Flowserve

Flowserve Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Flowserve CEO Mark Blinn

Mark Blinn

Pros
  • Great work life balance and good bonuses while economy was struggling (in 6 reviews)

• Flowserve is a good company to work for in many aspects (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Career development opportunities are limited (in 3 reviews)

• Benefits should be better for such a large company (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Current Employee

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsStable company with good pay and high probability for annual bonus in 10-15% range. Lots of opportunity for an optimistic problem solvers to flourish if able to surmount organizational challenges.

ConsFueled by tribal knowledge of experienced work force, new ideas and fresh perspectives are often met with strong opposition. This could be a difficult barrier for some to overcome.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemain open to the ideas of individuals looking to make a difference. Work to remove barriers so these potential high performers can make a difference.

Welcoming

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsFlowserve recognizes the importance of a welcoming atmosphere. They make an attempt to recognize the family aspect by doing a company picnic. Behaviors are rewarded and recognized. Praises are always given for a job well done.

ConsI have no issues except that the office space is a bit dark and there are no windows near me at all. It kind of depresses the mood a little bit.

Can be better

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsWork is less hectic
    some career switches are possible if you find the right opportunity
    good team members
    working with business is interesting
    encourages employees to be inclined towards continuous improvement, invests in training
    recently investing heavily in new technology systems as current systems are very dated
    ethical and safe

Consnot very social, no team outings, no team building, feels like a robot just coming in, doing their work and going home
    appraisals are like peanuts
    mainly a male dominated company
    no flexible timings (8-5 culture)
    if you are technically inclined, not a company for you as contractors are hired for programming, not much innovation...it is manufacturing company not an IT company
    no standard/global systems, every site has their own ERP system. data becomes fragmented

Advice to Senior Managementbring in a work-life balance and more opportunities for social life within the organization

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too big to get noticed

Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsBig Company - financially strong

Consits so big, you are just a number - totally disposable

Advice to Senior Managementvalue young emplyees

Disappointed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompetitive salary and benefits, great colleagues, but that is really all I can say because the reason I left was because I was dissatisfied.

ConsHighly stressful and laborious performance management program. Too many changes, too fast and at once, and too much of "ruling" attitude from the "many" managers. Far too many meetings about things that could be sent quickly in a note. A lot of extra projects, training, plans for each group to help them each meet their targets removing you from your daily tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees. Stop treating them like they are simple and irrelevant. Add more laborers and less management, so things can get done. Understand that not everyone needs or wants to be a manager and those people necessary also.

Bring back the old Flowserve.

First Class Machinist (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsPay is good as long as you're on the managers good side.

Unlimited overtime and weekends to work if you need money.

ConsGive 100%, they expect 110%.
    Give 110%, they expect 120%.

No regard to your personal life, they don't care. All they want is for you to be a robot and obey their command, don't expect any recognition, or anything in return. Our shop did record numbers and we got a 10 cent raise and hardly a bonus. While the managers (if you want to call them that) got their annual 30-50k bonus

Insurance sorta sucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou couldn't manage a lemonade stand. You need to remember where the money is being made. In the dirty hands of your hard working men. Not your cushy chair that you didn't earn

Great

ProsThe training is hands on, managers are great, and the environment really promotes growth. I would highly recommend searching for opportunities at Flowserve.

Consnone, the company does it right

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Pleasant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits; people are pleasant to work with

ConsDallas management interferes w/ consultant approach too often

Advice to Senior ManagementLet local workers solve their own problems w/o consultants

Not so bad, just a job

Senior Product Engineer (Former Employee) Springville, UT

ProsExciting products and good people to work with. Provided lots of training opportunities for ongoing education. Benefits are what you would expect for a corporation this size

ConsRaises are very little most years. Employees that stay are given small yearly increases, but if you leave they will offer a huge increase to get you to stay. I chose to leave. With the corporate pay structure I would have never gotten a raise again at the higher level.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate your employees to better match market rates.

Office worker

ProsGood pay to start. Company strives to be ethical and safe. Profit sharing and 401k are good. Values, employee appreciation preached at corporate level. Need more of that at local levels.

ConsManagement is uncaring. No regard for employees personal lives. Benefits should be better for such a large company. Not enough good people to get assigned work done. Stressful environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only reason good employees stay is the economy is so bad and choices are limited. Get rid of the dead weight and treat good employees better. Take more employee surveys and act on results.

Worked for Flowserve? Contribute to the Community!