Florida Hospital Orlando

Family Oriented

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Florida Hospital Orlando full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture, great co-workers, room to grow within.

Cons

So far, I haven't found any cons.

Volunteering can be difficult because of the nurses but rewarding because of the patients.

Former Employee - Volunteer  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Volunteer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Florida Hospital Orlando part-time for more than a year

Pros

Volunteer supervisors are amazing and love their volunteers. The patients are incredibly appreciative of volunteers. It is very rewarding to make a difference in the experience of a patient.

Cons

Nurses are wonderful with the patients but do not make it easy to volunteer. They often (especially in NICU) view you as a nuisance instead of help.

Continued education to nurses on how to utilize volunteers in the best way.

Employees outshine their Mission statement taking it literally, the skill to heal the spirit to care.

Former Employee - Ptient Financial Services  in  Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Ptient Financial Services in Maitland, FL

I worked at Florida Hospital Orlando full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

ability to help the whole person, spirit, mind, soul, and body. Caring that goes beyond anymedical procedure.

Cons

Keeping up with financial healthcare changes

For the calibur of people you hire, micro management is not necessary and th eonly thing constant is change.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hospital Administrator

Former Employee - Hospital Administrator  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Hospital Administrator in Orlando, FL

I worked at Florida Hospital Orlando full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is a faith based hospital system that has outstanding facilities all over the Orlando region. I really enjoyed my time there, and found it immensely rewarding to contribute to the day to day operations of the facility.

Cons

More proactive measures to prevent employee abuse of loopholes in hospital policies. Staff needs to have a sense of ownership when doing their job. Employees new how to circumvent policies to leave early or on time when there was still work to be done.

Listen to physician recommendations regarding day to day operations.

Great, ethical place to work

Current Employee - Finance  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Finance in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Florida Hospital Orlando full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You are appreciated and valued. Security. They rarely fire people here.

Cons

Don't go to Billing where they monitor your every move. Registration is the peon of grunt work. They don't pay nearly enough.

The 1%-3% raises on a $11-$17 per hour rate isn't even ok. We work our tails off for FH, we need more. Seriously, a lot more. You can hardly survuive on that rate. I enjoy working for a great company, I wish that my hard work would reflect in my income. Also, insurance is way too expensive. My husband gets better insurance at a corporation.

OK place to work

I worked at Florida Hospital Orlando

Pros

Fascinating hospital with many departments - from helicopter pilot to Disney ambassador

Cons

Micromanaged from upper management. No ethics between co-workers

Great Experience

I worked at Florida Hospital Orlando

Pros

Hiring process was fast and benefits are good

Cons

Dept moral was low and understaffed

Discriminatory towards minorities

Former Employee - Accountant II  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Accountant II in Orlando, FL

I worked at Florida Hospital Orlando full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work hours. Never work late. Be home by 5. Light workload. Some good coworkers

Cons

If you are a minority and non-white and non Adventist, it will be a dead end job for you. They will find a way to fire you if you look for growth. Adventist college kids with little to no experience take a fast track route to become a manager in less than two years of experience and even director in 4 years. If you out pace in knowledge any of your superior they would not like you. I would not recommend anyone regardless color of your skin and religion not to work for this company. Unless you are friend with them then yes please go for it because favoritism is the key to success there. Double standard is a key word and thats how everything is done.

You need to walk the walk. Company has great value and ethics policy but that just not in practice.

Doesn't Know How to Get Things Done

Current Employee - Director  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Florida Hospital Orlando full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Initially, seems like great outfit. But, they don't walk their talk. They have big leadership meetings where it is all send. There is no interaction and no problem to solution reviews. Pretty junior management except top tier executives--good and bad; you can do well, but you also have tons of coaching and support required. Lars, the head of the company, is terrific.

Cons

Says they're into Healthy 100, but not introducing offerings. Too many decisions makers. No processes for new product development and implementation. You make your 'budget' and nothing else really matters. They don't do due dates. Things take forever to get implemented if they ever do. Their safety record is not good enough. Pay is low at management levels.Very much a fix/cure it mentality.

Create an 'in-charge' best practice, so things can get done when someone is away. Right now everything stops. No one is appointed to lead in the absence of the a group's leader. Create program plans with project due dates and follow-up on the due dates. Get humble. Your financials may be great, but your safety record and customer sat record is not. Dates slip and slip and no one seems to care.

good experience, could improve

Former Employee - Transporter  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Transporter in Orlando, FL

I worked at Florida Hospital Orlando part-time for more than a year

Pros

great co workers, great philosophy. food discount

Cons

pay is very low, not flexible with schedules, management not all on the same page

value all employees, not just the ones with degrees. it takes the complete team to make everything work.

Worked for Florida Hospital Orlando? Contribute to the Community!