FoodServiceWarehouse.com

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Madhu Natarajan

1. A place with amazing people and amazing culture.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I have been working at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at a lot of places and FSW is more unique than words can describe. You can feel the energy when you step inside. The people that work here are talented and dedicated to continuing to help it grow and expand. The CEO Madhu is not like any typical management person I have known in my career. He knows many of us on a personal level and has always taken the time to listen to my comments or give me advice on something I was working on. As the company has grown, it has continued to expand the amenities it offers to the people who work here - free food rules!

Cons

The pace is not for everyone - the place has grown by leaps and bounds since I have been here.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate and let us know what is happening. Work hard to keep the culture and the close knit community feel as the company continues to grow.

2. Decent gig for young, impressionable minds

I worked at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary/benefits
    Free food
    THREE MONITORS EACH
    Good learning experience for recent grads/dropouts

Cons

Their growth pains transformed FSW into a corporate monster, one with more heads than it knows what to do with. Yes, they began as a "start-up" but they sure ain't anymore.
    The management style is great if you're ready to drink the koolaid and become an FSW soldier, yes sir, no sir...

Advice to Management

Fix your HR department. It's a plastic facade of a team - oh but it matches the furniture!!! Keep those wages nice and high though.

3. Place Of work

Former Employee - Programmer
    Former Employee - Programmer

I worked at FoodServiceWarehouse.com

Pros

great -place to work.
    very friendly atmosphere

Cons

No cons just a little boring at times

Advice to Management

None

5. Don't pass up an opportunity to work here.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

FSW has a great company culture and I really enjoyed the team that I worked with. I was given a good level of anonymity and ownership to pursue aspects of my position I felt would benefit the company. My department head Jason H was awesome and took the time to listen and communicate with his team.

The CEO Madhu was also a really great guy. You can tell he really cares about the people who work for him and makes them a priority. He provides an environment that allows people to own their work, experiment. With him you don't have to be afraid to fail as long as you learn from your failures and improve the next go around.

Cons

The site is massive so implementing anything new was a slow process. They are tied to a number of industry constraints and relationships which don't allow them to be as agile as they could. It sounded like Madhu was in the process of releasing themselves from some of those bonds around the time I left not sure how far it was taken though.

Office is located in the Suburbs.

6. A place I will work for as long as they will have me.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I have been working at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Been at the company for 3+ years and have watched it evolve and grow. The company has stuck by me through tough times in my life when they didn't have to. I work with a great set of people who are passionate about what they do and have seen multiple people move up and through the organization through the vast amounts of opportunity due to growth.

Cons

Lots of new people - hard to know all the new people and what they do.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating and letting us know what is going on. Keep your foot on the gas and make this place bigger and better!

7. Best Place to Work

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time

Pros

FSW is a creative, vibrant place to work full of great people and lots of perks. We get fed by a chef once a week, and are launching a program for the other days to buy healthy chef-prepared lunch options.

They love their employees, and everything they do for us shows that.

Cons

We work as hard as we play. If you come to work from us, you realize we live in our own time vortex.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

8. I love working here!

I have been working at FoodServiceWarehouse.com

Pros

Beautiful office, awesome people, huge benefits!

Cons

Sorta low salary wise, but not for everyone

9. Awesome company that allows you to grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Joining a group of talented and smart people who are driven.
    Great offices with a focus on collaboration.
    Exposure to lots of different jobs and skill sets in a short period of time.
    Ability to contribute and make an impact inside of the organization.

Cons

Lots of new people being hired. Company has grown quickly and moved away from the small company feel.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate. Keep communicating and telling people where the company is going and how it is changing.

10. Terrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at FoodServiceWarehouse.com

Pros

I liked the people in general, but the company and management does not care if you exist because you are expendable.

Cons

I feel degraded and humiliated by this company...everything you say will be misconstrued and you will feel like there is something genuinely wrong with you. If you expect anyone in HR to be friendly, think again...

11. Very disappointing experience

Former Employee - Finance in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Finance in Englewood, CO

I worked at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time

Pros

In my opinion the only pro for me was the mere fact that I was employed...Company does not hold up to it's promises.

Cons

Unfortunately, my experience with FoodServiceWarehouse.com was extremely disappointing. The training is minimal (one day) and the office is very loud and unprofessional. Finance department is situated in open cubicle's, next to individuals that use profanity and speak very loud to engage casual conversation to individuals across other cubicle's. Compensation is also poor for the amount of work that is expected. HR was none existent when I made attempts to speak to them about private matters. Certainly would not recommend this company due to lack of professionalism, low compensation and lack of HR availability.

Advice to Management

The message that was conveyed to new hires by HR on the first day was- "Speak up, take charge and drive positive changes by being supportive and confident." Sadly enough when I "spoke up" about a positive change, I was ignored, bullied by my own boss, spoken to in a rude manner by HR and eventually laid off.

RSS Feed </> Embed