Florida Power & Light

www.fpl.com

Florida Power & Light Reviews

Updated Jun 13, 2014
Florida Power & Light – Miami – “Call Center”

Florida Power & Light President and CEO Armando J. Olivera

Armando J. Olivera

Pros
  • Good benefits and very nice people to work with(in 11 reviews)

• Benefits, training, work-life balance, career development(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • It may depend on your given role, but the work/life balance needs to be improved(in 7 reviews)

• Churn is high, even at mid management and business unit VP levels(in 3 reviews)

Top heavy organization but they are making strides. Good place to work.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Juno Beach, FL

ProsExcellent HR programs (Health & Wellness) and excellent retirement.

ConsVery political and bureaucratic organization.

Great company to work for with Opportunity.

Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsDiverse workforce allows expansion and growth. Good benefits and stable company that isnt going anywhere.

ConsNot much is bad about this company except they are Very shareholder driven.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus less on stock prices.

This is a great place to be when looking forward to retirement

IT Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) Plantation, FL

ProsThe people here are very helpful and knowledgeable about the business we are in.

ConsThis is not an IT company so the IT department is not top priority

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up wiht new technology. Train your employees and get them to use the training instead of relying so much on outsourcing the IT department

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Satisfied But?

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) Juno Beach, FL

ProsGood benefits and compensation. Good work environment.

ConsImprove on a mentoring program. Management could have a better relationship with employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementFilter down your game plan so lower level employees understand where you are going. Words like transparency and accountability do not mean a lot.

Great place to work

Insights Analyst (Former Employee) Juno Beach, FL

ProsThis is a very well positioned utility company that rewards its employees, and delivers value to its 47 MM customers.

ConsThis is a very regulated industry, and as such, there is a lot of red tape.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the strong leadership

Work experience at Florida Power and Light

ProsVery professional atmosphere and strong active co-workers. Co-workers are the best reason to work with Florida Power and Light. Good work location, every other Friday off.

ConsOnly ~3% average yearly salary increase. Currently performing company wide layoffs

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the current layoffs and cost cutting measures, not recommended because they will cut too deep and work life balance will take a bigger hit.

not for me

Senior Nuclear Analyst (Former Employee) Juno Beach, FL

Prossalary; gym; cafeteria; location; field

Conscorporate culture; hours; rigidity in thought

Advice to Senior Managementinnovate

Work experience at Florida Power and Light

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsVery Professional atmosphere and active management involvement. Safety is of utmost importance and is always the top priority.

ConsAlthough senior management tries to implement effective communication, It somehow does not filter thru with the same effectiveness thru all layers of company.

Marketing Communications

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood professional colleagues who are a pleasure to work with. Almost made the grueling hours worth it. Misery loves company.

ConsReplacing older workers through layoffs and attrition with much younger workers. Everyone in Marketing & Communications is overworked. Most work more than 50 hours per week with no overtime pay because they are all paid straight salary as they are misclassified as exempt.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the walk. Make sure each department is creating an environment where work/life balance is possible.

Great company to work !

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Miami, FL

Prosgreat Life Balance, Flexibility, very technical enviroment ( IT)

ConsOnly 3% average increases yearly

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are doing some layoffs at the moment, but mostly for older people to retire...

Worked for Florida Power & Light? Contribute to the Community!