Focus Forward

Updated September 27, 2014
Updated September 27, 2014
2.1

Kim Harrison

It's an entry level job.

I have been working at Focus Forward

Pros

The other recruiters are friendly.They provide free lunches as rewards. The hours are flexible for my schedule. The supervisor is very helpful.

Cons

The Project Managers show favortism to some recruiters and one Project Manager has her boyfriend working for her projects. He makes mistakes over and over again and no one seems to care. Others have been fired for similar mistakes. He never gets called off during slow periods and others who perform better are always called off.

Treat everyone the same and don't play favorites.

Stay away from this sinking ship.

I worked at Focus Forward full-time

Pros

As you will hear over and over on these reviews, I am not the type of person to write one of these. I am a professional. However, this company treated so many employees poorly, anyone considering applying should know that before they accept an offer only to be fired a few months later. The only pro about this company was bonding with coworkers about poor working conditions (as you can see by the many reviews).

Cons

Constantly in fear of being fired, discouraged from offering suggestions outside their norm, publicly shamed for mistakes (even ones that aren't yours), rewards poor work ethics and temper tantrums, poor communication from upper management and project managers across the board

Bring in an outside source to help you reevaluate your methods of operation. It may be difficult to tell members of the family within the company that they are creating a hostile work environment, but it's the only way not to flood an already sinking ship. Good luck.

Any positive review of this place is a lie.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Focus Forward part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free food (snacks and occasional pizza parties), Flexible, and easy to get hired here.

Cons

Everything else. Low pay, micromanaged, slow periods where there is a lack of work, no work = no pay and favoritism. You'll probably need a 2nd job working here unless you're a college student or a person who doesn't have any real bills.

Value your employees, stop micromanaging and talking to people like they're stupid.

You Should Focus Forward Everyday!

I have been working at Focus Forward full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast paced professional environment, all ideas are welcomed, opportunity for advancement, employees are often greeted to a variety of all kinds of goodies, treats, gifts, and snacks in the lunchroom for anyone who desires, not to mentioned rewarded for their hard work! Excellent training program, AND exciting to come to work daily hands down!

Cons

Public transportation a little far but overall it runs frequent.

Great tone from the top clearly shows in leadership roles that people can look up to. Would like to see FF branch out to other locations in the future.

RE: “You Should Focus Forward Everyday!” - Written by upper management, don't listen to this

I worked at Focus Forward

Pros

Truthfully, I was holding back on writing a review until I saw this post, which clearly came from upper management. Do yourself a favor and steer clear from this company.

The only pro are the co-workers.

Cons

Disorganized upper management.
    Feeling under valued, working long days while being under paid.
    Fearing that at any point you will be fired even though you excel at what you do.

Sell the company to someone who will run it as a business and not as a personal piggy bank.

Zero focus; Will not move forward

I worked at Focus Forward

Pros

High paced environment which made the work day pass by rather quickly. Snacks were occasionally provided in the break room .

Cons

No ethics or morals when it comes to valuing employees. Extremely discriminatory. It was mentioned that an employee was hired because they looked a certain way. It was shocking and unprofessional. The reviews on here are all accurate.

Reevaluate.

Unprofessional, high turnover rate

I worked at Focus Forward full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to bond with co workers over sketchy working conditions.

Cons

Regular public verbal disputes, Staff commonly "corrected" and embarrassed in a public setting, upper management seem to have an inability to deal with people on a human level, very high turnover rate, very few raises, no room to move forward.

Take some classes on how to deal with your employees respectfully so as to avoid your turnover problem and reviews like these.

Fast-paced, career-minded environment

I have been working at Focus Forward full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Detailed training program, room for promotions, company is expanding. It's a young, young, fun environment. If you're looking for a career, this is a great place to start, as there are a lot of opportunities to learn and be promoted.

Cons

I like fast-paced, but this place can be really fast-paced sometimes. The days go by quickly, but there is a lot to keep up with. If you can keep up here, you will be successful anywhere!

They've recently started to recognize their call center employees, as well as other employees - keep this up. It goes a long way with company morale.

Excellent training, growth and advancement opportunities

Former Employee - Project Manager in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Wayne, PA

I worked at Focus Forward full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opinions are valued. Small business that allows significant employee input to improve processes. Long training period, about 6 months, to assure you have the tools and understanding of your position.

Cons

No public transportation; not convenient if you live in the city (Philadelphia). Workflow is either crazy busy or slow. Only 3 weeks of PTO. Most all positions are salaried so overtime opportunities are limited.

Allow some flex time opportunities. Do more cross training amoung the three divisions.

Tired of being Micromanaged :-/

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Focus Forward part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food at times in the breakroom, that actually taste good! It pays for my college stuff that my parents don't cover :-)

Cons

Always micromanaging us(the call center). They talk to us like we're dumb children that need every thing told and read 100 times for us to comprehend. And their tones are always super condescending. The PMs are pretty nice, except their stuck up boss, she seems to only like a few recruiters, the rest shes looks down on and it irks me when they all refer to us as if we're property "Come here! Who needs him? Can I have him for an hour? I don't need him anymore, you can have him!"

Value the call center employees a bit more, we're the ones working harder than anyone filling up your studies but you treat us like crap, like you're all better than us or something. Don't be so rude and stuck up either. The CEO and her annoying , aggressive mom walk pass us in the hallways all the time with their noses up without saying a word.