Flowserve Reviews

Updated September 7, 2014
3.4

Flowserve CEO Mark Blinn
Mark Blinn

Pros
  • Great work life balance and good bonuses while economy was struggling (in 6 reviews)

• Flowserve is a good company to work for in many aspects (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Career development opportunities are limited (in 3 reviews)

• Benefits should be better for such a large company (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Frustrating, Very bad company

Former Employee - Engineer Associate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Engineer Associate in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Flowserve full-time for more than a year

Pros

Absolutely nothing...
    Very difficult to find pros... What I can say is colleagues are friendly... Apart from that its not worth to work here...

Cons

Very less hike, no promotion, no knowledge gaining, high partiality n politics, no care n respect for employee.... Etc etc

No use. They rule. They don't listen to anyone...

Not a healthy work environment

Former Employee - Senior Product Engineer  in  Taneytown, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Product Engineer in Taneytown, MD

I worked at Flowserve full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed getting mechanical engineering experience in the analysis and design of centrifugal pumps. Since the engineering office is in the same building as the manufacturing plant, there are plenty of opportunities for an engineer to look at actual parts in order to understand better a pump design.

Cons

Flowserve is a large company that has grown through acquisitions of smaller companies. Although the small companies are now under the Flowserve umbrella, they still function as what they used to be before they became Flowserve. This hinders collaboration between Flowserve plants because they still view each other as competitors.

Moreover Flowserve has a less than desirable work environment. Often times meetings are scheduled and the meeting organizer never shows up. This is highly unprofessional, and a red flag that something is terribly wrong.

Finally, there is a mentality of "we've always done things this way" that does not welcome engineers coming from an industry other than the pump manufacturing industry.

Lead by example.

Double Standards @ Work

Former Employee - Machinist  in  West Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Machinist in West Chicago, IL

I worked at Flowserve full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy work for good and very skilled machinists...

Cons

I don't even want to talk about it... (it's overwhelming)

Sooner or later you will fail.... because of your lies...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Simply a pay check

Current Employee - Machinist  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Machinist in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Flowserve full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Again, simply a pay check.

Cons

Stifling level of nepotism and narcissism . After a decade of multiple senior managers, no improvement in sight. As stated in another review at a different facility, hard quality work is rewarded no differently than incompetence or even malice. Still somehow management maintains a very high opinion of themselves. Despite a litany of lofty corporate mantras and catch fraises, this company is just a big pump and dump for the CEO's.

Hoping to see management @ Dallas wake up, but have to believe the problem starts there.

If You Are Serious and Hard Working, this is not the Place for you!!

Former Employee - AR Analyst
    Former Employee - AR Analyst

I worked at Flowserve

Pros

They pay for the Retirement Package

Cons

Their Code of Ethics Statement does not apply to the Longtimers. The “Clicks” are more powerful than in Junior High, learn who they are and don’t oppose them as this will end your fleeting career.

Open your eyes and see what is going on in your own department. Stop worrying about yourself.

Learn what you can then move on.........for something better. One of the worst places I ever worked.

Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer

I have been working at Flowserve

Pros

Slightly above average pay. Good 401k, pension, above average medical, good bonuses when the company does well.

Cons

Poor leadership, no advancement. Way too much "good old boy network."

Hire more qualified people. End the drama. Time for some people to retire.

Runaway from Flowserve if you are serious about your Career or your next job. Flowserve is for a basic job not a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Vernon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CA

I have been working at Flowserve

Pros

- They won't fire you, even if you don't perform well
    - They pay decent salaries and benefits

Cons

- Your career is doomed. You may not be able to find another job, because you will not gain any new skills by doing a Flowserve job
    - Bad promotion policies
    - Very slow salary growth (2 to 3 % per year)
    - No recognition for good work. Poor performer and best performer are almost treated the same way

- Focus on career building for all employees. If you don't, no talented people will continue to work for you
    - Promote people fairly
    - Focus on employee education
    - Don't make your Marketing department people post best reviews about the company on this website

No career growth, salary is low.

Former Employee - Engineer, Staff  in  Vernon, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer, Staff in Vernon, CA

I worked at Flowserve

Pros

I'll let you know when I find one

Cons

Low salary, no growth. Your feedback and opinion do not matter to management. Your career goals are always ignored especially if you end up working in the nuclear engineering group.

Listen to your employees. Put them where they want to be.

Great place to work if you have no ambition, talent, or will to live.

I have been working at Flowserve

Pros

I'll let you know if I find one. Maybe the Parking.

Cons

This place i a nightmare. The only way to get promoted in this place is to be bad at your job. They promote people so they stop making things worse and they have even less responsibility. Career development is non-existent. Anything you do to try and make yourself more marketable is completely disregarded. You are pretty much a wage slave here. Expect to earn less than a teacher if you take a job here. You would be better working at a Kinko's. I am embarrassed every-time I have a conversation with friends of mine from college and the topic of pay comes up. Bonus has nothing to do with performance or review or anything like that. One year I busted my ass to get the best review out of anyone in the place and I got nothing for it. Next year I was as lazy as I could be and got more. Great system. Politics like high school, and stupid people abound. If you get the option, stay on welfare instead of taking a job here.

Get off your ass and trim the fat. You continue to lose talent at the low level because you promote incompetence, not ingenuity, skills, or intelligence. At some point you will realize you get what you pay for. I just pray I won't be here to see it happen.

Never did job that I was hired to do. Cnc Mill programming

Former Employee - CNC Programmer  in  Taneytown, MD
    Former Employee - CNC Programmer in Taneytown, MD

I worked at Flowserve

Pros

Benefits and pay, until the pay cut, were good and I liked the location.

Cons

Was hired to for cnc mill programming, instead I was put on cylindrical grinder, turret lathe, and cnc lathe , was told I wasn't preforming well, they were going to give me a 20% pay cut. and was untrainable, all this in less that a 3 month period !! When I asked about the cnc mill I was told that they had enough people for them and I was needed on other equipment. My background with Pro E , Master cam and Edge cam , programming on v33 Makino Mills. I later found out I was not the First person to encounter this. It did work out for me as I was restated at my former job , at a higher pay rate.

Hire people that have background on the jobs you have open, and put people that you do hire on the job they are hired for.

Worked for Flowserve? Contribute to the Community!