Ford Motor

Ford Motor Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Ford Motor President & CEO Mark Fields

Mark Fields

Pros
  • a lot of flexibility in the field (they like to call it "work-life balance")(in 73 reviews)

• The pay and benefits are competitive(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes women are given a hard time when they take maternity leave, or try to utilize the work-life balance policy(in 20 reviews)

• You've got to be willing to work long hours at a hard job(in 33 reviews)

Intern with non-profit food pantry through Ford Motor Co.'s Blue Oval Scholar program. Awesome opportunity to do good!

Marketing Intern (Current Employee) Taylor, MI

ProsRepresenting the Blue Oval is an honor! I drive a 2012 Ford Focus because it was built in Michigan, and I am proud that the company that makes such an awesome ride cares so much for its home.

ConsI have to commute an hour each way. It is a big sacrifice especially with gas prices being as high as they are.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease share this scholarship opportunity further! It is such an honor to do great work for Michigan communities. Keep trusting Wayne State University students; we will amaze!

Great Place to work at

ProsFriendly people, huge opportunity for learning and getting more experience. Great opportunity to prove yourself.

ConsSalary is not competitive specially when especially when compared to long hours. most buildings are not re-innovated

My experience working at Ford has been empowering and engaging.

ProsThe culture is extremely collaborative and friendly. Great environment to thrive in and learn new skills.

ConsAuto industry goes through ups and downs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is a fantastic place to start your career in OEMs.

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Dearborn, MI

ProsCompany on the up, it's fun being a part of something with a lot of potential.

ConsWork life can be challenging, depending on your specific job. Love dearborn, but still waiting on a Detroit rebound.

A good OEM to work for especially those who have a passion for Automobile manufacturing experience.

Lead Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Dearborn, MI

ProsPay is competitive. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful. Good work ethics. Good training programs and vision by senior executives for people who are learning to handle the ropes and are looking for advancement. Enjoyable work environment.

ConsI had a very strong desire to be associated with the company and grow but as a contract employee was unable to realize the dream. Some immediate supervisors do not seem to promote advancement of subordinates working for them. I feel that there is lacking in some supervisors and wish there was more openness between supervisor and employee when it comes to providing feedback of job duty accomplishments and identify the right fit for fellow employee and guide them to become successful. The supervisor may be an excellent person in his area of work individually but some are not cut out for the supervisor role which may hurt the company in losing good talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish there is a recognition for good deserving CONTRACT employees by way of providing job security for those who are genuinely interested in contributing to the growth of the company. More frequent and close interaction of the other team members (ie., including senior management personnel rather than just the supervisor feedback) with the employee may help in having a great coherent team which can be mutually beneficial to employee and the organization. Develop the LOYALITY factor between Corporate -Employee relation. FMC could take the lead in introducing this culture in our society.

Ford is a great place to work and provides all the tools needed to be successful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProvide all the tools and support for success

ConsCan get lost in a big comapny

Help I'm Stuck in a Sea of Squares

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) Dearborn, MI

ProsPeople were inviting, willing to teach

ConsThey charge per cup of coffee you drink

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease moral by making coffee free to workers

Fine

Project Manager (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsReal good, real fun, a joy

ConsReal Hard, real not fun, a joy

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder, play harder, a joy

Neutral.

Product Design Engineer (Current Employee) Dearborn, MI

ProsGreat people to work with. Hardwork valued. Flexible work hours.

ConsHorrible Marketing and styling teams with no sense of time constraint killing Product. hard time retaining talent pool and/or passion of employee due to deep rooted nepotism and internal politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop climbing down the pyramid! Need new CEO to be more decisive and act like a Leader

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

What a joke!!

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsThe most unorganized company I have worked for. There is no training and you are thrown to wolves to learn. Not to mention the people are rude and disrespectful. Almost all my management coworkers are currently looking for other jobs. Also, you are expected to work 5-6 days a week at 12-13 hour days.

ConsPay is decent. Decent resume builder.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your crap together and manage like your in the 21st century.

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!