Florida Hospital Orlando

Florida Hospital Orlando President & CEO Lars Houmann

Lars Houmann

Hospital Administrator

Hospital Administrator (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe company is a faith based hospital system that has outstanding facilities all over the Orlando region. I really enjoyed my time there, and found it immensely rewarding to contribute to the day to day operations of the facility.

ConsMore proactive measures to prevent employee abuse of loopholes in hospital policies. Staff needs to have a sense of ownership when doing their job. Employees new how to circumvent policies to leave early or on time when there was still work to be done.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to physician recommendations regarding day to day operations.

Great, ethical place to work

Finance (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsYou are appreciated and valued. Security. They rarely fire people here.

ConsDon't go to Billing where they monitor your every move. Registration is the peon of grunt work. They don't pay nearly enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe 1%-3% raises on a $11-$17 per hour rate isn't even ok. We work our tails off for FH, we need more. Seriously, a lot more. You can hardly survuive on that rate. I enjoy working for a great company, I wish that my hard work would reflect in my income. Also, insurance is way too expensive. My husband gets better insurance at a corporation.

I love working for such a great organization with faith base care.

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsI love my coworkers and feel that it is a great work environment. I have had two different positions within the company and have worked with great people in both positions.

ConsI could make a higher salary elsewhere and was denied a raise because I had "capped out".

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Senior Nurse Tech (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsOpportunities for advancement and education. Christian atmosphere with opportunities to express your religious beliefs without fear of punishment.

ConsLarge company, so employees may get lost in the shuffle

Florida Hospital -- a great place to work

ProsWork/life balance, faith-based mission is lived, not just preached, helping heal others

ConsHeavy workload -- sometimes exceeds 60 hours a week.

I've been here a while

MIS Employee Non-leadership (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsCEO Lars Houmann is a fantastic person. FH spends a lot of time and effort promoting the mission to "Extend the healing ministry of Christ". It is a faith based organization. I have been fortunate that most of my career has been under fantastic leadership. With the exception of one person, every immediate supervisor and most of the rest of leadership has made me feel like they have my best interest at heart. Benefits are pretty good. Should be voted one of the best places to work in IT. FH does not have all of the gimmicks that would get them on the list. Just an overall sincere group of people.

ConsFH is big so you will have some circumstances where someone does not feel well treated.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of the complaints seem to come from clinical staff. They work so hard and it's very demanding.

Hospital State of Mind

Walking Assistance (Former Employee)

ProsLove working with Patients and co-workers

ConsHaving no breaks and lunch is too short

Advice to Senior ManagementGive Kudos for people who get it

Florida Hospital more pros than cons

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsVery flexible hours, good pay and benefits, good recognition and praise for successful and beneficial actions, understanding supervisors, and friendly coworkers

ConsThe major issue I have faced by working at Florida Hospital Orlando is dealing with the morning and evening traffic conditions as I travel to and from work.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership is very good in my area at Florida Hospital Orlando, Supervisors are easy to talk to and are very understanding and willing to work with you.

Great organization. Love my job. Zero complaints.

Human Resources (Current Employee)

ProsI cannot speak for all departments, but I work on a very cohesive team that supports a spiritual environment and is an advocate for a work/life balance. I’ve noticed as a whole, Florida Hospital and their employees care about their patients and they care for one another. Just this week, a group of employees started a prayer meeting after our morning Energizer and we were able to connect to each another’s families through fellowship. Both my manager and director maintain an open-door policy and try to include staff on major decisions as often as possible. Also, we are encouraged to grow professionally by obtaining certifications, pursuing higher education, and taking time for job enrichment.

ConsI do not have any arguments against Florida Hospital, but after talking to several people in my department, they have expressed a desire for paid maternity leave and expanded parking at a handful of Florida Hospital locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would ask senior management to continue doing a number of things that employees appreciate like free health screenings, employee engagement celebrations, and merchant discounts. I would also ask them to continue expanding our Internal Communications to stay up-to-date on what’s a happening at all seven hospital campuses. Additionally, I would like to commend senior leadership when they are visible and walk the halls. I’ve found that my department feels more connected and engaged when we see our leaders.

For the time being, I belong at Florida Hospital South Radiology.

Enterprise Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsI feel at home with Florida Hospital South Radiology. I know how to do my job well, and in return, management does not micro-manage my actions. I am paid fairly, and although I have seen salaries at Orlando Health range higher, I have more security with this hospital. I am treated like family by many of my co-workers, the radiology staff, as well as the radiologists. I find them all incredibly pleasant to spend a little of my time with on a weekly basis.

ConsI do get the feeling that even if I do my job perfectly for years, I will not advance unless I actively apply at higher positions within the hospital. Management does not promote employees, but instead gives them better job security. This is great for those who do not like change, but the hunt for a better job within the same organization is not easy. Many of my co-workers have been in the exact same position for 10-25 years.
    On the plus side, Florida Hospital reimburses most if not all of tuition for full time employees. In this time I am capable of starting and finishing pre-med with the security that I will keep my job throughout. This is a good feeling.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of giving constant rewards (such as $55 for Thanksgiving, and an abundance of other nifty bonuses throughout the year), give them promotions. The job can feel stagnant unless you have the firm decision to advance yourself to a higher place.

Worked for Florida Hospital Orlando? Contribute to the Community!