Fluor

Fluor Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Fluor CEO David T. Seaton

David T. Seaton

Pros:
  • "9 day fortnight is supposed to make your work/life balance perfect"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Good Benefits and excellent pay"
    in 13 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management is too disconnected from project employees and mid-level management"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Large company with cyclic layoffs"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

GOOD

Prosgood work and life balance

Conssometimes no value for your thoughts

Fluor, A good place to work

Piping Designer (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsFlexibility, Management is understanding, willing to work with family schedule

ConsBig Company mentality sometimes, too many Chiefs.

Fluor

Customer Service Specialistt, Senior (Current Employee)
    Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsGreat salary, great management, friendly work environment

ConsNo cons whatsover.I found everything excellent.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore attention of subordinates

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at Fluor was a great experience. I worked with smart people. There were no slackers.

Senior Developer (Former Employee)
    Greenville, SC

ProsThe best thing about working with Fluor is stability. I worked there for 14 years as a CONTRACTOR!

ConsThey used to have some perks available to contractors, but they quick that over 10 years ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back some perks for the Contractors. I used to love going to the July 4th celebration. You no longer invite the contractors who are a huge part of the success of the company.

I was thoroughly supported in every role I took on and learned the most I had at any job thusfar.

Procurement Specialist (Former Employee)
    Whiting, IN

ProsDiverse working environment, room for promotion, multitude of learning platforms, ability to travel, a conglomerate, and friendly management.

ConsDelays of work because of government or politics, insurance nor 401K not company matched, insurance very expensive and deducted weekly

Plant Operator

Plant Operator (Current Employee)
    Boulder, CO

ProsNot a lot to say, in the position I was in. The facility they do contract work for the other company , is a mess.

ConsDon't know , where to start. Very mismanaged, never saw the supervisor, maybe once out of the six months I was there.

Before, I took the job, they must have gone through well over 2 dozen people, and the contract company I worked for ,warned me about them. And they were right.

I believe the good comments on this company in my position, probably are unionize people. This job wasn't. Not saying all unions are good, but in this case with this facility they out weight the mismanagement here.

Co-workers were pretty much never happy , a lot of narrow mind Hecks that worked there. A lot of the senior workers, wanted to quit , but couldn't because , they were too old. So, you can get the picture here. The company theY do work for , couldn't careless about the facility and mostly like are just stringing it along unlit they close it in 5ys. They also, couldn't care less for the safety around there either. (Fluor was too busy blaming their workers not themselves, which is BS)

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to clean house with your management here & get rid of the Senior operators that don't want to be there.

Best Company ever!!!

Engineering Technician I - Intern (Current Employee)

ProsI have the best manager in the world. I should say it. He always give credits to my work. He neither keeps any restrictions nor force me to go in a particular direction.
    Good Pay.
    Endless Opportunities.
    Consider Interns for full time positions.

ConsThe background departments are really confusing. You need to contact at least 5 people if you had some issue regarding pay roll. etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be something like a Interns meet, so that they can share the knowledge they gained throughout the period.

Great company

Marketing (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsGreat salary and benefits. Ability to work on projects around the globe.

ConsNeed to be mobile to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance and a formal program for mobile employees outside of IT would help us to compete better when recruiting vs. our competition. Would also increase more women at Fluor.

Preservation Manager

ProsThe ability to put 2 thru 10,000 professional individuals together, across the globe, who have never even met, and manage the construction of multi-million to multi-billion dollar construction projects.
    Sound business plan and governance.
    The opportunity for growth utilizing the many mentors available and the Fluor University online learning center.
    The ability to go to different projects and perform in different roles because of the way Fluor utilizes their Project Procedures Manual, PPM, the Project Execution Plan, PEP and the Site Quality Manual.
    Diversity and Inclusion.
    The ability to "cross train" into different areas of expertise.
    Excellent Management programs give provides excellent opportunities for advancement.

ConsNot so much a con, but if you choose to work "in the field," you will spend your career traveling, both domestic and abroad.
    As we like to call ourselves, the "Traveling Band of Gypsies."

Advice to Senior ManagementNever forget that the least significant job on a project means the world to the person performing that job. To both their self esteem and that of their family.

I have enjoyed my employment with this company and intend to make it last many years to come.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe work is very professional and prosperous.

ConsMaking a position in the company so where you yourself is needed for future endeavors.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep work lined up for your workers.

Worked for Fluor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fluor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fluor CEO David T. Seaton . All 385 reviews posted anonymously by Fluor employees.