Fluke Networks

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Arif Kareem

Pros
  • Great people/staff to work with(in 5 reviews)

• Decent benefits and company car for sales and sales management(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The continual push to minimize waste and maximize productivity often threatens the job security of lower level employees(in 4 reviews)

• upper management "out of touch"(in 3 reviews)

Work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGood salary, nice colleagues, good products

Constoo much waste, not enough follow through

Advice to Senior Managementreduce waste, follow up improvements

Good up until the last 5 years when they hired all the EMC people and their goons in sales management

Field Sales (Former Employee)

ProsDecent benefits, vacation, average pay. Sellable product although archaic and slow to improve.

ConsCommission plans are rigged to defeat the over performers. Most comp plans have the accelerators capped at 130% so there is no incentive to deliver any more than that. The company simply doesn't want anyone making that much more than you comp at quota. If you do make it, your quota will be increased significantly to prevent you from making it again. Most people that have left see a 30%+ increase in their pay on the open market.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management is the worst I have seen. There are very few opportunities for any promotion. There are people that have been there for 10 years in the same position and are refused promotions so they leave. HR is a complete joke and refuses to do anything about the incompetent management even when provided with proof of incompetence.

Great people committed to success!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Everett, WA

Pros- Surrounded by really talented people who want to succeed and work as a team
    - The company treats associates well, is fair, and tries to do the right thing for people
    - Moderately-sized company, but also get the benefit of a larger organization in Danaher, which adds resources and career opportunities

Cons- It can be complicated at first to understand the interactions of the different businesses, as well as how they all fit into the platform and Danaher

Advice to Senior ManagementAssociates always appreciate being valued for our work and having new ways to grow and contribute - please continue to make this a priority at FNET!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great technologies, great company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsLots of different technologies you can learn and use. There are a lot of very talented people too--smart, engaging and collaborative. Company culture is based on delivering results and being highly accountable. This means there is little to no "politics" or egos to stroke. Feel like what I do has real impact with customers.

ConsBenefits are pretty standard. Company can be frugal so office environment looks a little dated (think cubicles from the '90s).

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to envision the next big thing and get there before others do. We have lots of products, so it can be hard to understand how they all fit into the strategy.

Great people, a management team that really cares about the success and development of associates!

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsOpportunity to grow in career path, great environment, employee perks!

ConsOffice decor could be more current; communiation stronger between future company vision.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to strive to drive innoviation to the next level. Keeping communications strong throughout organization.

Dead man walking

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsThere is a fine coffee and sandwich shop down the street if you don’t mind dodging traffic. Plenty of free parking.

ConsThe parent company won’t invest a dime in Fluke Networks so everything is done on the cheap. The business is dying and the relentless, petty cost-cutting has ugly impacts on every employee.

Innovation doesn’t exist. There is lots of penny-ante politics being played. If you think Apple or Google are good working environments, go there. Do not come here.

The people running this company are simply hopeless. There is no trust among the employees for “L1.” Management communication is drivel or misrepresentation.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe employees understand that window-dressing, like posting jobs that won’t be filled, is necessary. But this campaign to post scripted positive reviews to game the ratings is tawdry and unprofessional. Show a little self-respect.

Fluke

Assembler (Former Employee) Everett, WA

ProsGreat work environment, everyone was very caring and understanding.

ConsNo cons that I can think of besides the low moisture setting in the building, but that is for the safety of the electronics.

Update from previous post - refreshing life experience after leaving FNET

Marketing (Former Employee) Everett, WA

ProsI have posted a review here before. But want to provide an update.
    I have never thought there was a true positive coming from my experience with FNET. Now half a year later, after I joined another widely successful company and get a promotion just now, I admit the experience I gained at FNET allow me to contrast the 2 styles much better: company successful at driving innovation and monetize it vs. company still living in the old days trying to squeeze every penny out of their dwindling business. Worst yet, management will paint you a 5 year plan of tripling the business rev. but is nothing more than empty promise. Don't blame them for trying hard to drive morale, but sometime it just show how incompontent the VP/GM levels are.

ConsBe honest to yourself and your employee. If you are a organization trying to squeeze every penny out of Ops and manufacturing to make margin, admit it. Trying to fool yourself and senior management by keep repeating 1) FNET has a good brand 2) hence, we should charge an arm and leg of customers 3) build a nice business case to get funding 4) do problem solving report because you aren't selling much. It is not how you can sustain your business other than to keep your bonus.

And agreed with another poster, please don't let HR-bot keep posting those meaningless positive company review. It is very mis-leading.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company will survive well, as they are in some mature business sector with little competent competitors. So the business is always going to be there. So again, don't try to paint a picture otherwise. Get the right people to do the right job. I am trying to be honest here and hope people looking for job at FNET will be misled.

Relaxed Company, Growing FAST and very innovative with their products

ProsFairly good pay and benefits, High learning curve, and constantly creating new products

ConsManagement structure sometimes is not always on the same page.

The most vacuous place on earth

ProsThere are no “Pros” (as in positives) at Fluke Networks. The “Pros” (as in professionals) are fleeing Fluke Networks.

ConsThis is the worst company I ever had the misfortune to work for. It opened up eyes that there could be such a disaster in the capitalist world.

The misfortunes of this company are well documented: attrition, layoffs, rotting sales, bronze age products, cut budgets, poor hiring, etc.

The positive comments are coming from trolls in the HR department. So lack of ethics is another Con.

Quality of management: the less said the better.

Lots of insecurity. With no direction everyone wonders if they will have a job next year.

If you have an overdue mortgage, if your spouse left you, if you want to commit intellectual or professional suicide, then welcome to Fluke Networks!

Advice to Senior ManagementResign. Today.

Worked for Fluke Networks? Contribute to the Community!