For Eyes Optical Reviews

Updated April 9, 2014
Updated April 9, 2014

2.8

Lisa Wolman

Thank you for giving me a job for over ten years.

Former Employee - Vision Claims Department  in  Hialeah, FL
    Former Employee - Vision Claims Department in Hialeah, FL

I worked at For Eyes Optical full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

well I use to have good resasons, but thru the last 5 years of my employment with this company, this changed for the worst.

Cons

Not enough recognition with employees who have worked for them for many years...

To go back to promoting from within, because those are dedicated employees which over 75% of them have been there over 10-15 years or more.

The patients and customers were the best to serve.

Former Employee - Office Manager/Optometric Tech  in  Gaithersburg, MD
    Former Employee - Office Manager/Optometric Tech in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at For Eyes Optical part-time for more than a year

Pros

The patients and customers were all from a diverse background, I like the interaction I had with them all.

Cons

There is no room to grow within the company.

Optometrist Tech

I worked at For Eyes Optical

Pros

Great working environment, conducting contact lens classes and initial patient testing, great co-workers (doctor and opticians)

Cons

there was nothing negative to report

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Long standing company

Current Employee - Optical Sales
    Current Employee - Optical Sales

I have been working at For Eyes Optical part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

People you work with, some interesting customers, flexible schedules and easy to switch between locations

Cons

Sales can be tough in any industry, they don't take suggestions from employees for sales promotions or feedback on sales techniques.

Listen to your employees in relation to sales promotions and stick up for employees when customers yell and scream to get what they want and still come back (i.e. getting a product for free and refund just for making a fuss)

For Eyes... Just a job

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  North Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in North Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at For Eyes Optical full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Its a paycheck, a small one

Cons

Work with company 7 years now and the top sales. Not a single raise. Was told to sell more. Company in process of loosing all long term employees. Im leaving before they get to me.

Horrible. They were bought out by Luxottica. Went from Aranon corp, to now For Eyes of Coconut Grove. Upper does NOT care who brings in the money...so no support.

Major lack of training in every area!

Former Employee - Optical Sales  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Optical Sales in Atlanta, GA

I worked at For Eyes Optical full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Tight knit group of employees who confided in and help each other survive during management changing debacles which For Eyes seems to think is necessary for growth! Sorry that's the only pro I can think of.

Cons

Pay is low, hours are long (9-10 hours per day). open 7 days. They cut hours in November and December when employees need money the most, no raises in 6 years, sales plan increases even though the economy declines, threats to make plan or get fired are usual and customary, moral is low due to uncertainty of management changes and threats of firing.

Start with intense professional training from the TOP DOWN. Everything rolls downhill and your business is now a reflection of upper management not having standardized training in HR practices, management, communication, optical training, etc . Set up a promotion and monetary reward system to educate and promote from within (duh, look at QT). Raise the pay and be more astute when hiring! And last but not least, hire professional marketers and advertise! You use to have good company values, however went "corporate" too fast without a solid growth plan and now your paying the price!

It is a great family environment

Former Employee - Optical Sales  in  Tucker, GA
    Former Employee - Optical Sales in Tucker, GA

I worked at For Eyes Optical

Pros

I really enjoyed the people that work their, the commission is not that bad, the benefits are really pretty good.

Cons

The pay is low, no raises, impossible to get promoted, the company does not take up for their employees, disgruntled patients, terrible hours.

Have more training for employees, offer reimbursement for certification, have more positions open for promotion, hire more experienced people to fill positions.

FOR EYES SUCKS!

Current Employee - Optical Sales  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Optical Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at For Eyes Optical

Pros

ForEyes is a job, and be thankful for having a job. The job is very relaxed, most of the time you only have to deal with 3 other co-workers. The scheduling is more flexible then most other jobs.

Cons

No career advancement, they do not care about their employees, the pay sucks, and management steals all the commission from the employees! This place is open 7 days a week, which sucks, because on Sunday you go to work and there is no customers coming in , so basically you sit there for nothing. You earn vacation time and if you do not use it up before the end of the year (but you can't use it cause your working 7 days a week) they take all but 5 days from you, and they don't even pay you for it.

Take care of you employees better.

Growing pains

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at For Eyes Optical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, self accountable, quality of life

Cons

relevant information is not shared, no set policy manual, tight with money

My job is ok, I have been here more than 2 years which is better than other optical/dr. offices I have worked at.

Current Employee - Optometric Tech
    Current Employee - Optometric Tech

I have been working at For Eyes Optical

Pros

The dr. I work for is awesome and My optical team is great to work with. Company is good at getting you the time off you need.

Cons

Benefits package is less than par and too expensive for a family to afford. Leadership in corporate is always rotating and decisions are always being made on the fly it seems and it keeps us on our toes and the decisions aren't always "practical" with how each store runs specifically and with the outdated equipment we have to work with.

Please look into the outdated equipment and vamp up our stores so we can become a very very pleasant choice appearance wise to our customers and try to incorporate your changes that benefit the store rather than just corporate themselves.

Worked for For Eyes Optical? Contribute to the Community!