Ford Motor Credit Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Bernard Silverstone

Pros
  • Good benefits and decent salary (in 14 reviews)

• Really good work life balance, no stress at all (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not always good either (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management was in a situation which put too much pressure on sales to meet high quotas within extreme rate driven economic conditions (in 6 reviews)

1. Analyst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor Credit (Less than a year)

Pros

work life balance, good benefits

Cons

not much space for career growth

Nashville Business Center - Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Pros

Family like atmosphere and a lot of opportunity for advancement. Training is great. Fitness center, lots of opportunity for be involved with community service. Highly recommend.

Cons

I really don't have any cons. Depending upon your schedule, you may work late one night and have to be back in the office earlier the next day. This is not a big deal.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It's good to see upper management out on the floor and meeting with employees. Great place to work.

3. Forced out by A new manager who didnt like me - said he had been trying to get rid of me since he started at our branch

Former Employee - Auditor in Macon, GA
    Former Employee - Auditor in Macon, GA

I worked at Ford Motor Credit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great until new management decided he didnt like me when i wouldnt entertaine a dealer after an audit. I was forced out in but there is no option for that year

Cons

One man can fire you at a whim after almost 19 years. His cruelty caused me to be disabled but I was fired before I could apply for dissability. He refused me unemployment as well. it went to arbitratiion and I won. I was an execelent employee and received a raise every year - I never received a raise in the 6 years I worked under him. His cruelty caused mt to go to them Hospital because I was having heart attack symptons - I was told to be back in an hour and use my lunch time. I was put out until the Heart Doctor released me - I came back and was fired by him and he no longer worked on our branch. He came for the wole pourpose of firing me. He said he had been trying to get rid of me since he got there and he finaly did it. I was fired and he smiled as I cried.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees and stop letting one person with a grudge fire a person after almost 19 years and then laugh about it - I went through six years of hell and then was fired. Also, I got married in September of 2005 and was going to move to Florida where his job was. They asked me to stay through Christmas because the didnt have coverage - then my daughter was sick and they told me to take all of the time I needed- I was a basket case. When I returned to work they made me sighn paperwork saying I would have no sicke leave for 2 years, I had planned on getting on with the Jacksonville Branch when they had an opening, they made it where no one would take me. I had a nervous breakdown and was put out of work for a month - this repeated many times until I was put in the hospital for my heart and I didnt return in an hour,,,this company was a great company, I planned to work there untilI I was too old to work - I havent been able to work since then and have been on SSDI for the last year - I lost my job, my health, my house, everything. I have nothing to this day. I live in a rent controled apartment and only receive a small ammount since I waited to file, I wanted to work and thought I could but I have an illness due to the stress than my Manager and supervisors put on me - Ford is a horrible company now - I was climbing the ladder and now I cant climb a set of stairs. I lost my youth and my friends, my income...I lost everything because of the way Ford Motor Company treats its empoyees. I called HR at least times but I think even more.

5. Company that has more cons then Pros

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Pros

While I was there the pay was decent, for collections the average pay was about 35k a year but included bonus and raises, as well as good benefits.

Cons

There was serious micromanaging going on here you couldn't even breath without someone asking what you were doing. Always layoff's and rumors of layoffs but not much of a rumor because I was laid off (I did receive a small severance package). If you had a good/cool supervisor then your working there was awesome but it never last long because there was always changes so you would soon end up with a miserable supervisor that was stressed out and unhappy and if they are stressed out then it would surely trickle down to the rest of us. Also there was a lot of favoritism and a lot of infidelity Team leads sleeping with other Team Leads who were both married and CSR sleeping with TL and upper management it was a mess.

Advice to Management

Stop Micro Managing

Great place to start, not retire

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

Pros

To start Ford Credit offers excellent benefits and if it's for a job out of college it is a wonderful place to work. Ford is full of diversity!

Cons

Long time employees are overlooked for promotions on a regular basis in favor of college graduates. This occurs even when long time employees have college degrees as well. If you have an issue with payroll it takes 10 business days to resolve and you have to do it through email. There is no phone contact. Although Ford Credit is full of diversity their Nashville Business Center will not promote gay employees and they cover up management discrimination swiftly so there is no proof.

Advice to Management

Take advantage of the experience at your grasp. Stop overlooking your long term experienced employees.

Great place overall!

Pros

My coworkers are the best

Cons

Upper management can be a pain

8. Global Analytics

Pros

Very good company, very friendly colleges. You would learn a lot in the group. The supervisor will also help you with your stuff.

Cons

Location might be a little inconvenient for people outside Michigan

Nashville Business Center - Thumbs Down

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Franklin, TN

Pros

The work is easy and the staff is diverse. The company is good about making charitable contributions and allowing employees to fundraise

Cons

No opportunity for advancement. Management will not allow you to post for higher salary grade positions if it means skipping a pay grade no matter how qualified or educated you are

Advice to Management

Promote from within, your current employees already know the business and require less training. Show your employees that you value them by compensating them well

10. Great company

Pros

i wouldn't change a thing. Greta company to work for and truest employees with respect.

Cons

work some weekends sat only

11. 1980's

Pros

Great co workers, minimal tasks, summer activities

Cons

-management (well mine) is a workaholic, building is as old as some of the people and the parking lot is breaking apart

Advice to Management

fix up the ceiling, parking lot and have heat for the winter. New graduates will notw ant to wok here

RSS Feed </> Embed