For Rent Media Solutions

Updated October 19, 2014
Updated October 19, 2014
3.8

CEO

Fun job in advertising/real estate

I have been working at For Rent Media Solutions

Pros

Great people, products and services

Cons

Challenging, competitive environment to work in right now.

Keep innovating!

Great way to learn sales, but don't count on much support.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at For Rent Media Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Executives are extremely smart and drive the company forward. The products are easy to sell and desirable to the target audience. The pay was actually pretty good. It's a young, fun company overall. Chance to develop great relationships with clients.

Cons

Middle management (GSMs, Regionals) have no vision and less accountability. They will exploit the sales reps any chance they get and provide virtually no support. It sounds like I have an ax to grind, but I really don't. If you are a talented sales person you will do well despite the management issues.

Executives should continue innovating. It's the reason they've been successful. Middle management should focus on sales enablement and less on self-aggrandizement; sales reps are the reason you have jobs.

Good company to work for. Upper management is very open to suggestions and takes care of good emplyees

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at For Rent Media Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good products to sell and perks like sales contests to earn bonuses and vacations

Cons

Due to all of the admin work like writing agreements, building websites, taking photos and making changes to websites when needed, sending ad proofs to every print client for copy changes every 4 weeks, and meeting with 40 clients to service account every month, only about 20% of time is left to actually sell.

Have a customer service team to build listings and an email address for them to make changes to listings. Have media kits printed and prepared so AE can grab them after meeting as opposed to printing our own using little printers from work that take forever. Have a photographer to take better pics which the comps do. It will also help lthem get better leads Hire managers that have more sales experience and if they never managed before, they really need to be trained on how to handle all of the different personalities

Useful experience

I have been working at For Rent Media Solutions as an intern

Pros

Provided some in the field experience

Cons

Not a lot of structure

Great company, great people!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Iselin, NJ
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Iselin, NJ

I worked at For Rent Media Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For Rent was a great company to work for. It gave me my first taste of office work and I learned so much. Management were always very nice and helpful and I have no complaints about anyone I ever worked with. The company has very good values and cares about the employees and the business. he work hours were great and the atmosphere was very casual and relaxed which helped to make the work experience much more enjoyable.

Cons

Low salary, not much room to advance