Fogo de Chão Churrascaria (Holding) LLP

Be The First To
Add Photos

Larry Johnson

Amazing

Cashier and Hostess (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Fogo de Chão Churrascaria (Holding) LLP part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat team great management here in Austin Tx

ConsHard to get a pay raise, need to be proactive and ask.

Nyc, stay away.

Anonymous (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Fogo de Chão Churrascaria (Holding) LLP

ProsOverall, a great company to work for. Free delicious food every shift, good money, great team environment. A lot of opportunity for growth if you're willing to work for it.

ConsNyc I have found to be an exception to the rule for Fogo. Managers never seem to be around, and disrespectful and manipulative when they are around. I can't in good faith recommend this particular store as a good place to work. I've been with the company for several years, and am currently seeking other employment because of my treatment here. I don't want this to steer anyone away from working at other stores. This isnt meant to be an indictment against the company as a whole, only of the management of the New York City location.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop acting like you're the mafia. Start leading.
Stop talking to your employees like they're children or animals. We are all adults, most of us extremely hard working, and you're losing all your best ones because your treatment makes them miserable. Maybe take a clue from that fact alone that something needs to change.

lots of money but even more work

I have been working at Fogo de Chão Churrascaria (Holding) LLP

Prosyou will earn a ton of money

Consyou wont have any time to spend it

Long hours, high stress.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fogo de Chão Churrascaria (Holding) LLP full-time for more than a year

ProsFood is available for free after every shift to employees, co-workers have a great chemistry and work well together, the job itself is fast paced and fun, customers are generally nice and understanding

Consmanagement has extremely high expectations, high stress environment, no breaks, rare vacation days, not great benefits package

former employee , worked there less than a year

Cashier and Hostess (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Fogo de Chão Churrascaria (Holding) LLP part-time for less than a year

Prosthey dont pay bad, but its not worth the pain and humiliation

Consthey will treat you like a animal, and don't care about employees

Advice to Senior Managementplease treat your employees better because they work very hard.

Awesome place!

Hostess (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Fogo de Chão Churrascaria (Holding) LLP part-time for less than a year

Pros$10.50 an hour, you get to network, meet interesting people sometimes even celebrities, free meal provided every time you work, flexible "awesome" management, Christmas bonuses, and health insurance after 6 months of working there

ConsWorking holidays and sometimes you get cut late

Fantastic Workplace!!

Server/Bartender (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Fogo de Chão Churrascaria (Holding) LLP full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSolid Pay. great energy. knowledge builder. free great food for employees. and the list goes on and on.

Conskinda hard to think about any con really.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Terrible

Server (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Fogo de Chão Churrascaria (Holding) LLP full-time for less than a year

ProsOnly the cold and burned meats they give you

ConsThey do not respect the labor laws, you work more than eight. seven, six hours without a break, managers have a lot of discrimination. I don"t recommend this job to anyone. In my life was the worst job I ever had. You have no life working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the labor laws before someone shows it to you

Great place to work to cover your bills.

Server (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Fogo de Chão Churrascaria (Holding) LLP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat compensation in a well respected environment. Most customers are wowed by the experience. It's always faced pace and never a dull moment.

ConsLong hours and required to work holidays. There is no work/life balance. The company does not seem to care about the well being of their employees.

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in your employees

Not Worth The Stress

Host (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe best thing about working at Fogo was that you go free meals with every shift.

ConsThe mangers do not care about your hours, they expect you to put Fogo in front of everything. I was hired as a host but they put me on cashier after I had already told them I was not comfortable with that. If you make honest mistakes, they treat you as if youre purposely trying to bring down the whole establishment. I didn't count the money in my drawer right one time and they made me come downstairs to the main office to count it for me -- as if I was stealing it. It seems as if the managers purposely try to intimidate you. The restaurant is very fast pace however I have worked in similar fast pace environments and havent felt the same uncomfort and stress that I felt when I worked at Fogo. If you don't like stuffy environments this is not the place for you... if you like feeling like youre valued as an employee then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better, do not be so "stuffy"

Worked for Fogo de Chão Churrascaria (Holding) LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fogo de Chão Churrascaria (Holding) LLP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fogo de Chão Churrascaria (Holding) LLP CEO Larry Johnson. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Fogo de Chão Churrascaria (Holding) LLP employees.