FoodServiceWarehouse.com Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.4
Madhu Natarajan

1. Great experience so far!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience at FSW has been the best i have had in my career so far. I have worked in multiple industries before coming to this company and decided to join because I believed in the vision and where the company was going. So far, this place has surpassed my expectations. I love the people, the atmosphere and like the independence I have been given in doing my job. For a company moving this fast, I feel pretty informed on what we are doing and where we are going.

Cons

For some, the speed of change might be too much. The company has an extremely high growth rate and is trying to absorb all the changes at once.

Advice to Management

Look at finding people with experience in their field who can help the company as it gets bigger.

2. Lots of opportunity to make a difference

Current Employee - Information Technology in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Centennial, CO

I have been working at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is growing by leaps and bounds. There is a lot of places to contribute and a lot of different areas to explore if you want to learn new things. Great benefits and perks like free coffee, soda, and lunches.

Cons

Both managers and the people around you have varied experience and skill. Depending on the department you are in, the experience can vary.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and take more time in hiring people to join the company.

Customer Service Representative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Englewood, CO

I have been working at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great schedule, good pay.

Cons

They made the mistake of over staffin therefore they had to let go of a lot of employees. I feel like some team leaders pretend to listen but nothing ever gets done.

Advice to Management

Please listen and at least try to change for the better.

"Growing pains"

I have been working at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free soda and Thursday lunch. Co-workers are AWSOME great friends.

Cons

Poor management, high school drama and lies. They create outrageous goals that can't be accomplished. Then if you get close, you get no credit. They are a growing company, but have closed the local warehouse and had several layoffs. Poor management and constant strategy changes keep you guessing how to do your job. Management likes that so they can thrash you at every turn. Don't believe the good reviews, they are not true. If you decide to work here be ready to be a yes man and never offer your opinion to the children in charge as they will take it as criticism.

Advice to Management

Grow up (most are still in their 20's). Get some experience so the company can thrive. Policies would be nice. Beer at work is unprofessional.

You're such a liar

Pros

Its so much fun, some people are nice and others are very highschool and childish. I don't care how long you work there or what have you. It was fun, in some ways rewarding and others...not so much.

Cons

The benefits are nice if your willing to put up with the high school drama. Some people need to be terminated, thats for certain. Majority of which is management. Hate to say it but its true, if you don't know how to do your job, you probably shouldn't be placed there because you're going to run the company into the ground. Sorry I'm not sorry! I wish them the best because i know they'll do great things and they're well on their way to success. They just need to get rid of the bad seeds.

Advice to Management

Don't believe everything you hear. No matter who it comes from, you might want to double check your sources because chances are your little high schoolers are just jealous girls because they can't be you and jealous guys because they can't have you. Simple as that. Best of luck in the future, if you don't toss out the bad seeds...you're gonna need it. :)

7. A place with amazing people and amazing culture.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I have been working at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at a lot of places and FSW is more unique than words can describe. You can feel the energy when you step inside. The people that work here are talented and dedicated to continuing to help it grow and expand. The CEO Madhu is not like any typical management person I have known in my career. He knows many of us on a personal level and has always taken the time to listen to my comments or give me advice on something I was working on. As the company has grown, it has continued to expand the amenities it offers to the people who work here - free food rules!

Cons

The pace is not for everyone - the place has grown by leaps and bounds since I have been here.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate and let us know what is happening. Work hard to keep the culture and the close knit community feel as the company continues to grow.

Decent gig for young, impressionable minds

I worked at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary/benefits Free food THREE MONITORS EACH Good learning experience for recent grads/dropouts

Cons

Their growth pains transformed FSW into a corporate monster, one with more heads than it knows what to do with. Yes, they began as a "start-up" but they sure ain't anymore. The management style is great if you're ready to drink the koolaid and become an FSW soldier, yes sir, no sir...

Advice to Management

Fix your HR department. It's a plastic facade of a team - oh but it matches the furniture!!! Keep those wages nice and high though.

9. Place Of work

Former Employee - Programmer
    Former Employee - Programmer

Pros

great -place to work. very friendly atmosphere

Cons

No cons just a little boring at times

Advice to Management

None

10. Don't pass up an opportunity to work here.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

FSW has a great company culture and I really enjoyed the team that I worked with. I was given a good level of anonymity and ownership to pursue aspects of my position I felt would benefit the company. My department head Jason H was awesome and took the time to listen and communicate with his team. The CEO Madhu was also a really great guy. You can tell he really cares about the people who work for him and makes them a priority. He provides an environment that allows people to own their work, experiment. With him you don't have to be afraid to fail as long as you learn from your failures and improve the next go around.

Cons

The site is massive so implementing anything new was a slow process. They are tied to a number of industry constraints and relationships which don't allow them to be as agile as they could. It sounded like Madhu was in the process of releasing themselves from some of those bonds around the time I left not sure how far it was taken though. Office is located in the Suburbs.

11. Best Place to Work

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time

Pros

FSW is a creative, vibrant place to work full of great people and lots of perks. We get fed by a chef once a week, and are launching a program for the other days to buy healthy chef-prepared lunch options. They love their employees, and everything they do for us shows that.

Cons

We work as hard as we play. If you come to work from us, you realize we live in our own time vortex.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

RSS Feed </> Embed