Footsmart Reviews

Alan Beychok

1. Customer Care Representative

Former Employee - Cusmer Service Representative in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Cusmer Service Representative in Norcross, GA

I worked at Footsmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ability to help people

Cons

When the computer would go down.

Advice to Management

To give more training.

Really bad place to work...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I worked at Footsmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good co-workers. Free lunches because the owner thinks he can buy loyalty and raise morale.

Cons

Turnover is incredibly high and management job security is almost non-existent. The owner is a micro manager that never takes responsibility for his decisions. Ideas/projects are dropped midway through completion in order to take on the next big thing. Company is operated under the corporate name Benchmark Brands, so read those reviews as well.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone who knows how to handle a small/midsize company and can successfully bring it to the next level.

Customer Service Rep

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Footsmart full-time

Pros

Got rid of their ridiculous point system - I understand they plan to bring it back.
    Got rid of requiring us to ask permission to go to the restroom.
    Upper Management has made a lot of improvements but I feel like we are slowly slipping back to how it was.

Cons

Never know when they will decide to do a shift bid or what parameters you will be scored on. This last shift bid the shift selection process was really shady. This is just the tip of the iceberg, there is a lot going on at this company.

Advice to Management

You hired a great Director.. let him do his job, listen to his suggestions!

Do not work here

I have been working at Footsmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like working overtime to make a decent salary then this is the place to be.

Cons

This is the most unorganized place I have ever worked. The supervisors sit around and talk about food, their social lives and movies instead of helping the angry customer that are unsatisfied on the phones. Their answer is to do a print screen and someone will get back to them in 24-48 hours. That usually never happens. No one follows any company policies and you have a help desk that has all the work put on them but can't help. The warehouse sends out wrong shoes, orders to the wrong people, doesn't credit returns and is very hard to get in touch with. This company does not care about their customer. They do not care about employees even thought they buy lunch for them every Thursday before payday, they should put that towards raises once a year, to work all year be told your are an exceptional worker and then get 13 cents as a raise is wrong . All they care about is money they make from the customers.

Advice to Management

Re-structure

Where your career goes to die...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I worked at Footsmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People that aren't in upper management positions are great. Summer hours are nice (until the CEO walks around with a piece of paper fussing and cursing when someone isn't in their chair)

Cons

CEO is a loose cannon. He lacks focus and people skills. The company has a revolving door in HR (TAM as they like to call it). The overall corporate turn is embarrassing. People live in fear of "who's next" when it comes to mass layoffs or "your position has been eliminated" conversations. There is constant restructuring due to employee turn and lack of people to do the job.

Advice to Management

Wake up! The company is falling apart. You've got highly skilled employees who are treated like they are morons. Listen to what they are saying - footsmart (aka benchmark brands) is not a great place to work.

A New Tide Has Rolled In!!!!

I have been working at Footsmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment, Decent Salary, Drama free coworkers: I've worked in this call center for 2yrs. I've worked for other call centers as an agent previously. So I have a little experience with the culture. FOOTSMART was absolutely BANANNAS last year this time. Employees were overworked and underpaid. No one felt valued and it felt like: as long as you made it to work on time, sat in your chair all day (meaning when it was time for your lunch they would ask you to wait and take a few more calls, oh and don’t have to use the restroom; they made you call to ask management for permission to go, just to name a few)...NOW its like a totally different place. They got rid off the upper call center management and brought in a few new folks. I actually like going to work now, It's fun, we have different little contest where we can win extra cash, they bring in food every 2 weeks on the day before payday (they call it tapped out Thursdays and god knows I’m normally tapped out), management seems friendly and helpful, co workers are easy going and the overall atmosphere just feels better.

Cons

I Just hate having to call a supervisor for small things we should be able to handle ourselves.

Advice to Management

GIve us access to the systems we need to assist the customers more efficently. But other than that keep doing what your doing. Thanks for making it better!!!

"So Far So Good"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Footsmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wow! I am so amazed at the changes this company has made to make this an enjoyable place to work.
    Pros:
    *A fun place to work
    *Competitive salary
    *Employees are appreciated
    *Positive call center enviroment
    *Friendly people

I have only been here a short while but I love it so far. I read several horror stories about this job on glass door and was very hesitant about accepting the customer service position but I thought to myself well it will hold me over til I find another one, but to my suprise I actually like the job. I guess I started at the right time!

Cons

30 min lunch but u can take an hour & stay an extra 30mins

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Noticeable improvments in the Call Center.

I have been working at Footsmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'd say the Pros are (since making a leadership transition 4 months ago):
    Better leadership. More focus on agent performance, coaching, monitoring and improvement. Less focus on AHT- more focus on quality and customer satisfaction. No more AARP and Synapse- woo hoo!!! More interactive, friendly, hands-on floor management and leadership. More agent staff so supervisors don't have to take calls in the queue and can focus on agent development. Shorter Call Center hours- went from 7am -1am to 8am -11pm. More free food (Tapped out Thursdays!!)

Cons

Not a whole lot of physical space to grow the Call Center. Agent wages are less than surrounding competitors. More agent staff means less overtime opportunities.

New Management New Environment

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Footsmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for FootSmart for a little over 4 years and I must say that this is a completely new environment to work in. I read previous reviews and they were all true. The conditions here are a lot better since there is new management. Mostly everything has been fixed. We have hot water in the restrooms. They actually do things to make us feel like they appreciate us. They provide us with food every 2 weeks and it seems as if the supervisors are a lot more helpful. They hired more employees so we don't have back to back calls anymore; we can breathe before taking another call. By hiring more folks it made it a lot easier for vacation time to be approved as well. There is no longer mandatory overtime so I can actually spend more time with my kids. This place is turning into an actual work place versus a sweat shop that it was before. Thanks to the new management.

Cons

The pay rate is lowere than most call centers.

Advice to Management

Supervisors have came a long way and I am seeing progress but they need to keep a professional tone at all times when speaking with agents.

11. “Overall a great experience”

I have been working at Footsmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a current FootSmart employee, I can proudly say what a rewarding experience it has been. Amazing, laid back and stress free. Loved it! I have worked for a few other companies, and the management here is top notch. I am so amazed at the changes the company has made to make this an enjoyable place to work.

Cons

Its a job we all just have to make the best of it.

Advice to Management

Great Job with the new changes.

RSS Feed </> Embed