Foley Carrier Services Reviews

23 reviews filtered by
3.3
Joel L. Sitak

1. Featured Review

Great job in a growing company

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Foley Carrier Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I'm in sales and make more money than my friends. I received training and appreciate getting good sales leads. Our manager expects a lot from us but is fair and genuinely interested in my development. I started in an entry level position and within my first year have advanced two positions. Good work environment with a cool office. Ping pong and fooseball in the cafeteria. Managers keep me informed in the monthly employee meeting.

Cons

Can't think of much. Maybe more days off.

Slow down the pace of change. At times its too fast to digest.

2. Approachable management, Diversity of projects, Fun company culture

I have been working at Foley Carrier Services

Pros

I started working at Foley a few months ago. I have enjoyed meeting and working with my team members, as well as other Foley employees across departments.

The company culture is extremely positive and vibrant. Events are organized on a weekly basis in order for us to remember how important it is to get to know each other on a personal level, as well as a professional level.

Whether you run into a C-level executive in the hallway or a competitive salesperson at the Keurig, you can expect to be greeted with a warm smile and a friendly 'hello.'

It truly feels like a Foley family.

Cons

At this time, I can't think of any cons.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Rookie Conpliance Sales
    Current Employee - Rookie Conpliance Sales

I have been working at Foley Carrier Services

Pros

My supervisor told me about glassdoor in a huddle recently and said good or bad thia is a place to have your voice heard. Here goes! Alot of good stuff here at foley. My superviaor works with me weveral tumes a week to help me sell better and its workin. Hes approachable and activle in helping get me up to the nedt salee team. Pay is straight. Out of college my first job and im earning more than friends who work in the insurance business. Dont have benefits tjrew the co but i hear their ok. All in all enjoy what i do.

Cons

Snowy weather has cost me some hours but its new england and the company closed to keep the emoliyees safe so i cant really coplain. Otherwise its good.

Supervisor... thank you for helping me. You show u want to really help me. All manigers ahoukd be like this.

5. Took a Chance on Me

Former Employee - Compliance Consultant in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Compliance Consultant in Hartford, CT

I worked at Foley Carrier Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wat can I say these guys took a chance on me and they were good to me. I was hired into compliance sales and made good money doing it. Pay is straight,heavey on the comishion side but its' a sales gig and meant to be that way. you earn based on what you put in. Director of sales was good to me. Manager who helped me get in the veteran group was great, hes out there but he geuiwinely cared about helping me and went of of his way to do so.

Cons

commute was too much for me thats why i left but over everything a legit company

i have nothing bad to saw about either of my two bosses from when i was there. they both had their own styles and it worked.

This Company? Beware of Sweet Poison!

Former Employee - Data Entry in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Hartford, CT

I worked at Foley Carrier Services

Pros

They have a very great Cafe! :D

Cons

This is not a place you would want to work for the rest of you life; maybe a few months, but no longer than a year. The workers at this company are unprofessional, inconsiderate, unfriendly, and rude! This company profiles hires and show favoritism. They lure you in as bait with a smile will suddenly change moods on you out of the blue without you having done anything wrong. No matter how neat you dress, how well groomed you are, if you do not meet up to "physically" what they expect, you will not go far; their application ask whether you are "attractive" or not...why does that matter? If you are buff, naturally tough looking (not that you carry yourself intentionally in any manner, or irritated by any means), they will not favor you. On a normal day, you walk into the facility (as a new worker), say hello to whomever you see, they will smirk, frown, turn their heads, and twist their face at you instantly, but will say hello to those they find a strange liking. "Don't judge a book by its cover"; unless someone "says" or "does" something that makes evidence of a problem do not make assumptions. I was hired along with another hire that naturally they've grown to like....because the hire had a friend that already worked there, and the hires lovers' friend worked there too. In this company, no matter how much you greet anyone, they will dislike you. It is not a comfortable environment. They make work policies that workers do not follow. I've seen workers sleeping on the job, slouching on couches (not while on break), making racial jokes to each other, talking to non-clients on work phones (their friends), and most importantly Gossip about other employees. I was a Data Entry Flex Team Member; they set unrealistic quotas(while showing pity on those they like). You will receive scanned application documents from applicants who cannot write legibly, half-fill an application, forget to send forms, incorrectly fill a form, and they expect you to retrieve and correct all information on their applications and input all of it into a "Supremely Slow" program that they dont care to fix. I was terminated because they did not like my work pace, though they do not care to rethink the quotas they are setting for workers, new hires at that. The training is very vague; more of a sit down, follow the paper, go, and don't ask questions. This is no rant, just informing those who are interested before they make their decision. You do not want something bad on your resume because of a company that does not operate courteously.

Everyone is Human, People Make Mistakes, We Learn by Questioning, Do not judge a book by its cover, No Favoritism, Stick to policy do not lie, be Socially Equal

Foley Carrier Services Response

Mar 20, 2015Marketing Writer

Thank you for providing your feedback, we regularly read and respond to reviews on GlassDoor as a means to improve our workplace environment and look for any area that we are not meeting our ... More

A Place to Grow and Build a Career

Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Foley Carrier Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A work environment where you really get back what you put in, with opportunities for growth and career advancement. It is the people at the company that make it worth working for. The CEO is personable, accessible, and knows everyone by name, and management is never more than an arms distance away to help resolve any issues. Your job actually DOES matter to these companies, as you help them stay in service and build a successful DOT regulated company. Commission bonuses are being implemented to further motivate employees to reach sales goals.

Cons

You cold call truckers and trucking companies to provide their required compliance programs. Sometimes it is very frustrating trying to explain requirements to people who aren't exactly the brightest, and the market is saturated with less than ethical business who lie to and scam potential clients, giving most compliance companies a "bad reputation". The attendance policy is questionable. Pay compensation is also slightly on the low end, but there is potential for competitive earning. Health benefits are decent, but still need improvement. Compensation is okay, but can certainly be improved.

Transparency is key, and you need to build the trust of your employees. This is something the company appears to be making great strides to do after some rather disappointing events that took place at the start of 2014. Be honest with your employees, and keep expectations realistic.

8. For hardworkers only!

Current Employee - Supervisor in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Foley Carrier Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I'm pretty bottom line - If you want to come to work, work hard and get paid/recognized for it, this is the right place. If you're worried about it potentially being a bad place, the facts and your experience will tell the truth.

I came on board Jan, 2013, no true sales experience definitely no Compliance experience. The training program was still in development and I still felt that they equipped me with what was necessary for the job. I worked next to some of the poor reviewers on this blog. It's tough when your not willing to give, but expect a lot in return.

I advanced 1 level in sales before being moved to a longer sales cycle product which was a better fit for my style. While in that department a co-worker was promoted to my supervisor.
    After 1 1/2 years of sales I applied for an availability in the supervisory team and earned the promotion. Since then another salesperson has been promoted to supervisor.

The last 6 months of working closely with the sales leadership, operations leadership, IT and CEO has been enlightening. Every company has its growing pains and thats mostly what '13&'14 were. We have hit our grove. Everyone is firing on all cylinders and the place feels alive.

5 top salesperson monthly bonuses
    quota achievement bonuses
    base pay will pay the rent
    commission is uncapped
    training is ongoing

More opportunities in the near future for those who want it.

Cons

Not a good 'just get by' job.
    I pulled a back muscle playing fusbol last month?
    A lot to learn and a lot is expected.
    Competitors have creative ethics.
    Are not fully staffed for marketing, sales or operations.

Bring in quality people only, and bring in a lot of them.
    Keep staying engaged in day to day activity.

9. Foley Services

Current Employee - Compliance Consultant in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Compliance Consultant in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Foley Carrier Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pros of working for Foley are numerous. To list a few the company provides a great atmosphere, good compensation, good benefits, energetic management team, proper training and more.

Cons

The only "con" to the job is it is a challenging job and is not meant for everyone. It takes a motivated person that appreciates a challenge and dealing with all types of people.

Unpleasant experience within the customer service representative position

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hartford, CT

I worked at Foley Carrier Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Customer service reps were very kind and helpful

Cons

Customer service and training managers/higher ups like to play high school bully and try to intimidate you. They also pick favorites, but, that's corporate America for you.

1) Actually advise potential employees, during their interviews, that you are giving them three weeks of mediocre training and then throwing them on the phones to assist customers.

2) Take the time to properly reteach the entire customer service rep staff. When shadowing, it was discovered that most (if not all) of the seasoned reps were still in the dark about so much. How on earth do you expect your reps to successfully assist your customers when most of them still need more training because they didn't receive proper training when they were hired.

Foley Carrier Services Response

Jan 12, 2015Marketing Writer

Thank you for voicing your concerns, we are sorry that you did not enjoy your time at Foley Carrier Services.

We strive to build an effective and efficient training program and have received
    ... More

11. Built My Own Career

I have been working at Foley Carrier Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Foley gave me the opportunity to build my own career. I started here several years ago at an entry-level position and have worked up to a middle-management position. Foley has provided the opportunities and the training that I have needed along the way. I've also received regular increases in salary to go with my added responsibilities.

Cons

The company has had issues with hiring. We've had problems with people who don't want to work over the past couple of years (Its a job, you need to work at least 40 hours a week), that's made it harder to hit our goals.

Improve hiring and training to screen out the time wasters.

Foley Carrier Services Photos