For Rent Media Solutions Reviews

1. Marketing Intern

Former Employee - Marketing Intern
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern

I worked at For Rent Media Solutions

Pros

Great experience. I was given many responsibilities and valued as a team member. The company was very welcoming and provided me with incredible resources to accomplish my assignments. Management was very accommodating about scheduled conflicts.

Cons

Would have enjoyed opportunities to work with other departments

2. Horrible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at For Rent Media Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paid downtown parking or city transportation Coworkers are nice and personable No suit and tie, business casual is the norm

Cons

16 hour work days with no compensation, not even a thank you. Management has no goals or direction for the employees When a manager makes a statement it will change, and you will not be notified but will be expected to know about said change. HR will fire you if you complain to them. There is NO open door policy. There is no life-work balance, nor does this company promote it. Managers do have their favorites, it would be easier on you if you knew who they were right away. Gender equality is frowned upon Communication is not key in this company

3. Great culture, average benefits, below average compensation, struggling industry

I worked at For Rent Media Solutions

Pros

If you are looking for a company that treats you like family and rewards top performers with attention and promotions this is the company for you. It is not uncommon for the CEO or President of the company to be on a first name basis with a sales rep, customer service rep or product manager. If you work hard and do well the company prefers to promote from within and has created positions when existing promotions were not available. The company is privately owned and cash strong, layoffs are uncommon and typically happen when it strategically makes sense and not due to poor financial performance. Since the company is cash strong they invest in innovation and often have better products than the market offers with a larger sales force to spread the message. They have a strong marketing team that has unified company branding and messaging which helps with the corporate culture, people here are passionate about the company and their work.

Cons

The trade-off for a great company and culture is lower pay and lesser benefits than you would find elsewhere. The vacation policy is rough, maternity leave is non-existent, and there is no profit sharing program. The industry as a whole is struggling so if you are looking to work on the sales side it is a difficult sell. The CEO and President are strong leaders but much is lacking at the VP and regional level, I wouldn't feel confident that they have the ability or know-how to lead the company to a new growth strategy.

Advice to Management

Great job having strong vision in certain roles (Exec VP, VPIT, President, CEO) but surround yourself with the same level of visionaries at the regional and VP level.

Average Internship

I worked at For Rent Media Solutions

Pros

-I received school credit -Didn't have to do busy work

Cons

-cubicle job -seemed clique-y amongst co-workers

Advice to Management

invite interns to do more meaningful and important work

6. Fun job in advertising/real estate

I have been working at For Rent Media Solutions

Pros

Great people, products and services

Cons

Challenging, competitive environment to work in right now.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating!

Great way to learn sales, but don't count on much support.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at For Rent Media Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Executives are extremely smart and drive the company forward. The products are easy to sell and desirable to the target audience. The pay was actually pretty good. It's a young, fun company overall. Chance to develop great relationships with clients.

Cons

Middle management (GSMs, Regionals) have no vision and less accountability. They will exploit the sales reps any chance they get and provide virtually no support. It sounds like I have an ax to grind, but I really don't. If you are a talented sales person you will do well despite the management issues.

Advice to Management

Executives should continue innovating. It's the reason they've been successful. Middle management should focus on sales enablement and less on self-aggrandizement; sales reps are the reason you have jobs.

Good company to work for. Upper management is very open to suggestions and takes care of good emplyees

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at For Rent Media Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good products to sell and perks like sales contests to earn bonuses and vacations

Cons

Due to all of the admin work like writing agreements, building websites, taking photos and making changes to websites when needed, sending ad proofs to every print client for copy changes every 4 weeks, and meeting with 40 clients to service account every month, only about 20% of time is left to actually sell.

Advice to Management

Have a customer service team to build listings and an email address for them to make changes to listings. Have media kits printed and prepared so AE can grab them after meeting as opposed to printing our own using little printers from work that take forever. Have a photographer to take better pics which the comps do. It will also help lthem get better leads Hire managers that have more sales experience and if they never managed before, they really need to be trained on how to handle all of the different personalities

9. Useful experience

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at For Rent Media Solutions as an intern

Pros

Provided some in the field experience

Cons

Not a lot of structure

10. Great company, great people!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Iselin, NJ
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Iselin, NJ

I worked at For Rent Media Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For Rent was a great company to work for. It gave me my first taste of office work and I learned so much. Management were always very nice and helpful and I have no complaints about anyone I ever worked with. The company has very good values and cares about the employees and the business. he work hours were great and the atmosphere was very casual and relaxed which helped to make the work experience much more enjoyable.

Cons

Low salary, not much room to advance

RSS Feed </> Embed