Florida Hospital Waterman

Updated August 4, 2014
Updated August 4, 2014
2.3

Ken Mattison

The best example of TEAMWORK that I've ever experienced!!

Current Employee - Patient Care Tech in Tavares, FL
    Current Employee - Patient Care Tech in Tavares, FL

I have been working at Florida Hospital Waterman full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I work with an incredible TEAM of dedicated people who genuinely care about others and the environment in which we work.

Cons

Can be extremely high stress and overly demanding at times. For the amount of dedication that all put forth, the pay is a bit too low.

Staff by patient need, not by patient numbers. Restructure the way that beds are assigned in each pod, please stop putting so many high acuity patients in the same pod, it's dangerous for both patient and staff members.

All about the profit margin

I have been working at Florida Hospital Waterman full-time

Pros

Childcare, beautiful building, quiet country setting

Cons

Executive management is outdated, deaf, bloated, out of touch, constantly in denial of reality, focused on profit margin over customer care or staff morale, unable to recognize talent or effort, completely dispassionate, never around in order to help, always emphasizing negative actions ("fire them") rather than positive actions ("how can I help"), and so much more. If you are reading this because you are considering working at Waterman, don't do it. No one in the entire organization is happy. Everyone is dumping on everyone constantly. Run, do not walk, away from this place.

Check if you have a pulse. Pinch yourself to see if you feel anything. You may be a cyborg, and I don't mean the benevolent kind. Watch "How The Grinch Stole Christmas", especially the part about how many sizes his heart grew. Think about what you are doing to your staff instead of always just thinking about yourself and your bonus. Try to find the Christian inside that you claim to be.

Not worth my license

Former Employee - Food and Nutrition Cafe Worker
    Former Employee - Food and Nutrition Cafe Worker

I worked at Florida Hospital Waterman full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked with amazing people who cared about their patients but over stressed by the patient load acuity.

Cons

Lousy insurance, too heavy patient load with risk of unsafe practice, low moral, doctors not returning calls in timely manner, and low pay.

Needs revamped and actually let the nurses use critical thinking skills. If their is one bad apple get rid of it don't punish the rest of us.

Disengagement

I have been working at Florida Hospital Waterman full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There was a kind supervisor.

Cons

Director a pro at disengaging employees.

High-performing companies serve their employees just as well as they serve their customers. By making your employees happy you can ultimately make your customers happy.

my time at waterman

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Tavares, FL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Tavares, FL

I worked at Florida Hospital Waterman part-time (more than an year)

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

less than expected benefits and compensation growth

keep investing in personel

Waterman needs to revamp their policies and mission statement

Former Employee - Unit Secretary in Tavares, FL
    Former Employee - Unit Secretary in Tavares, FL

I worked at Florida Hospital Waterman full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I wish I could think of something positive to say..

Cons

Very stressful place to work, with high expectations, of the employee..if we do get a "bonus" it is payroll deducted..many have list their jobs, due to administration over spending on the 6 the floor..

The pay rates are insulting as well as the employee reviews.. The insurance is ridiculous..

Time to do a clean sweep, and hire all new management..

This was the worst HR Coordinator job.

Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Tavares, FL
    Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Tavares, FL

I worked at Florida Hospital Waterman full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you have children they will love the daycare facility. Also, once you mention your position you will be given quarter by the hospital staff.

Cons

If you like being treated with little respect in the most unprofessional manner along with enduring verbal abuse by your immediate supervisor; then this position is for you. It is impossible to accomplish your job when you are constantly demanded to be a personal assistant to your supervisor. This department should have one hr coordinator and one personal assistant to help it run more smoothly.

Leadership needs to practice what they preach. Emotional intelligence and professional coaching should incorporated into their retreats.

Non caring management. All about the money not people.

Former Employee - Food and Nutrition in Tavares, FL
    Former Employee - Food and Nutrition in Tavares, FL

I worked at Florida Hospital Waterman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Mission statement is good if only it meant something to the employees.

Cons

People working who shouldn't be with people. Have favorites and mean to others. No one cares.

Need to have more help so people can be kind instead of over stressed! Have some people who actually care about the people and employees!

Could be a great place to work, but benefits and management policies are negatives.

Former Employee - Front Line Health Care Provider in Tavares, FL
    Former Employee - Front Line Health Care Provider in Tavares, FL

I worked at Florida Hospital Waterman

Pros

The Hospital has a beautiful campus on a hilltop overlooking Lake Eustis. The grounds and building interior are carefully maintained. All hospital rooms are private rooms, something patients LOVE. Large public spaces give this hospital a very open feel. Large Homecare organization has adequate resources.

Cons

Salaries are below average for the Orlando area. The most capable people will not work here because they can earn more in other places.

Benefits at this Hospital have always been marginal, but became even worse about a year ago. Many employees and families can no longer afford to pay the mandatory premiums AND the high co-pays in the Hospital's new health plan.

Likewise, educational benefits are very limited, and poorly administered. Employees receive the impression that the Hospital does not want them to further their educations. HR processes education reimbursements slowly, and make education applications overly complicated and difficult.

Homecare management has done a poor job of making new hires, and seems to promote "yes people" in lieu of finding capable and well-educated managers. The negative atmosphere in the Homecare offices comes directly from the director of the division who seems to be more interested in playing psych games than she is in leading a high quality organization.

Fix the medical benefits NOW. You are losing good people.

Fix the salary situation, especially for your best people. Once hired, most employees have no financial incentive to stay. The only way to receive more than a cost of living raise is to leave.

Place more emphasis on education. It is difficult to earn a college degree with only a $1500 per year reimbursement.

Retire the Homecare Manager and find a dynamic and capable manager who will work full-time hours to build a positive, quality-based organization with well-educated and capable employees.

FIne, needs better Health Care Package, and Smater Administration.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Tavares, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Tavares, FL

I have been working at Florida Hospital Waterman

Pros

Christian, play within the rules.

Cons

Lack Business sense. My boss doesn't listen to any $ saving ideas.

Think of SAVING! Listen to the soldiers that are doing the work.