FoodServiceWarehouse.com

Updated October 13, 2014
Updated October 13, 2014
3.2

Madhu Natarajan

Working here fundamentally changed my life.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Denver, CO

I have been working at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The managers here do everything they can to help facilitate the work/life balances of their employees. The flexibility that has been shown to me has been invaluable as I've started my career here. The insurance benefits have blown me away. Ain't no company Christmas party like an FSW Christmas party, too!!

The opportunities to grow here have also been increasing here recently; I've never known a company to basically create positions that fit the strengths of their employees, but it's what we do here and I think it's fantastic. The managers support new hires/transfers extremely well and provide excellent training resources to inbound people.

We just moved into a new office, also, that was custom designed for us; the amenities provided at the new location are outstanding and working in this sort of environment isn't something I thought would ever be possible for me personally, from the building to the people. Being immersed in a group of intelligent coworkers also encourages the best work from the collective; the "work hard, play hard" adage definitely applies here, but it's also a decently laid back place in the typical day to day.

Upper management is typically pretty busy, but I've still had 2 coffee dates with our CEO and typically am able to get a hold of the managers when it's needed. While responsible for the high level workings of the company, the management team still makes an effort to enrich and teach those that work for them. Knowledge sharing is crucial here and I feel that the employees working under management are well informed about what's going on within FSW but also the changing landscape of food service and the implications of that on us.

Cons

For some of the reasons stated above I'd say that it can be intimidating to work here at times. If you're the self-learner type, getting your bearings and feeling comfortable with your team and manager isn't difficult, but if you're looking for a job with a lot of structure and definition I wouldn't say this is it. There aren't a whole lot of policies I've run across pertaining to disciplinary actions and when they're necessary, which makes communication with your manager absolutely key.

As the company continues to grow with the scary rate we've seen recently, try not to lose the quirks that we have made culture.

Great place to work

I have been working at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time

Pros

Lot's of Pros: Great compensation, great hours (closed on the weekends and after 6pm), great benefits, great people, quarterly company meetings & employee reviews and lots of opportunity. This company has grown in every department since I've started and new departments have even been created in the little time that I've been here. This place challenges me and I like that. I like that I'm not micro-managed. I know what my goals are and I push myself to hit them and am recognized for my efforts. --- On another note... Soda machines (free soda) in the break room for those that love soda, which is a great plus. Lots of company events compared to what I'm used to... happy hours, Rockies games, Nuggets games, Dave & Busters, go cart racing.. fun times. Christmas is amazing. Bonuses, gifts for employees and family - crazy how much you see the company do for employees during the holiday season.

Cons

1) If you're an hourly employee and OT isn't approved, it's a pain to clock watch to make sure you don't go into OT when all you want to do is finish up what you're working on 2) This is a fast paced environment, so if you have to triple check everything that you do, this isn't the place for you. A good balance between quality and quantity is important here. You've got to think fast and move fast because there's always another task/project to move onto. 3) If your very black and white and need documented processes and procedures for everything, there are few positions that might fit you. Here there are many positions where you are challenged to think outside of the box, which is something that I personally like.. but some people like a more controlled environment.

I know things change fast, but for those that need documentation you should try to make a better effort to document certain processes and procedures.. might help with training new employees. Also... job shadowing would be a great initiative to see.

Great culture, hard-working people, and supportive management!

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company has a vibrant, youthful culture, and a staff that believes in the vision of the company and the CEO. Everyone is hard-working, but has a lot of fun!

Cons

Low starting wage, but they expect you to advance quickly with this growing company - so there's plenty of opportunity.

Continue the one-on-one weekly meetings, the supportive attitude, and particularly the two-way conversations.

NO GOOD!

Former Employee - Sales in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are NONE! I am thinking any positive review here was completed by FSW executive management, because NO ONE other than executive management actually like it there. If they do, they are 'in' with management. They either like you or not. Walking on eggshells everyday descibes the (awful) culture pretty clearly. This is NOT a place to grow. This is NOT an entrepreneurial company and certainly NO entrepreneurial vision.

Cons

Mmmmm...where to start..... OK, how about the CEO, Madhu...such a fake. Seriously people....please do not consider working here because this guy is poison. This business would FAIL if not for consistent investor stream. What does that point to? That decisions are made without regard to logic. Waste money? That's ok- were covered! Train people add nauseum then fire them? No problem- were covered! Constant BULLSEYE on your back- what kind of professional, visionary culture is THAT?!

Don't lie. Grow up. Here's to karma...and you!

Sales

Former Employee - Sale in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Sale in New Orleans, LA

I worked at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay, great time off

Cons

Horrible people and company to work for.

stop lying

Nightmare On FSW Way...!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Pay...! Great Schedule. .!

Cons

Management is like high school, if your not in your looked down on your job is on the line. The CEO plays it cool but he really is not concerned about what goes on with the front line.

Please don't ever voice your opinion because it will back fire in your face.

I scheduled an appointment to talk to Madhu and Hr. And I knew it was a bad idea because the last person that did it was fired too. I was never late or called in. But I worked hard and was ready to go on to a better position. Instead of promoting me on, they held me back. This place is like a Beverly Hills Prep School.

This place does not like to be challenged what so ever. I worked in customer service! " I have never hated customer service until I worked here"!! If you are not on the companies favorite list be prepared to harassed and talked about. There is all ways whispering going on. That isn't professional.

Stop hiding behind fake smiles and complements and grow up. This place was is a nightmare. Your employees would be happier if you would just listen.

Quantity over Quality

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was hired as entry level when this company first started. I was given the ability to advance quickly if I worked hard enough, which I did. I learned a lot working here and it's helped me a lot during the rest of my career.

Cons

Like I said, I worked hard and quickly rose through the ranks to management. However, when I asked for a management salary, I was quickly demoted and told that my new position didn't warrant a raise. The best part is that the CEO approved my salary, then demoted me and had his manager tell me I wasn't getting a raise. He didn't have the decency to say it to my face.

The CEO, Madhu, is a bully and management are his lackeys. Anyone who can last more than a few years here does it by doing what he wants, when he wants it and not challenging anything he does. Besides the upper level management who has been there from the beginning (again, because they do what the boss says), anyone who reaches a certain level of expertise is demoted or put in a position to fail so that the CEO doesn't have to give any raises.

It's a great place to start out, but don't expect to last long there if you get good enough to be paid a decent wage.

A place for entrepreneurs to soar!

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Still operating as a start up, the absolute best thing about this company is being able to innovate and come up with new channels of business and processes to make company efficiencies. Fast-moving, lots of change and growth. Company culture here is fun, individualism is encouraged.

Cons

Because of rapid change and growth, the company some times moves so fast that company-wide communication becomes a struggle.

Some younger/green staff don't have the necessary experiences to properly lead departments, so there is a learning curve/tuition.

Work hard to communicate company strategies, visions and initiatives to the entire company by strengthening the middle-management team.

Apr 17, 2014Human Resources Manager

Thanks for your feedback! We're definitely working to improve the areas you identified and hope that you will continue to enjoy and grow with our company!

Great place to work if you are a brown-noser!

Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Seemed like a great opportunity and started off strong. Loved the people I worked with...mostly.

Cons

They hire & fire people on a whim! They say one thing and do another! The CEO is a pompous ass! It felt like being in High School all over again. The cliques. Upper management mostly seemed like a a bad impersonation of being in the movie "Mean Girls"...and they were all guys! An absolute joke!

When you expect loyalty from your employees, you should try showing it as well.

Feb 3, 2014Human Resources Manager

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. On behalf of FSW, I apologize that this has been your experience working with us and appreciate the opportunity to further improve our company.
    We take hiring and
    ... More

Awesome!

I have been working at FoodServiceWarehouse.com full-time

Pros

Lots of diverse job opportunities, in terms of moving up and moving to other departments.

You will learn a lot in a short amount of time, very motivated staff.

Very tech & team driven

Full of young and intelligent people. Exposure to a variety of industries and expertise.

The pace is fast, the environment is employee friendly and individuals are given the chance to make decisions.

Cons

Being a relatively new company, procedures are not always where they should be but getting there.

Apr 17, 2014Human Resources Manager

Thanks for your comments! We're glad you're enjoying it and hope you continue to recommend and grow with FSW :)

FoodServiceWarehouse.com Photos