Flywheel

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Ruth Zukerman

Great Work Environment-I Love My Job

Club Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsAn incredibly positive work environment, the job isn't difficult, well compensated, great network of employees. The corporate headquarters are responsive to any and all concerns

ConsThe hours are a little bit crazy, but that comes with any job in the fitness industry!

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee feedback forms/opportunities to talk about going further in the company would be appreciated

Hired for one job, fired after catching onto bait and switch.

Technical and Mechanical Support Specialist (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood compensation and benefits, somewhat flexible schedule, great people to work with, laid back and fun working environment.

ConsI was hired to provide technical and mechanical support for several locations, but a few weeks after I came on board I was told I'd also be responsible for maintenance of the facilities (i.e.: janitorial work). This wasn't something mentioned in the online job description, the phone screen, two interviews or during my training. When I brought this up with the HR director who interviewed and eventually hired me he assured me it was just a misunderstanding. A few days later I received a call from the same HR director telling me I was fired - he refused to provide further information.

This wasn't the only detail misrepresented during the hiring process. I was told there would be some travel involved, one or two days a week. Later I was informed I'd be working off-site two to four hours drive time away up to four days a week once Summer ended.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest and upfront about what's expected of new employees. Don't leave any ambiguity about job titles, job descriptions or how employees' roles may change in the company.

Stressful at times, but I won't get paid better elsewhere.

Club Coordinator (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAwesome pay, great coworkers, free cycling and barre classes, lots of downtime, free clothes quarterly, overall easy job.

Consits a new company and rules and regulations are constantly changing. Don't expect everything to be exactly the same when you come in the next day. Senior management tends to dump everything they don't want to do on the lower levels, and most of the time they don't take the greater good of their employees into consideration over making money.

Advice to Senior Managementthere's a fine line between what a business manager should be doing and what a CC should be doing. Please make it clearer for yourselves. Also, if it's a day you know you wouldn't want to be working if you were in our shoes (blizzard, thanksgiving, hurricane sandy) then please god, don't make us do it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent team of people at every level, from maintenance team to ownership

Maintenance (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros-Pay is definitely to the scale of the region (well above minimum wage)
    -Co-workers are happy to be there, customers are the best I have experienced in any
    retail or service industry
    -Management is a human being and treats you like a human being
    -Free spin classes for employees

ConsThat one random customer that throws a fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep smiling and giving off good energy.

Worked for Flywheel? Contribute to the Community!