Fluor

Fluor Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Fluor CEO David T. Seaton

David T. Seaton

Pros
  • 9 day fortnight is supposed to make your work/life balance perfect(in 15 reviews)

• The working environment at company is very good and better than most of the competitors in the market(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is too disconnected from project employees and mid-level management(in 11 reviews)

• Big Company mentality sometimes, too many Chiefs(in 10 reviews)

Great place

Senior Specialist, Material Management (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlex-Time, every other Friday off, great community relations program

ConsJob Security is based on the current demand for primarily Oil & Gas, if demand goes down you might not have a project to work on....to me, that is kind of scary

Safety is their priority

Field Engineer (Former Employee) Carolina, PR

ProsSafety programs, Organization, benefits and management.

ConsSalaries are too low for entry enigineers. Promotions are hard to get.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement a better incentive program for incoming new engineers and train them.

Fluor, A good place to work

Piping Designer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlexibility, Management is understanding, willing to work with family schedule

ConsBig Company mentality sometimes, too many Chiefs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at Fluor was a great experience. I worked with smart people. There were no slackers.

Senior Developer (Former Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsThe best thing about working with Fluor is stability. I worked there for 14 years as a CONTRACTOR!

ConsThey used to have some perks available to contractors, but they quick that over 10 years ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back some perks for the Contractors. I used to love going to the July 4th celebration. You no longer invite the contractors who are a huge part of the success of the company.

I was thoroughly supported in every role I took on and learned the most I had at any job thusfar.

Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) Whiting, IN

ProsDiverse working environment, room for promotion, multitude of learning platforms, ability to travel, a conglomerate, and friendly management.

ConsDelays of work because of government or politics, insurance nor 401K not company matched, insurance very expensive and deducted weekly

Best Company ever!!!

Engineering Technician I - Intern (Current Employee)

ProsI have the best manager in the world. I should say it. He always give credits to my work. He neither keeps any restrictions nor force me to go in a particular direction.
    Good Pay.
    Endless Opportunities.
    Consider Interns for full time positions.

ConsThe background departments are really confusing. You need to contact at least 5 people if you had some issue regarding pay roll. etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be something like a Interns meet, so that they can share the knowledge they gained throughout the period.

Not a challenging job for the educated

Project Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsBig projects. Nothing else but i must have twenty words here for acceptance.

ConsLow salary. Low responsibility. No appreciation for people with strong experience AND strong educations. Intellect means nothing here. People in senior positions without basic understanding of finance, economic, and believe it or not, engineering. Sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire educated people AND keep them!

Preservation Manager

ProsThe ability to put 2 thru 10,000 professional individuals together, across the globe, who have never even met, and manage the construction of multi-million to multi-billion dollar construction projects.
    Sound business plan and governance.
    The opportunity for growth utilizing the many mentors available and the Fluor University online learning center.
    The ability to go to different projects and perform in different roles because of the way Fluor utilizes their Project Procedures Manual, PPM, the Project Execution Plan, PEP and the Site Quality Manual.
    Diversity and Inclusion.
    The ability to "cross train" into different areas of expertise.
    Excellent Management programs give provides excellent opportunities for advancement.

ConsNot so much a con, but if you choose to work "in the field," you will spend your career traveling, both domestic and abroad.
    As we like to call ourselves, the "Traveling Band of Gypsies."

Advice to Senior ManagementNever forget that the least significant job on a project means the world to the person performing that job. To both their self esteem and that of their family.

I have enjoyed my employment with this company and intend to make it last many years to come.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe work is very professional and prosperous.

ConsMaking a position in the company so where you yourself is needed for future endeavors.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep work lined up for your workers.

I have no complaints it was a great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBest rnr package out of all contracting companies overseas.

ConsIt's who you know not what you know when it comes to promotions 95% of the time

Advice to Senior ManagementLeading by example is the best tool.

Worked for Fluor? Contribute to the Community!