Florida Hospital

Florida Hospital Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Florida Hospital President & CEO Lars Houmann

Lars Houmann

Pros
  • Room to grow IF you have a friend in management or a family member(in 3 reviews)

• if your goal is floor nursing outside of critical care, there are plenty of opportunities(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • No support from our unit manager, who only cares about her budget and bonus(in 3 reviews)

• cater too much to their doctors rather to their nurses even when the doctors are wrong(in 8 reviews)

Felt like part of the family

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent leadership; high cultural values; exceeds patient care standards

ConsBenefits were not what I expected

pharmacy technician

ProsChristian values and the people care about each other

ConsHard to move ahead.

lpn

Alpn (Former Employee) Winter Park, FL

Prospatient oriented, advancing daily in equipment

Conslpn status eliminated, that is it

Advice to Senior Managementconsider the experience of the people you eliminate

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Volunteer experience

Volunteer Nursing Unit Assistant (Former Employee) Altamonte Springs, FL

Pros6 dollar meal voucher, excellent staff, clean facilities, decent training

ConsYou have to figure out how to navigate the hospital pretty much on your own

Advice to Senior ManagementPost interview walk volunteers around to find closest bathroom, unit to volunteer at, and where the cafeteria is

Awesome atmosphere and great people.

MIS (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsChristian atmosphere with lots of encouragement to get healthy physically and spiritually. Diverse culture with other religions welcome also. Most areas are not interested in political games, but rather good character and integrity. Lots of room to grow your career in just about any professional field.

ConsThey do not pay the best for their positions and sometimes that impacts quality of new employees coming on board. They do not currently seem to train leadership roles with servant-based leadership ideals and tend to put "managers" or "supervisors" in place instead. Not sure about other departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some time training your leaders to be leaders and not managers or supervisors. Servant-based leadership is Biblical and truely the earmark of a successful business. Also, paying a healthier rate for employees and finding more experienced people would allow you to have fewer headcount at the same cost, fewer mistakes due to inexperience, and more long-term employees who are proud to carry the company torch.

Great place but...

RN Labor & Delivery (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsAmazing co-workers, great medical care to patients and families.

ConsLots of Drama with management. Not open to anything else besides their faith.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore involvement, not only listening but doing.

Love the company/Leadership is lacking education

PFS (Former Employee) Maitland, FL

ProsBenefits are great!. Annual pay increase and bonuses. Room to grow IF you have a friend in management or a family member.

ConsLeadership is lacking skills to manage. HR will not tell you why all applications gets denied/no rehire, even with experience and years with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the high turnover rate in certain departments. Make sure all in leaders are qualified and not just a friend/family or a friends of a friend/family. Just because you are experienced at the job does not mean you are qualified to lead and manage others.

They do NOT 'Extend the Healing ministry of Christ' to employees

Registered Nurse-Emergency (Former Employee) Winter Park, FL

ProsTeam mates, night time differential pay, patients and loved what I did

ConsLeadership, its very obvious you are replaceable

Advice to Senior ManagementYour team is who runs your department!!!

Great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsChristian based Hospital, but great diversity in workers. People care about each other and their families. PDO days instead of vacation/holiday days off.

ConsHard to move ahead. Can't tell if a position is a promotion, unilateral, or demotion. Plus it''s very hard to get an interview when applying for an internal positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview you HR software. You can have all posted requirements, years of experience, and never even get an interview for a position.

A great, diverse, opportunity of growth and exploration.

Patient Access (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsAlways a family type of environment

ConsAdhering to some of the Adventist principles, if you are not Adventist

Advice to Senior ManagementHear the voices of ALL staff members, not just management. Get all view points and vantages

Worked for Florida Hospital? Contribute to the Community!