Fluor

Fluor Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Fluor CEO David T. Seaton

David T. Seaton

Pros
  • 9 day fortnight is supposed to make your work/life balance perfect(in 15 reviews)

• The working environment at company is very good and better than most of the competitors in the market(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is too disconnected from project employees and mid-level management(in 11 reviews)

• Big Company mentality sometimes, too many Chiefs(in 10 reviews)

Great

Cashier (Former Employee) Garland, TX

ProsWonderful Leadership and excellent benefits.

ConsNo Challenges to speak of.

Great company to work for.

Piping Designer (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsGreat work environment. Great employee conveniences. Great managers and supervisors.

Conscyclical business. Projects, contracts and jobs come and go.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more money!

First job out of college

Associate Design Engineer III (Former Employee) Aliso Viejo, CA

ProsThis was a great first job out of college. They were able to provide good training and real life experience. The pay was very good for a first job.

ConsThe work comes and goes and when things are good they are very good and when they are bad you get laid off. You figure they pay you extra to compensate for the fact that they may get rid of you after your project is over.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place

Senior Specialist, Material Management (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlex-Time, every other Friday off, great community relations program

ConsJob Security is based on the current demand for primarily Oil & Gas, if demand goes down you might not have a project to work on....to me, that is kind of scary

Great Company

Procurement Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFluor has provided a wide range of opportunities for me though out my career. For a large Fortune 500 company, Fluor has provided a flexible work-life balance environment and encourages personal growth. Any cons are outweighed by the pros.

ConsBeing a leader in our industry, Fluor takes on some of the biggest, most complexed projects in the world. If you are part of project execution, there are many challenging obstacles and the stress that is associated. However, I find myself never bored.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize talent and do a better job retaining that talent.

Safety is their priority

Field Engineer (Former Employee) Carolina, PR

ProsSafety programs, Organization, benefits and management.

ConsSalaries are too low for entry enigineers. Promotions are hard to get.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement a better incentive program for incoming new engineers and train them.

Fluor, A good place to work

Piping Designer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlexibility, Management is understanding, willing to work with family schedule

ConsBig Company mentality sometimes, too many Chiefs.

Working at Fluor was a great experience. I worked with smart people. There were no slackers.

Senior Developer (Former Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsThe best thing about working with Fluor is stability. I worked there for 14 years as a CONTRACTOR!

ConsThey used to have some perks available to contractors, but they quick that over 10 years ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back some perks for the Contractors. I used to love going to the July 4th celebration. You no longer invite the contractors who are a huge part of the success of the company.

I was thoroughly supported in every role I took on and learned the most I had at any job thusfar.

Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) Whiting, IN

ProsDiverse working environment, room for promotion, multitude of learning platforms, ability to travel, a conglomerate, and friendly management.

ConsDelays of work because of government or politics, insurance nor 401K not company matched, insurance very expensive and deducted weekly

Not a challenging job for the educated

Project Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsBig projects. Nothing else but i must have twenty words here for acceptance.

ConsLow salary. Low responsibility. No appreciation for people with strong experience AND strong educations. Intellect means nothing here. People in senior positions without basic understanding of finance, economic, and believe it or not, engineering. Sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire educated people AND keep them!

Worked for Fluor? Contribute to the Community!