Ford Motor Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
3.8

Ford Motor President & CEO Mark Fields
Mark Fields

Pros
  • a lot of flexibility in the field (they like to call it "work-life balance") (in 73 reviews)

• The pay and benefits are competitive (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes women are given a hard time when they take maternity leave, or try to utilize the work-life balance policy (in 20 reviews)

• You've got to be willing to work long hours at a hard job (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

"Production Associate"

I have been working at Ford Motor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working for ford its self is a okay company. with good benefits and a nice salary with the chance of bonuses from quarter reviews. great health insurance and a stable company

Cons

Well the plant conditions are horrendous they could try more of the moral techniques. long hours worked and the physical and mental strain on the human body is well stretched. they hire just about anyone with any background which sometimes is not the best business decision. you start to feel trapped like you cant move up in the company. plus the union aren't as helpful as you would expect them to be. Overall its a blue collar setting job which leaves the door open for more then you would like expect.

My advice change the setting of the work place to a more calm and stress free atmosphere I bet work production and sale would continue to grow given the fact that your employees are truly satisfied. make ways for the company and union to work better so employees can move up in the company open more doors and change the whole medical system.

Employee

Former Employee - Hourly  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Hourly in Nashville, TN

I worked at Ford Motor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to work. I worked for Ford for 14 years.

Cons

They came in and shut the factory down.

You sucked

Fine

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Detroit, MI

I worked at Ford Motor full-time

Pros

Real good, real fun, a joy

Cons

Real Hard, real not fun, a joy

Work harder, play harder, a joy

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern with non-profit food pantry through Ford Motor Co.'s Blue Oval Scholar program. Awesome opportunity to do good!

Current Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Taylor, MI
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Taylor, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Representing the Blue Oval is an honor! I drive a 2012 Ford Focus because it was built in Michigan, and I am proud that the company that makes such an awesome ride cares so much for its home.

Cons

I have to commute an hour each way. It is a big sacrifice especially with gas prices being as high as they are.

Please share this scholarship opportunity further! It is such an honor to do great work for Michigan communities. Keep trusting Wayne State University students; we will amaze!

Great Place to work at

I have been working at Ford Motor full-time

Pros

Friendly people, huge opportunity for learning and getting more experience. Great opportunity to prove yourself.

Cons

Salary is not competitive specially when especially when compared to long hours. most buildings are not re-innovated

My experience working at Ford has been empowering and engaging.

I have been working at Ford Motor as an intern

Pros

The culture is extremely collaborative and friendly. Great environment to thrive in and learn new skills.

Cons

Auto industry goes through ups and downs.

This is a fantastic place to start your career in OEMs.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company on the up, it's fun being a part of something with a lot of potential.

Cons

Work life can be challenging, depending on your specific job. Love dearborn, but still waiting on a Detroit rebound.

A good OEM to work for especially those who have a passion for Automobile manufacturing experience.

Former Employee - Lead Systems Engineer  in  Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Lead Systems Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ford Motor as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Pay is competitive. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful. Good work ethics. Good training programs and vision by senior executives for people who are learning to handle the ropes and are looking for advancement. Enjoyable work environment.

Cons

I had a very strong desire to be associated with the company and grow but as a contract employee was unable to realize the dream. Some immediate supervisors do not seem to promote advancement of subordinates working for them. I feel that there is lacking in some supervisors and wish there was more openness between supervisor and employee when it comes to providing feedback of job duty accomplishments and identify the right fit for fellow employee and guide them to become successful. The supervisor may be an excellent person in his area of work individually but some are not cut out for the supervisor role which may hurt the company in losing good talent.

I wish there is a recognition for good deserving CONTRACT employees by way of providing job security for those who are genuinely interested in contributing to the growth of the company. More frequent and close interaction of the other team members (ie., including senior management personnel rather than just the supervisor feedback) with the employee may help in having a great coherent team which can be mutually beneficial to employee and the organization. Develop the LOYALITY factor between Corporate -Employee relation. FMC could take the lead in introducing this culture in our society.

Ford is a great place to work and provides all the tools needed to be successful

I worked at Ford Motor

Pros

Provide all the tools and support for success

Cons

Can get lost in a big comapny

Help I'm Stuck in a Sea of Squares

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer  in  Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor as an intern for less than a year

Pros

People were inviting, willing to teach

Cons

They charge per cup of coffee you drink

Increase moral by making coffee free to workers

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!