Fluor

Fluor Reviews in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England

Updated Mar 29, 2014

Fluor CEO David T. Seaton

David T. Seaton

Pros
  • 9 day fortnight is supposed to make your work/life balance perfect (in 15 reviews)

• The working environment at company is very good and better than most of the competitors in the market (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is too disconnected from project employees and mid-level management (in 11 reviews)

• Big Company mentality sometimes, too many Chiefs (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights
4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Avoid this company at all costs.

Process Engineer (Former Employee) Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsSalary is good.I think that's it. Benefits are poor. 9 day fortnight is supposed to make your work/life balance perfect... But Managers expect you to work off Fridays.

ConsProcedures driven. Managers are largely absent, but expectation that you will give your life to the company. Expected to arrive before 7am, and not leave until gone 7pm. Only expected to put 40 hours on timecard. All staff deemed Lazy and incompetent unless you are a manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage. Talk to staff... Listen.

Possibly the worst company to work for

ProsWhat can I say, I really cannot think of anything good to say about this company at all. It was conveniently located close to my home so I was able to walk to work

ConsAbsence of communication from senior management. Company has appointed US expats to senior management positions with no concept of UK employment legislation.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open and honest with employees.

Great Company to work for

Project Information Manager (Current Employee) Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Pros- Very process driven organisation - but thats not a bad thing in this case
     - Fairly flat management structure
     - A high focus on technical competence on employees and delivering that to clients

Cons- Limit to how far/quickly you can grow if you are not an engineer
     - You may be stuck with a duff project and not be able to move on until the project is over, or you leave the company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

keep off

Technical Translator (Former Employee) Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsJust salary, they really pay good rate for staff and contractors

ConsFor money you are paid they expect you to be below low profile and never show your abilities, experience of ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove control for Section heads, check up on people's personal profiles, you will find something really new about what is going on inside of your departments.

Worked for Fluor? Contribute to the Community!