Fluidmaster, Inc. Reviews

9 reviews filtered by
3.7
Robert Anderson Schoepe

1. Business Partner

I have been working at Fluidmaster, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Work Life balance, great benefits, awesome people to work with

Cons

limited advancement opportunity; decentralized management structure

Advice to Management

centralize leadership and provide avenues for growth for top performers

2. Good place to work.

I have been working at Fluidmaster, Inc. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company takes care of their employees, has clear direction on where they want to be, and is constantly evolving to become better. They are good about supporting a good work-life balance. It has been exciting to be a part of a company that is growing year over year.

Cons

In the past the company has had issues between certain departments but in the time I have been here I have seen this significantly improve.

So far, so good

I have been working at Fluidmaster, Inc. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been here just over a year. The benefits and compensation are the strength here. This is a mid size privately owned company and the level of benefits are excellent, particularly the 401K match. The company constantly communicates with employees about goals, the state of the company and relevant information about what it will take to continue to succeed, the company is in a commanding position within the industry and in the books. There are opportunities to advance coming as the company continues to grow outside of the U.S. However, it will not happen overnight. There are also opportunities to volunteer and partake in events outside of the company. There are also company sponsored events periodically to enjoy.

Cons

Even though the president does a great job communicating and presenting the vision and direction of the company, the management layers below him do not communicate in a similar fashion. This may be because in a small company we get to hear straight from the president. Nevertheless, I think the overall leadership could propel the vision and direction through more active communication with the employees and development of the individual as we moved towards fulfilling the vision.

Advice to Management

Go beyond getting the basic work done to actively developing the employees further. This way, when opportunities for growth arrive, we are better prepared to propel the company agenda further.

5. Silo City

I have been working at Fluidmaster, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and training opportunities.

Cons

Very repressive company cultural values. R&D is non-existent. Communication and cooperation between departments is murky to hostile. HR leadership is invisible to inadequate. Entire company needs change management and intervention skills. This is truly a one product company.

Advice to Management

Department Directors need to lead and inspire. Most just barely manage their respective departments.

6. Good People Working Together

I have been working at Fluidmaster, Inc. full-time

Pros

Good people working together. There is a small business feel to the company with opportunities to grow beyond its traditional US stronghold. The current CEO has a good vision for the company, and, more importantly, he is a good communicator of that vision to the employees. The Senior Staff are aligned and seem to get along well. The work environment is both competitive and fun. Compensation/benefits are very good, probably the best I've seen from a company of this size. The owner instills some good traditions (Christmas Parties, 4th of July BBQs) that give the company a small business feel.

Cons

Some of the functional groups can get a little silo-ed, which can be a little frustrating. This is true for most companies, but surprised to see it even in a company that is led by decent people. Human nature I guess. As is true for many family owned businesses, it seems like the family can sometimes over-reach on operational processes, which can sometimes feel burdensome. But again, not atypical for a family owned business. Small company so career growth can be limited if that is an important factor.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate both the successes and areas of improvement to all employees. Encourage team building across functional groups to help build cohesion and a sense that everyone is vested in the company. Impart an annual vision to give employees a theme for the year and a reminder as to where to put their focus.

7. Working at Fluidmaster was a pleasure. The people were knowledgeable and friendly.

I worked at Fluidmaster, Inc.

Pros

Great benefits, smaller company with big company resources, private company, excellent people who make you feel part of a family, and always working on continuous improvement.

Cons

Average communication but was getting better.

Fluidmaster is a great place to work!

I have been working at Fluidmaster, Inc.

Pros

Fluidmaster offers a great work environment, outstanding people, excellent benefits, and a generous owner. The 401(k) match is the best I've ever seen. The owner carries on the tradition of his father to provide better jobs and benefits to employees than most companies could even think about. It's a plus that it's privately owned. Also, the newer leadership is providing a solid strategy and clear direction.

Cons

The location in San Juan Capistrano can be a negative for some. If you're in South Orange County or North San Diego, it's a positive because great companies are hard to come by in this beautiful area.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide a lot to employees. Don't look back and good luck. Fluidmaster has had a great reputation for so long and it deserves to be known as a great place to work. Keep going in the direction you're going!

9. Great people, Poor management.

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Fluidmaster, Inc.

Pros

When I worked there the people were great, nice clean enviornment, good equiptment, decent pay and benefits. There was plenty to do and I enjoyed coming to work.

Cons

The latesf round of upper management came from the auto industry and they could not wait to offshore all manufacturing. Good timing right about the time others figured out that was not such a good idea after all.

Advice to Management

Wake up; properly managed companies can do just fine manufacturing in the US. Look around there are many local examples. When Adolf ran the place I remember "Proudly Make In America" on the boxes.

10. Fluidmaster

I worked at Fluidmaster, Inc.

Pros

Brand awareness and market share

Cons

Executive Management, the number of consultants and owner

Advice to Management

Stay focused

Fluidmaster, Inc. Photos