Foot Locker

Foot Locker Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Foot Locker Chairman, President, and CEO Kenneth C. (Ken) Hicks

Kenneth C. (Ken) Hicks

Pros
  • The best reason to work for Footlocker is the employee discount, and dibs on limited release shoes(in 23 reviews)

• I got to get discount on shoes and enjoyed talking to customers(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours inconsistant expectations between manager(in 21 reviews)

• promotions take forever upper management could care less they don't take care of their employee's(in 14 reviews)

Footlockerî

ProsPeople and the environment and the work life balance

ConsNothing the company is fine as it is

Great Company

ProsEasy job. I learn a lot about the business. Good starter job

ConsIt get boring some sometime. The hours are long especially when it not back to school or a new show come out.

Outstanding

Store Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFirst in flight for mulitiple opportunities always a new adventure and experience

ConsPeople who kiss up and make it worse for the average worker to advance

Advice to Senior ManagementStay on your toes and drive the fine line

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat part time evening hours, commission, training. The company also gives a nice discount and occassional family and friends days.

ConsYou are always on your feet, there are a lot of high school students and it's their first job so you are dealing with some immature teenagers on a daily basis

Foot Locker's gave me the opportunity to flourish and succeed as a unique individual.

PT Sales Associate (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsYou get paid to love shoes and talk to people it doesn't get much better than that.

ConsMeeting your sells goals and pushing yourself to be competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm looking to work as much as I can with regards to my ever-changing Footlocker schedule through the Winter and Summer when I'm not schooling. Nights and early mornings are good time periods for me to work as much as you deem fit, and I do know quite a bit about checking in and running stock.

The company is energetic and constantly looking for ways to grow and improve.

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe company really likes to promote from within. So, if you want to move up the corporate ladder, they will help make it happen.

ConsLow pay, especially compared to other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the employees would do a lot better if so much was not placed on the store manager. They get stuck working 60 hour weeks and everyone else in the store gets their hours cut. Stop cutting hours in stores- especially smaller volume stores where the only person left to work is the store manager.

footlocker

Footlocker (Former Employee) Eastpointe, MI

Proshard not all that good and pay is alright

Conshard irritating very confusing sometimes and very hard somedays

Poor compensation

District Manager In Training (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsRelationships you build with co workers & cuatomers. Exciting product no doubt. Discount is good but you won't always get a discount on some releases

ConsThe pay is horrible. You can make more money managing a McDonald's & for part time associates it is WORSE!!! The commission sucks..1% part time & 2% for Full timers. The company pushes for high performance but the way you are compensated you won't make much more than the poor performers. DMs, RVPs & HR are pathetic, they don't care & act as if YOU should feel blessed to have the job. You basically are giving the company a discount to work there just to get a discount on shoes. If you choose to work at Footlocker, be sure you get into reselling, hooking up clientele & anything else you can think of to hustle money cause they are NOT going to pay you what you are worth.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop fatting your own pockets! The CEO made over 40 million last year while thw avg employee barely makes 8 an hr???? This is a pyramid top heavy company where only those at the top get taken care of while the large portion on bottom get nothing.

it was coo

Prosdiscounts! worked at the mall so got to to talk to a lot of different people.

Consthe cons were the uniforms and the amount of time of breaks

great perks

Stock Associate (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsYou get a 30% discount on all products, easy hours, easy job. shoes sell themselves.

Conssales associates make minimum wage with a 1% commission on whatever you sell. you have to move up if you want to make more money.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you are doing.

Worked for Foot Locker? Contribute to the Community!