Force 3
www.force3.com Crofton, MD 150 to 499 Employees

Force 3 Reviews

Updated Apr 30, 2014

Les Trachtman

A great stepping stone into the IT industry.

Systems Engineer (Former Employee)
    Crofton, MD

ProsUnlimited growth potential if you're willing to align with company objectives and develop yourself. Great place to build your network. Exposure to leading technologies.

ConsIf you aren't be utilized on a contract you might be out of job sooner than later.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

A company on-track to great things

ProsI'm floored at the negative feedback on this site. My experience has been very different. Pros: Leadership, development opportunities, flexibility and compensation. Company has shown over and over again that C-suite cares about success of team through development opportunities. Leadership has been put in difficult position of having to make tough decisions regarding direction and staffing due to economic factors and previous leadership decisions. They work hard to align the business to changing trends and are hiring individuals who can direct necessary change.

ConsIt's not always entirely clear what's next and organizational strategy has been a little schizophrenic, though things seem to be tempering.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wouldn't let the feedback on this site discourage your efforts.

Great at First, Disappointing in the end

(Former Employee)

ProsSome really smart people work here. I enjoyed the cookouts and morale type activities. They do put on some impressive events such as christmas parties and silly season (end of fiscal year)

ConsThe salaries are below par for the D.C. Metro Area, at least in the engineering departments. The Management constantly flip-flops and it appears they have little interest in the care and feeding of their employees. Good old boy network exists here. Poor advancement opportunity. Lack of training opportunities. Rapid turnover of employee's.

Advice to Senior ManagementI personally would not recommend this company to anyone by a long shot. The reviews about the CEO/C-Suite caring about people are laughable and sad at the same time. Improve Force 3 by removing the management and replacing them with those who actually care about employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Former Employee at Force 3

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are no Pro's. Did deep as you determine whether to work at this company, the looks and feel of Force 3 is purposefully deceiving to prospective employees.

ConsThis company does not care about people. Senior management should be ashamed of the way they treat people. They have a greater than thou sarcastic approach to management and are not accountable for their actions. Do not work here! You could become the next target of this awful management team. They do not believe in developing resources, they are only interested in their own personal greed.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership team at Force 3 must learn to respect people and learn proper management and human relations skills. Learn to be accountable for your actions.

Happy I Left

(Current Employee)

ProsSome decent people work here, but that's only some key people. They do have some fun activities around the holidays

ConsSalaries are horrible and Management is equally atrocious. Constantly have to deal with dishonest people and broken promises. They are cheap with resources and continually overload their professional services personnel. Training opportunities non-existent unless it's the free training offered by vendors (and on your own time). Travel is non-stop and never lets up.

Advice to Senior Managementhave no idea how this company is still around and in business based on the way they treat employees. There are better companies out there that actually care about their employees instead of running them into the ground and replacing them. It's industry knowledge that you are a rotating chop-shop of people. Instead of worrying about replacing people, how about you worry about keeping them and growing that talent from within?

A big dissapointment

(Former Employee)

ProsI really enjoyed working with most of the people here and the facilities were top notch

ConsLittle direction in management, always seemed like they were changing their minds and company direction was all over the place. Overall leadership and company structure was questionable and disorganized. Management seems to be promoted based on attrition (as are most positions). Communication overall is lacking, which is shocking as most people are fairly personable. Overall lack of career opportunity within the company, unless you are one of the chosen few expect to be doing the same thing you are hired for...forever.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm not really sure on how to fix anything other than to examine your management team and ensure they are trained properly. Force 3 could be a great place to work, but I just dont think all the pieces are there quite yet. You could start by examining the flood of employees that flow in and out the door, they typically leave for a reason.

Company is liking biting into an apple and finding a Lemon

Crofton, MD

ProsThey are recently made Cisco Federal Partner of the year, they have tuition assistance, a decent 401K and many of the other standard benefits that other employers may offer.

Morale activities abound here and there is always something going on.

The company participates in many charity events, things like Toy’s for Tot’s, Golf Tournaments and the like. They have frequent cook outs in the main office, typically taking place on very nice days. They have quarterly parties for employee of the quarter usually with food/beverages, Christmas parties, yearly kickoff party and many more.

They do have sales trips and presidents club trips for top performers, typically to florida or other resort locations.

A very convenient place to work if you live in Ann Arundel or Prince Georges county. There is also another smaller office located in Northern Virginia.

Consthe company is undergoing a transformation but it is not a positive one. This organization is a chaotic three-ring circus.

Constant firings and layoffs, extremely political environment (even for the D.C. area) Nothing is transparent here and it’s very uncomfortable coming to work in the office wondering if something is going to happen to effect your employment regardless of how good you do your job.

Company is extremely sensitive to the volatile federal government

Advice to Senior ManagementI dont trust the management here, from the Directors to the CEO

Ask yourself if the people you promote to manager and/or Director positions are actually qualified to do the job.

There are some talented and good people here who would happily follow the companies goals and direction, provided you actually had one.

Not an great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe workplace is nice and some sales people telecommute which is good. They have special events and parties occasionally

ConsThe management is disconnected from the staff along with constant changes in direction. The amount of firings, layoffs, etc is frightening. The staff turnover is definitely a large issue along with the constant uncertainty of "what's next"

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not all about money and profit, people are a part of the company too

The wheel keeps turning, round and round!

(Former Employee)

ProsFun activities, Great people, training opportunities, location is excellent, occasional service of food during some activities, christmas parties, and others. the rank and file workers overall are fantastic.

ConsLow pay comparable to other resellers, constant turnover of staff, raises few and far between, poor management, constant shuffling of staff between departments, always looking over shoulder for layoffs. Turnover factory that keeps turning and turning so much you'll get dizzy.

Advice to Senior Managementbe willing to pay what everyone else does to retain good talent, realize that other resellers are willing to do what you are not.

Most Unprofessional Place I ever Worked.

Network Engineer (Former Employee)
    Crofton, MD

ProsForce 3 got me a clearance which led me to the awesome company I work for now.

ConsIts like being in high school again. Also, management has no clue what they are doing. Meetings out the yin-yang to talk about the same things over and over again when nothing has changed. They play favorites and gave all the directors new titles and raises after letting all the employees know that they wouldn't be getting raising due to cut backs. More than half the people I started with were terminated before I finally left. The pay is absolutely laughable and they will terminate you if they find out you are looking for employment else where. My advice, stay away from this company, unless you like being belittled and made to feel like no other company would ever higher you. They also say when they hire you that you will get hands on experience but don't be fooled, you will be a paper pusher and sit at your desk all day. Only engineers that have been there for 5+ years actually get put on any of the projects. What a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess 3 hour lunch breaks to play golf. Also, if you want people to work over time and longer hours then they are supposed to work, how about paying them properly?

Worked for Force 3? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Force 3 reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Force 3 CEO Les Trachtman . All 32 reviews posted anonymously by Force 3 employees.