Food Lion

www.foodlion.com

Food Lion Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Beth Newlands

Pros
  • flexible hours with reasonable responsibilities and pay equal to level of work i am doing (in 20 reviews)

• Co-workers are usually friendly and easy to work with (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • You needed to have full time hours but expected you to get everything done in a lot less hours (in 25 reviews)

• Although there are some benefits offered for part-time workers, these benefits could be better (in 25 reviews)

More Highlights
26 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Current job

Delhi Associate (Current Employee) Wingate, NC

ProsEnjoy my job and coworkers,

ConsI do not get enough hours to make my bills and have insurance.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your word to your employees

So so

Bakery and Deli Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsPay ok, schedule ok, work was very easy

ConsMAnagement, drama all the time, people who act superior even when they are not

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat associates with more respect

Grocery Sales a Manager

Grocery Sales Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGood job for getting experience. You will learn to be consistent, focused, dependable, and trustworthy.

ConsScheduling will be horrible because you are lowest and all events will effect you. Vacations and requests are a hassles if you have many and do not expect anything to be consistent. Employee turnover high, moral low, pay low and increases slow, and employee absenteeism high. The job is not for married or career minded people over the long term because the random second shift will make work balance difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany should allow all associates to purchase stock in the company. Most can not put and retirement money in their stocks. Please get your money on the way in the door because expect 1 % on the average.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just a Job

Cashier (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsCo-workers, time off, just a job, nothing to take seriously, customers sometimes fun to talk to.

ConsNo compensation at all, micro management company, work hard with no appreciation, favoritism, buddy management team, immature managers, insinsitive to others real life situations.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because we are only lowly employees, we are not your personal slaves or servant. We are people too, and would like to be treated as though we matter, even though we know we don't. Working here has very little to do with the real world.

HBA Clerk

HBC Clerk (Former Employee) Rock Hill, SC

ProsWork mostly alone, and feel happy being responsible with multiple areas in the store. Fairly good hours during the morning-afternoon. Learned multiple different things involving the store in this position

ConsDid not receive as much money as job was worth. You needed to have full time hours but expected you to get everything done in a lot less hours

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people and their needs, especially if they are very hard working and devoted to their time. Push for better pay. Without positions like this, you wouldn't have any product, in a great clean environment for customers to shop in! Treat your people like they matter. Things that look great on paper are not always practical.

work at another chain

DSD Receiver (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosyou get real life experiences

Consmanagement do not work with you if you are trying to better yourself, they make it hard if they think you make to much money and cut your hours down to nothing. if you call HR they will inform your manager about what was discussed and retaliation is given. men are given more respect and get all the hours. men are hired in off the street even if there is a woman in the store that is capable of doing the same job. management stick together no mater what the situation is. this company does not take care of their employees...

Advice to Senior Managementget a degree and stop being Chauvinistic.

My overall experience was good but could have been better.

Cashier (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsI get to help customers, and make sure they leave satisfied.

ConsI did not get enough hours.

Dissatisfied

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lincolnton, NC

ProsThe hours were okay because it allowed me to go to school and work at the same time. I had a lot of time to learn by self training.

ConsThe place did not follow guidelines in their work policy. Management and employee's were undertrained, making customers have a bad experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse mystery shoppers and employee's from others store locations because I saw a lot of dishonest employees break company policy. I reported it to management and he himself did nothing about it.

You get what you put in

Meat Cutter (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat co workers, Managers are great and easy to work with,

ConsUpper management can really make the experience bad. Things change quite frequently

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees with respect. And don't approach people with a condescending attitude.

Produce

Produce (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat Work Flexibility...good atmosphere...dept opens 7-7

ConsGets cold in the cooler

Worked for Food Lion? Contribute to the Community!