Flowserve Reviews

Reset
3.2
Flowserve CEO Mark Blinn
Mark Blinn

Pros
  • There are employee picnics and weekly volleyball games during the summer (after-hours of course) that help to round out the work-life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Very good benefits which includes up to 5 weeks vacation per year, very traditional and strong products in strong markets (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Zero work life balance for employees (in 5 reviews)

• Fueled by tribal knowledge of experienced work force, new ideas and fresh perspectives are often met with strong opposition (in 3 reviews)

1. Awesome place to work.

Current Employee - Marketing in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Irving, TX

Pros

Your individual performance has a huge impact on how the company performs.

Cons

Jobs here tend to be pretty demanding.

Advice to Management

Senior management is doing an awesome job leading the company.

2. Great company, lucky if you can get in. They hire the best and are willing to take the time to find them.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Pros

The company priorities are in order and well directed. Good balance between work and home life. The company is on the move.

Cons

HR is managed by attorney and causes delay and inconsistant reactions. Sometimes a bad HR decision is a good business decision.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and pushing further growth.

3. Big company with a small company feel.

Current Employee - Machinist/Mill and CNC Operator in Taneytown, MD
    Current Employee - Machinist/Mill and CNC Operator in Taneytown, MD

Pros

Salary and benefits package is top notch. The plant I work at, has a smaller shop feel, which is a comfortable working enviroment, but have the security and finances of a huge company. From tooling and inserts to protective equipment and housekeeping supplies, if you need, tell a supervisor or tool room attendant, and you will get it. This is an enviroment that is not only pleasant to work in, but makes it easy to want to to a good job, and have pride and concern in what you do. This entire package is far and above any other machine shop I've worked in, hands down.

Cons

I can't say this issue is with Flowserve, because it certainly is'nt limited to just there: but the overhead of the office workers, seems a bit much in my opinion. I certainly do not have another person running my machines at the same time I am. But that seems to be a common practice in an office atmosphere, several employees doing the same thing at the same facility at the same time. I of course have a limited scope, however, as stated, not uncommon anywhere.

Advice to Management

If things should ever come to a job cutting scenerio- look behind desks, and not in front of a machine.

5. A fantastic company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Pros

Great pay, comfortable environment, decent benefits, very stable company, an ever expanding industry, merit based raise system, yearly bonus payout, and advancement opportunities are just a few of the great things about Flowserve.

Cons

You will be a small cog in a very large machine. Flowserve is a huge company. Sometimes praise and recognition for a job well done is a little lacking.

Advice to Management

Praise and recognition for a job well done or a job done above and beyond the call of normalcy should be encouraged. At the same time, people who do very little should be reprimanded.

6. Very pleasant. It is a very profesional company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Pros

Growth Good Salary Compensations Professionalism Structure Nice location Good year annual bonus Open door policy Safety Managers attention Good work enviroment

Cons

Few personal time Overload of work No family-life balance Medical Insurance is not the best No Sick days (have to be discussed with your manager)

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees

Commitment to innovation...passionate people solving world problems

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Flowserve full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is rich with pride and innovation with a competitive spirit to be the best at the heart of the organization. Having a diverse business portfolio grown through the commitment to quality and customer service, as well as mergers and acquisitions, Flowserve has company stability and leverage in the marketplace. The company is committed to innovation which provides an array of opportunities to solve problems and find best in class solutions.

Cons

I think there is still opportunity to connect people internationally and find solutions to increase the engagement and inclusion across the globe.

Advice to Management

Keep it up - having a commitment to top talent and the best leaders will take us beyond our goals.

8. Great company.

I have been working at Flowserve full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good career prospects. Challenging roles. Leadership encourages employees to do their best.

Cons

Too many silos. Antiquated IT infrastructure.

9. Great company and work environment

Pros

Ambitious people Great Benefits Good company work ethic Good opportunities for upper level advancement within the company Good pay Great relationship with customers and employees

Cons

Bonuses can be fixed base on position

10. Great

Pros

The training is hands on, managers are great, and the environment really promotes growth. I would highly recommend searching for opportunities at Flowserve.

Cons

none, the company does it right

Advice to Management

Keep it up

A great place to work.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Flowserve full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company and my supervisers went above and beyond to help me work and still take care of my husband when he got sick suffering with ALS. They worked with me and the time I needed to be at home to take of family. When i was going to leave to stay at home, they insisted that I take a family medical leave for 12 weeks so that I would actually be employed for a full ten years so I could take advantage of my full retirement. They did not have to do that and it has made all the difference in the wolrd now that I am alone.

Cons

None, really. Like all companies, there are always problems but this company really cares about it's employees and at the same time stay competetive in the world of finance.

Advice to Management

No comments, your doing a great job.

RSS Feed </> Embed