Fluential Reviews

Updated February 1, 2015
6 reviews filtered by
4.6
Farzad Ehsani

1. very positive and motivating environment..

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Fluential

Pros

Best place, where you can learn a lot. Managers have very positive and motivating attitude. You will get your personal identity.

Cons

As the product is new so sometimes stress is high

Fluential Response

Jan 21, 2015Business

We deeply value and appreciate all of our staff's hard work. As a company we strive to ensure our staff has everything they need to be successful in their work.

2. Well-meaning, but unable to close the deal.

I worked at Fluential full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Close-knit group of folks enjoying the atmosphere, which isn't as Silicon Valley startup intense as others. Allows for work/life balance.

Cons

No one is super clear about what to do as leadership is sporadic and not very directed They have been working for almost two years to get the app in the app store--too long.

Fluential Response

Feb 3, 2015Business

We appreciate this review, however, the leadership is not sporadic at all. Fluential has had the same CEO and CTO for many years, and we have also added a COO and VP of Engineering, both of whom ... More

3. Incredible company culture with amazing people

Current Employee - Business in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Business in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Fluential full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The technology is cutting-edge and the products being developed for the health and wellness space will better people's lives. It is an incredible culture filled with an amazing team of people who authentically respect and value one another. The leadership is outstanding and while there is a lot of work to do, there is a great deal of support and camaraderie. The environment is casual and laid-back with a lot of flexibility provided to staff regarding tasks, schedules, etc. I love it here! The company culture is absolutely wonderful and just a lot of fun. This is a genuinely great company to work for.

Cons

It is important to be able to multi-task. As this is a start-up company, there are always many exciting things to do and so the ability to prioritize will definitely come in handy. Also, since this is a small company, about 20 employees, everyone's contributions are invaluable, and so you have to be able and willing to produce results. It is a fantastic culture to be a part of.

start-up with exciting, next generation technology

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Fluential full-time

Pros

A small but very competent team of people is building next generation multi-modal mobile interactions of the kind that we all will be using in 3-5 years. It is a fun, fast-paced environment that is flexible and not encumbered with the slow moving processes like in large corporations.

Cons

As a small company, everyone's contributions are important, so everyone really has to pull his/her weight.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Architect in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Software Architect in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Fluential

Pros

Exciting new technology is being created at Fluential.

Cons

Must be self motivated and technically proficient.

Close-knit team working hard to create a great product.

Current Employee - Associate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Fluential

Pros

Fluential is a small company with a very talented team that works well together and cares a lot about the product and their customers. The work is extremely challenging and important, and everyone treats each other with respect and friendship. The atmosphere is very non political. If you work hard, work fast, and get results, you will fit in fine. If you are mediocre at your job or just don't care, you won't last very long. It is very apparent who is carrying their weight and who is not. Those who don't are asked to leave.

Cons

You must be able to accomplish a lot very quickly with limited resources.

Focus on the customer.