Foot Locker

Updated January 28, 2015
3.2

Foot Locker Chairman, President, and CEO Kenneth C. (Ken) Hicks
Kenneth C. (Ken) Hicks

Pros
  • Employee discount up to 50% (two times a year) (in 25 reviews)

• I got to get discount on shoes and enjoyed talking to customers (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours inconsistant expectations between manager (in 20 reviews)

• They will work you as much as possible for minimum wage (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

What a great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Foot Locker

Pros

I work at the call center in Wausau, and have just got to say that I love everything about this job! This place really has their act together - every aspect has had time and thought put into it and everything works together exactly as it should. Circumstances that come up with customers are always treated with honesty and decency. It''s nice to feel like your employer has gone out of their way to not only give your customers quality service and top of the line merchandise, but also to make you feel welcome and valued as an employee. There is always a positive atmosphere, and you never have to be afraid to ask for assistance with something. The friendliness and teamwork here are beyond belief! It was this way when I was here 14 years ago, and has gotten even better with time. A+ in every way, come work here - you'll love it!

Cons

This is the only place I've ever worked where I can't think of a single thing!

Keep on doing what you're doing, it's working well.

Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Foot Locker full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great, fun workplace. Great company discount. Great people and training program. Good experience for people skills, retail environment, stock-keeping, and management skills.

Cons

Very long hours, especially during holiday. Customers that shopped there could be rough, especially with returns, and especially when the store is packed. Shoe releases could be a nightmare. Store-to-store experience varies. Not the greatest opportunity for advancement, and the hourly pay could be better for the position.

Allow more room for growth, from part-time, to management, to corporate.

It was a decent experience, you will get to meet a lot of good people but you will have to endure a lot.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Foot Locker full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It is a great first job. It will teach you hard work and hustle. It is a great place to start a retail career because if you can work here you can work anywhere in retail.

Cons

You will have to put in a lot of hours to make enough money to support yourself. The pay does not equate to the amount of work you

Was an OK company but need better training for employees.

Current Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I have been working at Foot Locker part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Discount worked at Champs, Lady footlocker and kids footlocker.

Cons

Not enough training, focused on sales too much.

Update your systems for everything: Training, selling, customer service.

Does not pay for amount of work

Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Foot Locker full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Love the product, sneakerhead dream, commission sales easy when working release date shoes

Cons

Fair is a foreign word, management sometimes expected/ demanded to work 60-80 hours but only get paid for 40, recognition is seldom, pay is unequal for people at same position doing same job, part-timers make little to nothing so turnover rate is high thus leading to more hours for management, system is completely flawed at corporate level

Pay your associates what they're worth, which will keep your stores staffed, which will cause your managers not to burn out quickly. Pay managers overtime or increase keyholder positions. Stop being so cheap when it comes to payroll & cut back on paper usage

Avoid Unless You're a Teen with A LOT of free time

Former Employee - Cashier in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Edison, NJ

I worked at Foot Locker part-time (more than a year)

Pros

working environment wasn't all that bad. The people that work at foot lockers are very easy going and easy to get a long with

Cons

customers are very demanding and have no problem sending you to the back to get something five times. management isn't all that useful, basically glorified baby sitters and seniority really matters there. A manager that has been there for years is practically untouchable regardless of how rude or unprofessional. They will work you as much as possible for minimum wage. I worked part time and they tried to push me to work just a few hours shy of full time.
    A lot of effort for very little pay.

do not be afraid to hire new people instead of having the few employees there having to work constantly due to a lack of personnel.

Customer service

Former Employee - Stock Associate in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Stock Associate in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Foot Locker part-time (more than a year)

Pros

30%discount on FL industries, see new inventory,

Cons

Some employees don't put enough work and you have to pick up their slack, demanding on sales

Learn to help employees and show them how to properly do the task at hand instead of criticizing in every sentence

Great company!

Former Employee - Cashier in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Foot Locker part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, high energy work environment. A lot of social interaction, and great products. Always something new to do everyday.

Cons

There are Sometimes long hard hours and very busy during holidays. Also obviously have to work weekends. Competitive sales environment, but has supportive management.

Great

Current Employee - Sales Lead in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Lead in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Foot Locker full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Training is good and you can move up and eventually have your own store with hard work

Cons

Being young in management and working with kids that don't understand the values of the store. They don't like to listen to people around the same age.

Continue to work with those who are willing to do more than ring up a customer or stay in a stock room. I was an employee that did everything outside of my description.. Those people are worth having long term in your business

Good first retail Job.

I have been working at Foot Locker

Pros

Great first retail job. Learn retail sales quickly and efficiently with decent sales commission.

Cons

Management was sub-par. Hours were hard to come by and short lunches.

Foot Locker Photos