Foley Carrier Services Reviews

Reset
3.4
Joel L. Sitak

1. Featured Review

Great job in a growing company

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Foley Carrier Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm in sales and make more money than my friends. I received training and appreciate getting good sales leads. Our manager expects a lot from us but is fair and genuinely interested in my development. I started in an entry level position and within my first year have advanced two positions. Good work environment with a cool office. Ping pong and fooseball in the cafeteria. Managers keep me informed in the monthly employee meeting.

Cons

Can't think of much. Maybe more days off.

Advice to Management

Slow down the pace of change. At times its too fast to digest.

Tough but Fair

Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Foley Carrier Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have never had a sales job before being hired at Foley. So, I was more than a little worried going into it, because the pay system is largely dependent on the amount of commission that you make. However, I believe Foley did a really great job training me and making sure I felt incredibly comfortable--both with the material (which can get a little complicated), as well as speaking on the phone (which can be nerve-wracking the first time around). The training they gave me was supposed to be spread over a whole week, but they worked with me at my own pace. So, if it was clear that I understood something, they moved right along--and then spent more time on my problem areas. This kind of flexible, one-on-one training was awesome, and I was really thankful for it. The job is tough--more than 90% of the time you spend on the phone, you're either leaving voice mails or being outright rejected. So, you definitely need to have perseverance to be good at this job. The work environment--the people around you, the supervisors, the break room (with a foosball table & ping-pong table), make that a little bit more bearable. The sales team as a whole is pretty friendly and inviting. They're always willing to help, but aren't afraid to joke around either. They are a good group that will help distract you if you're having a bad day on the phones. At the same time, they're also really competitive, which might work for some people as a good motivator for making more sales.

Cons

The job itself is pretty tough. I took the job not because I want to advance my career in sales, but because I needed a steady income while pursuing other things. So, I might not be the best candidate FOR a sales environment. It definitely requires persistence and being able to shake off those slow days where you're not speaking to anyone on the phones. Sometimes, that's easier said than done. So, there's definitely been days where I've gone home thoroughly exhausted. But I suppose, that's not entirely Foley's fault as much as the job itself. The only other small issue I've had is the inconsistency is reprimanding people for taking breaks. Sometimes, when you're having voicemail after voicemail, it's kind of good to be able to walk away from your desk for 5-10 min and get your mind off things, and usually that's allowed. But every once in a while, the supervisors become very strict about the two break policy and that can feel a bit restricting. I understand their side of it, since we are there to make sales and make money, but sometimes I just need to be able to step away.

Advice to Management

I think you guys do a great job making Foley a fun place to work. I like that you always try to create a competitive environment with the sales contests and such, but also give us time to relax with events like Foley First Thursday etc. I would like to see a little more concrete goals set up for how you can move up ladder of the sales teams, because sometimes it can feel a little arbitrary.

Dont get trapped by this company just one word Horrible

Former Employee - Operations Compliance Consultant in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Operations Compliance Consultant in Hartford, CT

I worked at Foley Carrier Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Okay benefits and great training program for new hires, that’s all I will say good about this place.

Cons

Horrible, place and a horrible company to work for. There are no rules no procedures. It has a 3.5 ratings in glassdoor, ha ha not even worth it. Believe me the mangers or few members creates multiple ids, accounts and gives a five star rating. These people can give 5 star ratings but it will never be a fortune 500 company never ever. Don't fall for this, unless you are desperate or in need for a job. I do not recommend anyone joining this company no future. It's all a game and absolute waste of time. People don’t work here just loves to gossip. So beware and stay out of it. I left this company 3 years back and I still get nightmares, so just imagine how bad this place is. Full of low IQ people working here and they think they know it all, so just Beware, they can turn you down for good and will humiliate in front of everyone.

Advice to Management

Structure your company, be more strict with juniors and dont let them ruin the enviroment.

5. consultant

Current Employee - Compliance Consultant in Hartford, CT

Pros

Positive environment and hardworking ppl in dept

Cons

Too many cold calls and the company lacks growth for individuals

Advice to Management

Be real in the interview

Great Starter Job

I have been working at Foley Carrier Services full-time

Pros

Open office plan. Management is approachable and open minded. Extensive training program. Flexible scheduling option. Pay For Performance increases based on 6 month goal-oriented evaluation. Incentive Compensation plan. First Thursday cocktail and social hour.

Cons

Benefit package was much better before we were purchased by BirdDog Solutions. They have tried every year since to find something out please the masses, but consistently fall short. Also, there is a very clear disconnect between our Hartford, CT and Andover, MA offices.

Advice to Management

Continue your efforts to bring consistency throughout the office. Increase communication between locations. Increase training in Sales department. Faster computers.

Helping Hands

Former Employee - Compliance Sales Rookies
    Former Employee - Compliance Sales Rookies

I worked at Foley Carrier Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My boss encouraged us if we have good or bad news to report, to post it on here. He asked for unbiased reviews. We get to be anonymous and can post the what we like and don’t. That made me want to be able to voice up. I’m newer to the company and work in sales. This is my first job outside of college jobs and so far so good. The pros that I’ve had a chance to witness first hand in my time with the company are *Pay – the pay schedule is rewarding. I thought the idea of base and commission would be scary end up working like some of those folks who stand around a car dealership and make next to nothing for a full days work. It aint like that here. It’s a sales job. Your paid to sell. Your trained to sell. You will end up selling. *Management – in the time I’ve been with foley I’ve worked with three of the managers. Two for other sales departments and my own boss. All three helped me become comfortable doing what I’m doing. My boss in particular works with the rookie team and I have nothing but good things to say about him. He stepped in to personally help me with training when I was struggling. This being my first job, he stepped up and helped me not only feel welcome into the mix, but is teaching me how to sell for the first time without overwhelming me. He’s a character, but of all the management he seems the most commited to our team. Others on the team tell me he’s one of the true blue here and will run through walls for ya. I’ve seen this first hand and I’m glad this guy is my boss.

Cons

*Training – my issue at this point was the initial training. First week is all in the classroom which I was syched for. I thought Id kind of pick up where I left off in school and learn something new. The trainer was nice don’t get me wrong but seemed like she was seeing the material for the first time too. She red off the ppt slides a lot. She did review with me after. My biggest opportunity for learning was with the three managers taking me under there wing and working with me. That helped give me the boost to get me going. Not meant to insult anyone, but if I wish these three were my trainers instead.

Advice to Management

Less advice and more thank yous im not here to tell anyone how to do there jobs. My boss so far has been there for me every step of the way and cares. I went from being nervous about this to feeling like I can do it.

Worst company ever!!

I worked at Foley Carrier Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees are great to work with.

Cons

Management is worthless. Most of the time they sit around and chat with their friends and get no work done. Once someone notices they are talking too long at one desk, the few of them move to another desk to continue their little conversations. The amount of disrespect they have for their employees is disgusting! If you don't fit in to their little group of favorites you are either fired or made so uncomfortable people quit. I wasn't there long. But it was too long for my peace of mind!

Advice to Management

Clean house! Get rid of managers who can't do the work themselves. Get rid of the managers who prefer to chat all day instead of teaching and encouraging their employees.

Good Place To Work.

I have been working at Foley Carrier Services full-time

Pros

I like working here. We do a lot of team building and fun stuff as well as working hard. Pay is better than most people I know. Cool building.

Cons

Most of the managers are good, but there are a couple of older ones who like to give you a hard time

Advice to Management

Do more of the positive stuff, keep the bad managers away

Compliance Specialist

Current Employee - Compliance Consultant in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Foley Carrier Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, management structure is well put together, learning and training is key to provide best information to clients, great support by whole staff

Cons

Processes change with programs and compensation and sometimes people may have a different idea from the truth

Advice to Management

Refresher courses for sales staff to clarify any contradicting info

Approachable management, Diversity of projects, Fun company culture

Pros

I started working at Foley a few months ago. I have enjoyed meeting and working with my team members, as well as other Foley employees across departments. The company culture is extremely positive and vibrant. Events are organized on a weekly basis in order for us to remember how important it is to get to know each other on a personal level, as well as a professional level. Whether you run into a C-level executive in the hallway or a competitive salesperson at the Keurig, you can expect to be greeted with a warm smile and a friendly 'hello.' It truly feels like a Foley family.

Cons

At this time, I can't think of any cons.

RSS Feed </> Embed