Florida State University

www.fsu.edu

Florida State University Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014
Florida State University – US – “University logo”

Florida State University – US – “University logo”

Florida State University Interim President Garnett S. Stokes

Garnett S. Stokes

Pros
  • Really enjoyable work environment that gives you the opportunity to meet a lot of wonderful individuals (in 13 reviews)

• Great benefits, great school, management is top heavy but easy to work with (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • It was low pay compare to other school (in 10 reviews)

• A lot of time is wasted on unnecessary politics and projects (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

I enjoyed it.

Instructor (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsHealth and dental benefits/ never had any issues receiving payments that were owed to me; and it was a relatively collegial and friendly environment.

ConsIn some ways, it was run like a typical bureaucracy. Lots of unnecessary form filling, inefficiency and waiting in lines.

Florida State has been a great experience

ProsAdaptability, flexibility, opportunity for growth, expansion of leadership and professionalism

ConsI can not think of any.

Good experiences and a good company with great people who motivate you to grow and become the best you can be.

ProsGreat working environment which created confortable atmosphere.

ConsResources were sometimes scarce trying to find the right person for the right answers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research based (non tenured) Faculty

Assistant Scholar/Scientist (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsLess working-load, free working environments, higher research activity from the administrators, also good place to live in family. Less tax rate state

ConsLower income, not highly known research school in U.S

Greatest on-campus job

University Ambassador (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsThe Florida State Visitors Center puts the aspect of being a student first. Scheduling is made to be flexible with your class schedules and time for studying. The environment is professional for a college student and supervisors are very approachable for any situation, professional or personal. It is the greatest thing to officially represent the university and talk to visitors and prospective students about Florida State.

ConsThe biggest challenge is conducting tours on those hot summer days ... but you get used to it.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter transportation for VIP visitors or under special circumstances. Out of the 4 vans we had, 1 is really only left and the maintenance of that van is already poor. We work with what we have, but it would be great if we could get some updates in that. Also, we are the only entity that represents the university to visitors that does not have official gear. That would be nice.

You'll Love It - CSC

Event Staff (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsYou meet lots of people, the staff is nice, its hourly. Its a pretty good part time job, you call if you want to work or they'll call you.. During football season is the best time to join in. The interviews are really easy, and after you get the job you fill out some paper work and then have to come in for a test that has like 10 questions on it from the powerpoint they show you before. Good luck!

ConsThey don't answer the phones if its not a dang Monday or Tuesday, and some of the people who come there don't like the rules so they get little funky attitudes, and its bi-weekly.

Overall Very Pleasant

ProsCompensation is fair, but the job security and vacation time make up for it. They give you all the days between Christmas and new years off without having to use your vacation time.

ConsThey don't give raises. With the increase in inflation and cost of living I'm actually making less than when I started.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think more can be done to spend funding money more efficiently, but they are working on it.

Research Assistant at Florida State University

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsGood benefits and work environment.

ConsLack of training, promotions without more education.

Worked various housing student jobs

Assistant (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsIf you're a student, there's no better job.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Good place to work

ProsIt is really good that every TA has office. There are good training program as well. It was really nice to work there. Nice instructors and nice school.

ConsYou do have too much freedom there. It was low pay compare to other school. It was difficult if you have a family to support.

Advice to Senior Managementraise the pay.

Worked for Florida State University? Contribute to the Community!