ForeScout Technologies Reviews

Michael DeCesare

1. High Potential

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative

I have been working at ForeScout Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is rapidly expanding Great product A+ board members

Cons

Lack of vision for career growth/advancement for some departments

Advice to Management

Continue to develop top talent internally in addition to bring on A talent from other companies

2. The next big IT security company to be a household name

I have been working at ForeScout Technologies full-time

Pros

Great Leadership Great people Positive growth and direction

Cons

None to really be concerned with, the company has such momentum its hard to keep up with at times but that shouldn't be a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work... great things on the horizon

3. Recent reviews are misleading - most likely by management request

I worked at ForeScout Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a legacy of forethought on the product side, and some very smart engineers in Tel Aviv. They've learned how to take NAC, an otherwise 'meh' technology and turn it into something truly innovative.

Cons

The worst move that the Board could have made was bringing in the new C-levels, and particularly the ones they chose. With the exception of the CSO, they are a bunch of arrogant, narcissistic clowns. Bringing them on demonstrated a clear lack of judgement in my opinion, and they are in the game for one thing and for one thing only - personal gain. They don't care about the legacy employees, with the exception of the yes people they have poached from their previous companies.

Advice to Management

You guys are tools, and if you had any consciences, I would implore you to pack your things and leave, but since you do not, enjoy the decent into failure.

5. Good Times Ahead!

I have been working at ForeScout Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ForeScout has a bright future ahead! The new leadership team and world-class technology combined with the market opportunity, puts ForeScout in a position to do something very special in the security industry. Having joined ForeScout recently, I had opportunities to go to some of the large corporations and start-ups we all know in Silicon Valley, none the less, my decision to join ForeScout was fairly easy. The two main criteria that I looked at was the people and outlook of the company , and I can truly say that ForeScout topped the list. So far, I love working here! The energy, vision and pace we are moving at is great.

Cons

Haven't been here long! Don't have anything yet. Naturally, there will always be growing pains, but I quickly realized the leadership team is laser focused on making sure we have a great culture as we grow around the world.

6. ForeScout is on the move!

I have been working at ForeScout Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm so glad to be at ForeScout. Smart people, new management, great energy, a lot of momentum. This really is a hidden gem. People are in it with each other and with customers.

Cons

To be determined. For now, the momentum is very positive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the pace of change and motivation! We're all in.

7. Contagious energy

I have been working at ForeScout Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The energy emanating from ForeScout colleagues is contagious. There's a passion that's shared throughout the organization, from the executive staff to the worker bees. It creates a unique culture that makes me feel excited to go to work in the morning.

Cons

Company is expanding like crazy, which could cause some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep championing the passion and culture!

8. Marketing

I have been working at ForeScout Technologies full-time

Pros

great energy, flexibility, opportunities and amazing peers

Cons

some growing pains, but working through them as a team

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication

9. Excited!!

I have been working at ForeScout Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New leadership and a new day! The excitement and energy among the leadership team is conveyed throughout the company and it feels like you are part of a strong team all working towards a shared vision and goal.

Cons

Getting everyone to think outside the box and want to take on more. Need to encourage people to not work within silos but to work among larger teams in order to become more efficient.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication coming down through the org - have the leadership cascade messages in order to empower others .

10. Hidden Gem

I have been working at ForeScout Technologies full-time

Pros

So glad I took a closer look at Forescout They truly are a high-paced 'start-up' that is growing incredibly fast thanks to BYOD and IoT. After meeting with executives, I gained a better understanding of the business, culture and opportunity. My perception changed and was further validated once I joined the company. The new leadership has demonstrated the ability to move the company forward and get beyond the politics, etc that appear to have plagued the company in the past. They took the advice given by someone on glassdoor that recommended being more selective on who they hire. Now they just dont' hire smart people, the hire smart people that work well with others and are committed to growing the company.

Cons

The company is growing fast so you need to move fast and adapt. Plus, you need to be builder and not expect that everything gets done for you or that there is an existing process in place. While this is very typical for this stage of company, it may not be the best place for people that don't like fast moving, dynamic work environments and expect everything to be in place.

Advice to Management

Keep forging forth - you are on the right track.

11. There is a lot of change happening and the company is full speed ahead

I have been working at ForeScout Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1 - Full of opportunity - the company is building up momentum right now. That means there's always new people coming on board, tons of projects to be worked on, and people hitting the ground running. It's a busy time -- almost as if we are building up a totally new company. 2 - Leadership - the leadership team is working hard and cohesively. Leadership has a lot of demands, but they are leading us in a good direction. As a smaller company, you can run into an executive at any moment. They are all very personable. It is also nice you have the opportunity to work closely with upper management. 3 - Room for growth - with all the new initiatives that means employees have the opportunity to explore other avenues and try on different hats. If you volunteer, leadership will give you full ownership over a project. 4 - People - you get the sense that people want to be here and are working hard to do their best. It's a team that you feel like you want to be a part of. 5 - Free lunches daily - 3 options in all - FarmHill, EATClub, and Waiter.com. I also enjoy the donuts and bagels on Fridays. 6 - Flexible work environment - many people are remote due to the nature of their role, however the company also understands work life balance, which is nice because many people have families and obligations outside of work. 7 - Good employee packages (healthcare, salary, bonuses, 401K) - the company offers a competitive rate and has a program for matching contributions to your 401K. 8 - Company phone and you can choose between a Mac or a PC for your computer 9 - Tons of company swag - we've got cups, jackets, T-shirts, swizzle sticks, light up necklaces, pens - you name it.

Cons

1 - Office could use a redesign. It can feel stale and very gray inside, and it lacks common areas like couches and there's not enough conference rooms! 2 - It's siloed. Not a lot of visibility into what other teams are working on...overall communication could be improved. Not even a company-wide chat system! It's hard to know who works on what team...I suggest an org chart. 3 - Culture needs to be built up more. Many people are remote which makes this difficult, however, hopefully with more people on board we can build a stronger culture. 4 - As a Mac user I find it difficult to get my screen to project and other various small things. Conference rooms don't have Mac chargers...It's all minor but it is still an impediment. 5 - Needs better processes. As more people join, it's critical for the company to create an on-boarding process for things like a product overview, business model overview, etc. With the reorg, managers should also go through new manager training.

RSS Feed </> Embed