak with her, but she just started bullying me. She would come into my cublicle, scream at me and leave. I went to management and asked for additional training, told them I was having issues with her.and they did nothing. I went to management three times in six weeks and got no help.I realized I did not want to work for people like tha, so I quit. It was the best decision I ever made!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, when they ask for help, HELP THEM!

Micro-Management, Hostile work environment, Slave driver mentality, you will never do enough for them.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA paycheck, free coffee, gun free environment.

ConsYou are treated like a 1st grader in school, with no ability to make any decisions, management has no clue, nepotism, Doctor's are the God's everyone else is a pion. The mid-level Managers work till all hours, get work text messages and email that they need to respond to till 2:00 AM or "else". There is no such thing "as a day off" here. "Vacation is a joke". Backstabbers, unskilled Managers/Supervisors, who are immature, and unskilled and gossip like there life depends on it. Catty, non-professional behavior. Run for your life!

Advice to Senior ManagementHighest turnover in the industry, must be something wrong someplace, but then again you're still getting paid your inflated salary so who cares?

Great place to learn

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBusy center, makes the day go by very fast. Lots of opportunities to learn and the patients are wonderful. Great benefits. Staff is a lot of fun and made great friends while working there.

ConsLow wages for amount of work expected to be done. Occasionally asked to work outside of my scope. Some doctors have a "God complex", although I've found this to be true at other facilities as well.

Nurse Practitioner

Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsFirst rate facilities and first rate medical staff. Provides excellent care for cancer and treatment. Great locations around the area.

ConsThe middle management and organization of the company is horrible. Salaries are based on position and not on experience. Expected to work long hours without extra compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementTerminate the entire Human Resources department. Start hiring men as the company heavily loaded with many incompetent women that just seems to be hired because they are women. Start paying for what you get and not what you feel the position pays.

Worked for Florida Cancer Specialists? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Florida Cancer Specialists reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Florida Cancer Specialists CEO Brad Prechtl. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Florida Cancer Specialists employees.