Foot Levelers Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.2
Kent Greenawalt

1. Good stepping stone for your next job...

Former Employee - Call Center/Sales in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Call Center/Sales in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Foot Levelers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good training, the job is an excellent stepping stone to advance your career where you can actually grow and be compensated fairly.

I really appreciated my time there and built some relationships and skills that I will be able to carry with me the rest of my career. Without Foot Levelers I would not be where I am today.

Cons

If the money isn't in the big man's bank account at year end, there will probably be layoffs. Idea's aren't always welcome, you are pushed to follow the status quo and not break the mold.

Advice to Management

If you're looking to grow the business and take to the next, invest more in the infrastructure and technology and spend less time trying to make sure 'The Family' is taken care of. The rewards long term won't be as great if that model is followed. Anyone who works at Foot Levelers knows what 'within the family' means...the most qualified people for the job aren't always given the looks they should. The VP/President playing computer games all day is very common, I'm sure that time can be better spent doing something else.

Awful!

I worked at Foot Levelers full-time

Pros

Non-management staff are great. Miss the people there.

Cons

Upper management is very fake! Claims to care about employees, but they don't act like it. Lie about how much they contribute to benefits. Stay away!

Advice to Management

Grow up and stop lying to employees!

3. disrespectful company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Foot Levelers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The founder of footlevelers was a great guy. I looked up to him I wish the employees there would have learned something from him. half of them have no clue who he is yet alone understand what he done. R.I.P Dr. Monte Greenawalt even tho I am no longer with your company I hope things keep moving along for your son which i never got the pleasure to meet.

Cons

I was fired from footlevelers on 10/6/2014 I showed up everyday on time. worked my butt off for these people and they fire me for some court dates i had prior to employment I was planning on giving years of good service to footlevelers but its there loss. they tried to tell me it was cause of a safety issue on my second day when i didnt even know anything yet so i know it was cause of those traffic tickets not worth trying to go to footlevelers one little mistake and your fired no explanation or anything. i started on the 29th and was let go on the 6th and my last job I was with them for over 2 years so let that explain itself.

Advice to Management

you lost a young reliable worker just because someone gets some traffic tickets doesnt mean you need to fire them no warning or anything

This could be a great company to work for if it went public.

Former Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Foot Levelers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good front line people to work with, Hard working, dependable, and folks who care about the company.

Cons

Senior Management. Their way are the highway. This could be a great company to work for if senior management would get out of their own way.

Advice to Management

Let the people you hire do their jobs.

You'll only be "OK" at best

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Foot Levelers

Pros

onsite GYM, XMAS $ gift, company trip every 5yrs, management average 10-20% Qt bonuses

Cons

Fast pace got to have it NOW management, 55-60hrs are never enough, culture is depressing, high turnover, 2-3yr average tenure

Advice to Management

Stop vying for department sunshine & focus on company goal as a Team, say "Thank You" once in a while

7. It was a wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Foot Levelers

Pros

Benefits, job satisfaction, clients easy to work with

Cons

Atmosphere changed when sales went down, and people started disapearing

Advice to Management

Higher management to have a better oversee of lower management

RSS Feed </> Embed