Florida Tile

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Michael Franceschelli

Decent company to work for but limited in career opportunities at the lower level.

ProsGood company trying to gain market share in their area. Intent on investing in new technology and green ideas.

ConsNot giving regular raises to employees even though company has meet yearly sales targets.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement could take note and value of all their employees, not just could also listen to sales salary and management staff. They could also listen to sales about what products are needed in the marketplace.

Roller Coaster Ride.

Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) Lexington, KY

ProsThe pay was good and I gained a lot of logistics experience. I will miss a few of my co-workers.

ConsThey stuck me with one person to train with that did not know how to train. The same person made her mind up early she didn't like me and undermined me and set me up to fail from the start. I am 42 years old, have never failed at a job, and have an IQ of 123. There should have been no reason for me not to be successful at this job. I also found out that the turnover in the Customer Service department is deplorable since moving to Kentucky. I wonder why.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind out who, in your customer service department has an innate ability to train. The person you have doing it now can not. She is very good at what she does, but she lacks the ability to show others how to do it well. I only got partial training and was expected to innately know details. It took trial and error to learn it and by the time I was doing well, I was labeled as a screw up. Oh, and from what I understand, your medical insurance is pretty bad. I didn't stay there long enough to see that first hand, but it is the talk in the break room. Heads up.

Company in transition with much confusion about its identity and no clear leadership direction.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMany great people in non-executive positions
    Strong brand recognition with consumers
    Good quality products

ConsPoor communication
    Lack of respect for employees - especially long-tenured employees
    No sense of corporate direction
    No communication between parent company principles and anyone below executive level

Advice to Senior ManagementMr. Burwell is no longer the CEO of Florida Tile. I did approve of the leadership we received when he was with the company. Since his departure, Florida Tile has had no competent leadership direction from its senior executives.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Florida Tile offers little to no training

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people working for Florida Tile are generally great people with a willingness to help each other succeed. Branches have small staffs, corporate is in KY. Corp. staff is responsive.

ConsFlorida Tile doesn't offer any really inexpensive tiles. They are not the "go to" tile for most dealers. Customer service is very important to Florida Tile but often the branches are very understaffed. Overworked employees make mistakes and struggle to respond to all customer concerns.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch the turn over rate in the branches, especially in specific positions. A high turn over rate can't always be attributed to bad hires.

Worked for Florida Tile? Contribute to the Community!