Ford Motor Company Reviews

1130 reviews filtered by

Disappointing compensation

Current Employee - Body Engineer Gr8 in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Body Engineer Gr8 in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is not much to mention about pros for this company. The comoany is very stingy on salaried employee benefits. Only CEO and senior managements get nice fat annual bonuses.

Cons

The annual bonuses at this company is a joke after many years record breaking profits. And the burden from health insurance premiums and deductibles are astronomocal.

2. Program Manager

Current Employee - Program Manager in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Top notch people hired from top schools

Cons

Bureaucratic, lots of in-fighting, very inefficient, does not value innovation or original thought

Advice to Management

Get to work on fixing all the broken processes and systems and train new hires

Not a good benefit

Current Employee - IP Engineer Gsr8 in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - IP Engineer Gsr8 in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Broad areas of auto manufacturing you can experience. Very dynamic environment. Good for new college graduates. Not so good for experienced hires.

Cons

Benefit is very uncompetitive in auto industry. Very low annual bonus. Very high health insurance premiums. One week less vacation days.

5. I am a Computer Aided Engineer (CAE) at Ford Motor company. I am working in Dearborn office in Michigan USA.

Current Employee - CAE Engineer in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - CAE Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor Company

Pros

Great Training. Great colleague. They try to keep the work stress as minimum as possible. Good work-life balance. Good chance of growth for people with good communication skills.

Cons

Little opportunity for growth for technical people.

Advice to Management

Creating more technical positions like technical leader positions to keep technical people in the company.

6. Great Company

I worked at Ford Motor Company

Pros

Ford has a very diverse group of employees. Salaries are usually in line with industry. Stable company with great history

Cons

aada asdada sdada hrthrh thgtbthh ttrytr iuuuu yy yr. nnddn dked nkdmn dedd wqwefw hkjyuk rtrywy nrtr ggg hrrthh hjyrkjyuk.

Advice to Management

Take care of employees, better work-life balance, bigger bonuses, longer vacation, bigger unions, shorter work shifts, more breaks during the day.

7. Ford Motor

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ford Motor Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great American company, cares about employees.

Cons

To much mid to upper management.

Advice to Management

Listen to direct reports.

8. Senior Manufacturing Engineer

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Allows you feel that you can make an impact with the product during the design process and how it's assembled in the plant. You can truly see and understand your impact to the company's bottom line.

Cons

No real recognition for extraordinary efforts, it's treated as the expectation, so it's very difficult to be seen as a high achiever. Very limited lines for promotion. Constantly move from launch to launch without any real downtime, so your usually under constant stress

Advice to Management

Need to increase hiring, the current levels are not sufficient and we are losing people due to workload.

Good on boarding

I have been working at Ford Motor Company

Pros

Good training available for new employees

Cons

Your experience at the company depends heavily on the supervisor and team you end up with

10. Skilled Tradesman

Former Employee - Skilled Tradesman in Wayne, MI
    Former Employee - Skilled Tradesman in Wayne, MI

I worked at Ford Motor Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I can offer no positive comments about this company that are great enough to outweigh all of the negative elements that I have experienced.

Cons

For more than 20 years I was an exemplary employee with perfect attendance records, and an outstanding performance record. After being placed in a work environment that was filled with several "Good Old Boys" who all had an unbelievable hatred for anyone with a different sexual orientation, that team worked very hard to make my life as miserable as they could during my term with them, including stealing from me, tampering with meals that I brought to work, openly making hateful jokes and remarks about gay people, and making repeated efforts to get me terminated. Well, finally after I was struck by an individual with a large "Mag" flashlight, and because I simply pushed him away from me in an attempt to prevent any additional strikes to me, my career was stolen from me, and my life has been ruined as a result. Not only were the "Good Old Boys" active in the efforts to rob me of my career and future, but every supervisor that was in charge of my work area worked closely with them in their efforts. It took them about four years to achieve their goal, after all, my work record was exemplary, and only after defending my personal safety were they able to finally find success for their efforts, the local UAW, and my committee man would do nothing to correct the gross injustice that was done to me. I can tell you that, although Ford Motor Company makes claims that they value diversity, and work to create an all inclusive work environment, the fact is that on the "shop floor", there is no real effort to attain an all-inclusive, non-discriminatory workplace. Keep your eyes open, a book to detail my journey may be coming.

Betraying Employees...

Former Employee - Body Engineer in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Body Engineer in Livonia, MI

I worked at Ford Motor Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The coworkers are very helpful and willing to lead the company to better directions.

Cons

The benefits and compensations are not competitive. I had to leave this month after I found out the company shortchanged general salaried employees even though the company made a huge profit. The funny thing is the company gave an enormous amount of salary and bonus to CEO, in fact, even more than GM CEO, but the company gave less than 50% of annual bonuses to regular employees compared to GM. This company, I think, is unethical. Very. The company calls for "ONE FORD", but that is only when they slave-drive engineers. When it comes to sharing company profits, the ONE FORD disappears completely. It was late for me to leave the company, but I am glad now that I am working for a company who treats even regular employees equally.

Ford Motor Company Photos