Fluidmaster, Inc.

3.3

Robert Anderson Schoepe

Good People Working Together

I have been working at Fluidmaster, Inc. full-time

Pros

Good people working together. There is a small business feel to the company with opportunities to grow beyond its traditional US stronghold. The current CEO has a good vision for the company, and, more importantly, he is a good communicator of that vision to the employees. The Senior Staff are aligned and seem to get along well. The work environment is both competitive and fun. Compensation/benefits are very good, probably the best I've seen from a company of this size. The owner instills some good traditions (Christmas Parties, 4th of July BBQs) that give the company a small business feel.

Cons

Some of the functional groups can get a little silo-ed, which can be a little frustrating. This is true for most companies, but surprised to see it even in a company that is led by decent people. Human nature I guess. As is true for many family owned businesses, it seems like the family can sometimes over-reach on operational processes, which can sometimes feel burdensome. But again, not atypical for a family owned business. Small company so career growth can be limited if that is an important factor.

Continue to communicate both the successes and areas of improvement to all employees. Encourage team building across functional groups to help build cohesion and a sense that everyone is vested in the company. Impart an annual vision to give employees a theme for the year and a reminder as to where to put their focus.

Silo City

I have been working at Fluidmaster, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits and training opportunities.

Cons

Very repressive company cultural values. R&D is non-existent. Communication and cooperation between departments is murky to hostile. HR leadership is invisible to inadequate. Entire company needs change management and intervention skills. This is truly a one product company.

Department Directors need to lead and inspire. Most just barely manage their respective departments.

Working at Fluidmaster was a pleasure. The people were knowledgeable and friendly.

I worked at Fluidmaster, Inc.

Pros

Great benefits, smaller company with big company resources, private company, excellent people who make you feel part of a family, and always working on continuous improvement.

Cons

Average communication but was getting better.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fluidmaster is a great place to work!

I have been working at Fluidmaster, Inc.

Pros

Fluidmaster offers a great work environment, outstanding people, excellent benefits, and a generous owner. The 401(k) match is the best I've ever seen. The owner carries on the tradition of his father to provide better jobs and benefits to employees than most companies could even think about. It's a plus that it's privately owned. Also, the newer leadership is providing a solid strategy and clear direction.

Cons

The location in San Juan Capistrano can be a negative for some. If you're in South Orange County or North San Diego, it's a positive because great companies are hard to come by in this beautiful area.

Continue to provide a lot to employees. Don't look back and good luck. Fluidmaster has had a great reputation for so long and it deserves to be known as a great place to work. Keep going in the direction you're going!

Great people, Poor management.

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Fluidmaster, Inc.

Pros

When I worked there the people were great, nice clean enviornment, good equiptment, decent pay and benefits. There was plenty to do and I enjoyed coming to work.

Cons

The latesf round of upper management came from the auto industry and they could not wait to offshore all manufacturing. Good timing right about the time others figured out that was not such a good idea after all.

Wake up; properly managed companies can do just fine manufacturing in the US. Look around there are many local examples. When Adolf ran the place I remember "Proudly Make In America" on the boxes.

Fluidmaster

I worked at Fluidmaster, Inc.

Pros

Brand awareness and market share

Cons

Executive Management, the number of consultants and owner

Stay focused

Worked for Fluidmaster, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!