Focus Forward

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kim Harrison

You Should Focus Forward Everyday!

ProsFast paced professional environment, all ideas are welcomed, opportunity for advancement, employees are often greeted to a variety of all kinds of goodies, treats, gifts, and snacks in the lunchroom for anyone who desires, not to mentioned rewarded for their hard work! Excellent training program, AND exciting to come to work daily hands down!

ConsPublic transportation a little far but overall it runs frequent.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat tone from the top clearly shows in leadership roles that people can look up to. Would like to see FF branch out to other locations in the future.

RE: “You Should Focus Forward Everyday!” - Written by upper management, don't listen to this

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTruthfully, I was holding back on writing a review until I saw this post, which clearly came from upper management. Do yourself a favor and steer clear from this company.

The only pro are the co-workers.

ConsDisorganized upper management.
    Feeling under valued, working long days while being under paid.
    Fearing that at any point you will be fired even though you excel at what you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company to someone who will run it as a business and not as a personal piggy bank.

Zero focus; Will not move forward

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHigh paced environment which made the work day pass by rather quickly. Snacks were occasionally provided in the break room .

ConsNo ethics or morals when it comes to valuing employees. Extremely discriminatory. It was mentioned that an employee was hired because they looked a certain way. It was shocking and unprofessional. The reviews on here are all accurate.

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unprofessional, high turnover rate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasy to bond with co workers over sketchy working conditions.

ConsRegular public verbal disputes, Staff commonly "corrected" and embarrassed in a public setting, upper management seem to have an inability to deal with people on a human level, very high turnover rate, very few raises, no room to move forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some classes on how to deal with your employees respectfully so as to avoid your turnover problem and reviews like these.

Fast-paced, career-minded environment

ProsDetailed training program, room for promotions, company is expanding. It's a young, young, fun environment. If you're looking for a career, this is a great place to start, as there are a lot of opportunities to learn and be promoted.

ConsI like fast-paced, but this place can be really fast-paced sometimes. The days go by quickly, but there is a lot to keep up with. If you can keep up here, you will be successful anywhere!

Advice to Senior ManagementThey've recently started to recognize their call center employees, as well as other employees - keep this up. It goes a long way with company morale.

Tired of being Micromanaged :-/

Recruiter (Current Employee)

ProsFree food at times in the breakroom, that actually taste good! It pays for my college stuff that my parents don't cover :-)

ConsAlways micromanaging us(the call center). They talk to us like we're dumb children that need every thing told and read 100 times for us to comprehend. And their tones are always super condescending. The PMs are pretty nice, except their stuck up boss, she seems to only like a few recruiters, the rest shes looks down on and it irks me when they all refer to us as if we're property "Come here! Who needs him? Can I have him for an hour? I don't need him anymore, you can have him!"

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the call center employees a bit more, we're the ones working harder than anyone filling up your studies but you treat us like crap, like you're all better than us or something. Don't be so rude and stuck up either. The CEO and her annoying , aggressive mom walk pass us in the hallways all the time with their noses up without saying a word.

Excellent training, growth and advancement opportunities

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Wayne, PA

ProsOpinions are valued. Small business that allows significant employee input to improve processes. Long training period, about 6 months, to assure you have the tools and understanding of your position.

ConsNo public transportation; not convenient if you live in the city (Philadelphia). Workflow is either crazy busy or slow. Only 3 weeks of PTO. Most all positions are salaried so overtime opportunities are limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow some flex time opportunities. Do more cross training amoung the three divisions.

I typically would never write a review, but job seekers need to be warned about this crazy place!

Qualitative Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Wayne, PA

ProsSome friendly and fun co-workers that made it slightly bearable, Some interesting project topics (but the actual work you do is boring- scheduling , confirming and harassing people to complete studies)

ConsHigh stress, Low pay, Micromanagement, HIGH turnover, Inconsistent and ever-changing directions and rules

Advice to Senior Management“Attitude reflects leadership!” There’s no wonder the employees are miserable, it trickles down from upper management. Learn how to treat and talk to your employees with respect as equals, not as lower class citizens in your dictatorship of a business. Save your money on those random free donuts, bagels and soda fridge and invest in QUALITY leadership training for yourselves. You make North Korean dictators look sweet… is that even possible? Lolll : ) Good managers empower their employees to do well by giving opportunities to excel; Bad managers disempower their employees by hoarding those opportunities. And a disempowered employee is an ineffective one.

Since I know this company has no intention of changing , these words of wisdom are for the job seekers out there: READ and BELIEVE all the Glassdoor reviews. I wish I would have before I accepted that offer. Or if only I would have listened to all the employees who warned me the 1st few days about the foolery that was in store for me! Don’t waste your hard earned degrees on this place, it really is a joke for any professionals that have experience and know better. I gave it a month and saw that nothing was changing at all, so I put in my “day” notice (yes day notice, they didn’t deserve to waste anymore of my time than they already had).
    They were so pissed my manager and her manager wouldn’t even acknowledge me or barely speak the entire morning. Not even an exit interview, how unprofessional - bruised egos perhaps? Oh well! It was hilarious to me and they just further justified that I had made the right decision to leave. They couldn’t stand to see my happy face so excited it was my last day, so they asked their HR director to tell me I could leave early around lunch time in a quick manner so I wouldn’t get to say anything to my co-workers, not realizing I had already told all the coworkers whom I was close to that morning that I had given my end of day resignation notice : )

It was so refreshing to go pick up my 7 month old early from daycare and also have time to handle things for my own part –time event planning business.
    When you KNOW your worth, you NEVER have to settle for less! It's an awesome feeling when you have the CHOICE not to settle and follow your dreams! I'm feeling blessed to have that choice!
     But you get the idea people, besides 7 minutes writing this review… I’ve already wasted too much of my time on them, in the “Old Projects” folder goes this company : )

Transcribers Not Valued

Transcriber (Former Employee)

ProsConsistent work, friendly staff, work as much or little as you choose, some interesting projects, usually detailed instructions

ConsVery low pay, tight deadlines with no increased pay, don't tailor what work you're given to your strengths and weaknesses (i.e. accents, difficult audio), no bonuses or increased pay rate ever

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your transcribers better to keep the good ones. I liked the staff, but after seeing how much FF charges and then how much is given to the transcriber, it just was not worth it. Add in that most other companies pay extra for a 24-hour deadline, and that makes the pay rate even worse--not to mention the fact that FF uses independent contractors and don't pay the share of the worker's taxes like they would for an employee. Some of the work was interesting, but I didn't feel valued at all and moved on to a better paying contract (which was easy to find, as almost all of the big companies have higher pay rates).

Horrible Bosses

(Former Employee)

ProsThe non management staff is tight knit, like prisoners of war. The office is new, but don't judge a book by it's cover.

ConsThe management are heartless, cheap, and the business model is outdated. Pay is a joke, benefits are very costly, and it's a revolving door with people being hired and fired continously. Do not give up a real opportunity to work here, you will regret your choice.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company to experienced owners who will run in right

Worked for Focus Forward? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Focus Forward reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Focus Forward CEO Kim Harrison. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Focus Forward employees.