Ford Motor

Ford Motor Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Ford Motor President & CEO Mark Fields

Mark Fields

Pros
  • a lot of flexibility in the field (they like to call it "work-life balance")(in 73 reviews)

• The pay and benefits are competitive(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes women are given a hard time when they take maternity leave, or try to utilize the work-life balance policy(in 20 reviews)

• You've got to be willing to work long hours at a hard job(in 33 reviews)

Needs culture change

Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) Dearborn, MI

ProsGood pay, benefits and great people for the most part. Very challenging industry. All employees are very committed to embracing the Ford family and their vision for the company. A great corporate citizen.

ConsConstantly requiring relocation if you want to advance and be promoted. On average I have had to relocate every 18 to 24 months. The relocation package is not competitive and employees have to bear a lot of the expense. Promotions seem to be based on managing up and not based on merit. Pretty boys and girls seem to get ahead even when they don't do their jobs well. It's all about the politics. You definitely need a "sponsor" to advanced. The company is not really interested in what you want to do or not do in relation to your career and family life.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to dramatically change the culture if they want the younger generation to be interested in a career here. Move some operations out of Michigan as it puts the company at a disadvantage because people don't want to live in metro Detroit unless you are from there. This is a major hurdle in attracting top tier new talent.

Great

Sales Zone Manager (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsFriendly coworkers, fun and competitive culture.

Conslong hours during some weeks

Advice to Senior Managementmore open office environment

auto industry woes

Prosgood people that want to do the right thing, for the most part

Consoutdated systems, processes, very political, difficult to get the job done as you have so many pre-reviews before actually sharing anything with leadership, outdated model of assessing and developing talent

Advice to Senior Managementmost into the 21st century and update systems, process, and employee development programs

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Senior Leadership...Poor First Line Leadership

IT Project Manager (Former Employee) Dearborn, MI

ProsSenior Leadership is some of the best there is.

ConsFirst line leaders seems to have a collective chip on their shoulder. Interaction at the first level is all across the board. The last one I worked with had the management skills of the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. Sadly her manager didn't have a clue how she treated people.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure all employees are treated with respect and dignity, by all managers.

Ford

Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsGreat pay, free schooling and dependant scholorships.

ConsToo many lay offs more interested in quantity than quality.

Advice to Senior Managementbetter planing

Assembly line work

Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsProfit sharing bonus is good -

ConsWorkers are treated extremely poorly

No Advancement for Contract Employee

Program Management Analyst (Current Employee) Allen Park, MI

ProsAs a contract employee you can work in defferent departments

ConsAs a contract employee unless you have a Ford Manager pushing for you to become a full time employee, you are overlooked and underappreciated

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have great agency and contract workers who out performe Ford employees, there should be opportunites for them to advance in Ford or to be converted.

Finance Analyst with MBA

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGood benefits, friendly environment, frequent opportunities to change jobs/roles.

ConsSlow culture that hates change, not a lot of vacation time, very old and dilapidated buildings.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a more flat org. structure. The company is so large, day-to-day work often feels purposeless.

engine assembly

ProsGreat pay, great company. Losing job

ConsClosing plant. No chance of transferring.

Good experience

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Dearborn, MI

ProsGreat job and company to work for.

ConsNo cons come to mind

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep caring about your employees

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!