Flowserve

Flowserve Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Flowserve CEO Mark Blinn

Mark Blinn

Pros
  • Great work life balance and good bonuses while economy was struggling (in 6 reviews)

• Flowserve is a good company to work for in many aspects (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Career development opportunities are limited (in 3 reviews)

• Benefits should be better for such a large company (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cookeville, TN

Prosgood pay and working conditions

Conssupervision is poor very bias

Advice to Senior Managementhire managers that know about the product or machining

Double Standards @ Work

Machinist (Former Employee) West Chicago, IL

ProsEasy work for good and very skilled machinists...

ConsI don't even want to talk about it... (it's overwhelming)

Advice to Senior ManagementSooner or later you will fail.... because of your lies...

Raises are never good!

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsCasual Fridays, week off at Christmas, Summer hours, Cash Retirement Plan, AIP bonus based on Company performance, flexible work hours depending on your department, unlimited sick time

ConsYour yearly raise isn't based on your performance! Only get a percentage of money to divide between your team. Salaries are low!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company.

ProsGood career prospects. Challenging roles. Leadership encourages employees to do their best.

ConsToo many silos. Antiquated IT infrastructure.

Flowserve

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGreat People to work with

ConsVery little opportunity for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

An extremely friendly company where you are respected and valued for hardwork and kindness.

R&D Lab Technician (Former Employee) Springville, UT

ProsThere are great employees of all types. You could work with hard-working individuals who strive for excellence or with lackadaisical ones all in the same department. It is a wonderfully diverse place where anyone can feel included and welcome. The yearly bonuses are also a plus.

ConsThe yearly bonuses are tied to other plants in the company who may not be doing as well as yours so you may not get as nice a bonus if the other plant is failing miserably.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the lackadaisical employees; they aren't helping, if anything they're draggin down the company's moral

Great company and culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsFlowserve is a truly global company with many talented people in the Finance organization.

ConsThe main downside I see is the lack of mobility to move within the organization, which causes many talented individuals to leave the company....

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should make it a priority to identify opportunities within the company for talented individuals, i.e., a formal rotation program similar to that used by world class organizations.

Commitment to innovation...passionate people solving world problems

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThe culture is rich with pride and innovation with a competitive spirit to be the best at the heart of the organization. Having a diverse business portfolio grown through the commitment to quality and customer service, as well as mergers and acquisitions, Flowserve has company stability and leverage in the marketplace. The company is committed to innovation which provides an array of opportunities to solve problems and find best in class solutions.

ConsI think there is still opportunity to connect people internationally and find solutions to increase the engagement and inclusion across the globe.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up - having a commitment to top talent and the best leaders will take us beyond our goals.

Its fair, not the best not the worst

Associate Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Proscolleagues are good to work with

Consunclear career paths or support to achieve development.

overall good

Prosglobal company good people to work with

Consculture is intimidating, not much training

Worked for Flowserve? Contribute to the Community!