www.ford.com

Updated November 23, 2014
3.8

Ford Motor Company President & CEO Mark Fields
Mark Fields

Pros
  • a lot of flexibility in the field (they like to call it "work-life balance") (in 83 reviews)

• The pay and benefits are competitive (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Make just a small effort to provide work-life balance (in 23 reviews)

• You've got to be willing to work long hours at a hard job (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

Exciting and innovative company that cares about employee satisfaction

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management is very considerate of employee satisfaction, as well as career development. Great executive leadership team. Environment is very accommodating of work/life balance. Company is committed to innovation, risk taking, and beating the competition. Very exciting products to work on and challenging solutions to discover.

Cons

This is an older company with old and outdated facilities. Would be nice to see the company spend some many to improve the work environment and increase perks for employees.

Consider providing more perks to maintain and recruit top talent. Find a solution to the problem of lower salaries for loyal employees who stay with the same company compared to salary boosts for employees who jump from company to company.

Product Development Intern. Good Place to get experience

Former Employee - Product Development in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Product Development in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ford Motor Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible Work Hours
    Challenging Work
    Good people to work with
    Great Experience with lots of technology
    Great Networking opportunities
    Not hard to perform above expectations

Cons

Must be self motivated
    May not be immediately recognized for successes
    Full of people who don't know or don't care about cars
    Office space is dark and dingy

None

good pay and benefits

Current Employee - Buyer in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Buyer in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

pay and benefits are good, bonus and raise each hour. hours are flexible, you can come in and leave pretty much whenever you want as long as work is completed at least thats how it is in purchasing.

Cons

rotunda center building is a disaster. needs to be torn down. water leaks, mold, floors flood whenever big rains hit. lots of paper work in purchasing sometimes hard to focus on my strategic projects due to red tape.

find a new building for purchasing asap

Wonderful

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Values, work-life balance, leadership, ingenuity. Working here is great! They treat their employees nice. Good pay. Gret benefits. Supportive management. Flexable hours. Salary. I highly reccomend you work for Ford if you get the chance. They're a great company to work for.

Cons

I don't have any cons to list. I enjoyed my time and highly reccomend you work there if you can. It can be very competitive to get in but well worth it.

None

I have been working at Ford Motor Company

Pros

Ford has a really good college graduate program where you can rotate between departments for 32 months

Cons

Ford is located in Michigan which really is not the ideal location for me to work. I was hoping for somewhere located a bit farther south.

Manufacturing manager

I have been working at Ford Motor Company

Pros

Dynamic business environment, autonomy, pay and benefits, motivated co workers, management communication of state of businesses and objectives, year end Xmas holiday time off, approx 2 weeks in addition to vacation time

Cons

Salaried staffing levels perpetually tasked while workload increases, old-school motivation tactics, long hours, office facilities are dated and in many cases unpleasant

Pułl back on pace of new model introduction to achive better quality, work-life balance

Supportive culture, tons of internal mobility

I worked at Ford Motor Company

Pros

the culture at Ford was very collaborative and supportive. You are encouraged to network internally and take control of your career. The internal mobility is fantastic; some people switch jobs every 1-2 years to develop themselves professionally and help organizations where they can add more value.

Cons

The decision-making process is a bit cumbersome.... there are lots of teams that need to be notified so it takes awhile to take action. Also, Ford is still quite conservative so they may not be the most creative or innovative company to work for.

You have to manage your own career path

Current Employee - Service Manager in Allen Park, MI
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Allen Park, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Ford is a great place to work. Very flexible hours. You have the ability to be creative and work totally independent on the job.

Cons

There is no career path here. I would call my career here more like a job. No promotion in almost 16 years. Only one top performer rating in 22 years. I do get tarnished on my annual performance review even though I meet all my yearly objectives. The performance review process is totally broken here. Bonus payout amounts are totally based on performance results provided by managers whom some don't have a clue who you are or what you have accomplished for the past year. And why does management ask for our final objectives in mid October. Raises have been about average for the industry.

Upper management here reminds me of a good ol' boy network. Kind of cliquish! A whole level of management could be eliminated. Reduce it to five levels from six. Why do you need either a team lead or supervisor reporting to a manager then to another manager then to another and finally a director.

Growing company

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

lots of new work and new growth in an old company

Cons

it's an old company and people are less likely to change their ways

have more communications

Intern

I worked at Ford Motor Company as an intern

Pros

Large company access to large network of professionals, good work life balance and company values, job specific training and industry leading mentality

Cons

Being that it is a large company you have to work hard to stand out and get noticed by senior management, people across different departments seem to have different levels of excitement

Ford Motor Company Photos