Flow International

Flow International President, CEO and Director Charley Brown

Charley Brown

Great Place a lil hectic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople, direction ,longevity, food and location

Consattire, hectic, lacked leadership,parking, breakroom

Unique Niche Market in High tech applications

RSM (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsAutonomy, independency, good technical support...

ConsCompany has recently been bought out by AIP...management changes will likely follow.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep all waterjet applications in consideration....do not specialize in X-Y machines only.

Challenging & Rewarding

ProsRoom to Grow, culture of promoting withing, exciting technology, flexible schedule

ConsManagement, particularly HR management, can be heavy-handed. The result is some quality people can get blackballed and poor performers are left to languish. Too many Sr. Managers like to say "no" instead of providing support to get things done. This is changing with the recent ownership change, including the replacement of Charley Brown.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for - there are some bumps, but overall they cared about employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI didn't appreciate how valuable my time at Flow was until I left. Good benefits, good work life balance. There were some downsides, like a secretive upper management, but they were open to feedback. Personal growth and upward mobility were both encouraged.

ConsThe upper management was very secretive. Communication upwards happened and was encouraged, but communication did not flow the other way. The CEO has since left the company.

Great potential for changes soon, but overall frustrating work environment with lack of continuity and guidance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsChallenging, people, flexibility, interesting market and products, always learning

ConsGrowth, Lack of pride in company, continuity issues

Good product, good people, bad management

Mfg/Engineer/Ops (Current Employee) Kent, WA

Prossome of best people I have worked with. they work very hard and some has been here for 20 year or more! very interesting technology and cutting edge keeps it interesting.

Consone word. management, they preach values but do not live them. treat people poorly and they our all leaving and some with a lot of experience which makes no sense. great people but terrible morales make it not so good.

Advice to Senior Managementtreat people better, keep experience people, live what you preach in all of your meeting.

Market Leading company frittering its edge away

(Former Employee) Kent, WA

ProsGreat people who really try their best. Proud of their technology and of doing right by the customer. Company is sufficiently dynamic that if you are a self starter, you can gain many different experiences including international exposure.

ConsLeadership does not listen or communicate well with its associates. Pay for the majority of positions tends to be on the low side. Many in senior management do not really have a good idea of what makes the company and its customers tick. The company does not value some of its most talented and experienced associates. They make snap decisions and do not pay competitively.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees. Spend time with them and get out of the ivory tower. Bankers are not going to make your company successful. They will line your pockets, but not make the company grow. Knowledge of your customers and associates will help immeasurably.
    Find folks in management who know something about the company, and more importantly know how the sales force tends to bend things in its own interests.

Great company, going through growing pains but will be even better soon.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kent, WA

ProsGreat product, biggest in industry, good people, still growing

ConsCommunication from top to bottom was a BIG problem, but it was getting better. Wages were very low but they were working on increasing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the lines of communication open with the people below you.

great technology with not great compensation

ProsWaterjet is a great technology and has a great potential for many applications. Flow is the leading company in the waterjet technology.

ConsCompensations and benefits are not competitive by the market standards. As many other companies, it is in cost saving mode and gives very small vacation hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to keep talented people and bring more. To the end please compensate talented employees better and restore vacation hours.

Worked for Flow International? Contribute to the Community!