Flyers Energy
www.flyersenergy.com Auburn, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Flyers Energy Reviews

Updated Feb 21, 2014
Flyers Energy – Auburn – “Headquarters”

Walter A. Dwelle

I love the Company I work for.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Auburn, CA

I have been working at Flyers Energy

ProsYou can get raises quick after your probationary period is over. Great team members who work together well make a store run more proficiency. You meet alot of new people that are called quests. Just the whole outcome of the job is what I love. I love the people and all my team members including in the office as well as the tanker drivers. I have had several upper management in the office back me up on alot of items otherwise I could of lost my job.

Consyou never get enough credit on the good things you do, you only get the negative side of it and that is what tends to stick with you.

Advice to Senior Managementgive great job done once in a while, or say a Thank you. those types of words go along way. I know I give them to my team members always and they like that.

This company sucks

I have been working at Flyers Energy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere are some very hard working employees who are not appreciated and others who are lazy and always get rewarded. If you brown nose you will get promoted and compensated without having to have any skills.

ConsSenior management and extreme nepotism. The senior management only cares about who he likes personally and it doesn't matter if you are qualified for a position. He will hire 2 to 3 people to do a job that one qualified person could do. Poor leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire

Working for Flyers Energy

I have been working at Flyers Energy full-time

ProsSince the company is growing, a new HR Director and HR department has been hiring a more diverse workforce rather than mostly Caucasian employees causing a forced acceptance of different cultures and helping the "good ole' boy" thinkers adjust their attitudes and behaviors. The core group of people that work at headquarters are generally very nice people when the act of managing people is set aside. Also, HR has been taking great steps to train several of the ill-skilled managers that have subordinates by sending them to management and supervisory training classes.

ConsThe company has a lot growing to do by getting away from the small business mentality. A number of managers are in their positions because of their years of experience in the industry and not because they know how best to manage people. As a result, these managers' reflects a"Do as I say, don't do as I do" behavior, resulting is conflict and strife. Unfortunately, there is a lot of nepotism throughout the company. Many people are family members- brothers, sisters, cousins, husbands, wives, etc. It's important to note, the health insurance offered by this company is extremely limited. The employee pays most of the costs. One does not get the feeling that this company really cares about the health of their employees because of they only offer one health care choice. Specifically, a PPO. A new employee must wait 90 days for benefits and one year for just one week of vacation. Five years for two weeks...does this sounds like a company that really has the employee's best interest in mind? This company makes millions of dollars monthly, yet wages for most employees starting with this company is about $16 hourly.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen Senior management hires middle management, they need to hire people with the skills for the position AND the ability to manage people fairly. Placing an individual in a management position simply because they know the department or the job itself does not mean they know how to manage people. Time and consideration must given to the interview process and compensation should be in alignment with experience. It is very costly to the organization when there is a high turn-over rate is a department due to a poorly trained manager responsible for subordinates. Senior management needs to trust the front line service providers more and not blindly trust whatever the middle managers say. Trust but verify. Be objective and truly listen to both sides of a story, look for the facts rather than hearsay.

If your a buddy of the management then you have it made; if not forgot about it. Advancement is not based on skills.

I have been working at Flyers Energy

ProsThe owners and honorable hard working employees.

ConsGrowth and advancement is available to those who are relatives and close friends. Skills, dedication and hard work is not recognized.

Advice to Senior ManagementPoor leadership. Does not walk the talk.

Satisfactory

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Flyers Energy

ProsStable company, some growth potential

ConsCommunication and fairness lacking at times

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better, more people friendly

Worked for Flyers Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Flyers Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Flyers Energy CEO Walter A. Dwelle . All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Flyers Energy employees.