ForeSee Reviews

David Karandish

Great Career Move

Current Employee - Management in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Management in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at ForeSee full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I joined ForeSee shortly before the Answers acquisition. Since we were purchased, I have seen nothing but positive changes; it's been a terrific company to work for. The people here are great - everyone is VERY smart and does what they SAY they're going to! It's a relief to finally work with a team of very competent, engaged people. Some of the upper-level execs left with the acquisition and there appears to be quite a shift in decision-making - much more empowered and decentralized, which has been a refreshing change. Great benefits and things keep getting better with the acquisition...and yes, free snacks (healthy ones too)!

Cons

It IS very quiet around here, but with the majority of the sales team in the field, that is not surprising. Doesn't appear to be many females in upper level exec roles - but that seems to be shifting a bit.

Keep the communication coming. It's been an interesting ride since we were purchased but you have done an excellent job helping us understand who we are and where we are headed, as best as you can. Keep allowing smart, capable people to make decisions on their own.

Decent Job, But Not My Idea of a Career

Current Employee - Customer Experience Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at ForeSee full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company actually gives out employee satisfaction surveys and acts on the results/listens to their employees. The pay is pretty decent as are the time-off/sick time benefits. Work-life balance isn't too bad, but there will be weeks where employees need to put in more than 40/45 hours. They also offer free snacks (including chips, candy, cookies, etc.) and free pop/juice.

Cons

Ultimately there's too much work and not enough people to do said work. The expectations are set really high, even for new employees. You have to share conference rooms with other employees which tends to spread germs faster. There seems to be favoritism towards some employees as well. For example, some people are allowed to work completely from their home offices, while others are not given that option and there is no real explanation as to why this happens. There are many cliques at the company as well, just like being in high school all over again.
    In terms of the analyst positions, you'll be putting together a ton of PowerPoint presentations, which I feel can become very monotonous after doing 4 in a given month.

Be honest and don't disrespect those who are in a lower position than you. Be fair to all employees- keep listening to what we have to say. Stop insisting that employees have to be in the office to do their job. Most of the interaction between employees is done via email or IM which could be done at home just as easily.

Pretty outside wrapping but not so pretty underneath

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at ForeSee full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good compensation package, great company events. The company has a solid reputation but that is thanks to earlier management. The company name helps open doors to other opportunities.

Cons

All about numbers....if your numbers aren't where they want them (and the numbers are HIGH), you will be discarded like garbage. Very political and there is a lot of inner turmoil and people are worried about keeping their jobs. Analysts work about 60 hours a week along with weekends..Only out to maximize their eventual IPO. Turnover is extremely high (that is why they are constantly hiring).

ForeSee spends a lot of money trying to project a healthy, happy company culture. The money might be better utilized to make that a reality.

Really no respect for this organization - every customer should really question the product/service.

Former Employee - Satisfaction Research Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Satisfaction Research Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at ForeSee full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A relatively decent salary program for the region and for the economic circumstances. A very comprehensive training program and support while in training.

Cons

Found the product being sold to customers to be overly sold and of minimum value based on the fact that analysis was more typical/common marketing (based on a sub-standard application of their proprietary model), than real solid scientific research. At best, results were directional, and supported the obvious; no real surprising insights revealed by the much touted scientific model. The model was based on a good science, the application was not. Emphasis to churn and burn, not to really consider good scientific practices. A fair amount of "custom" (boilerplate) surveys broke the most basic tenants of good survey design - and quite a few SRAs had no background or training in the science of survey methodology - other than training received by the company.

Don't be so blatantly in the mode of looking for a buyer and gaming the "healthy corporate profile" at the expense of a solid, quality product for your customers. But now that the organization in fact has been sold -- not sure what advice except perhaps: not to be so afraid of transparency - if nothing else, your customers deserve better.

Good experience;limited growth

I have been working at ForeSee full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Other analysts are very willing to help. A good team atmosphere.

Cons

Lots of changes all the time. Seem to be doing the, what's hot right now thing. Except there is poor planning and lots of running around.

Value your employees and their time.

ForeSee raised my standards for what i'll always look for from a future employer

I have been working at ForeSee full-time (more than an year)

Pros

By far the coolest and most relaxed company I've ever worked for. It's the definition of a "work hard/play hard" atmosphere. In my opinion, there is always something to spice up the monotony of work- summer food truck vendors, free snacks, company happy hours or games- I've made some of my closest friends while working here. We are growing but try to keep that small business/family feel.

There is also a lot of support and encouragement from all the leaders i've worked with. There is plenty of opportunity for advancement- I was promoted within a year.

Cons

The only cons are relevant to any job, nothing specific to ForeSee comes to mind.

Great place to work!

I worked at ForeSee full-time (more than an year)

Pros

ForeSee has been a great place to be. No company is perfect, and I can only speak from my experience in my department. Colleagues are wonderful--smart, friendly. Not just in my department, but in others as well. Our boss is very understanding and a good leader. I had worked at two other companies, following a layoff, before I found ForeSee. I know what bad, micromanaging bosses are--and I am happy to say I don't have that experience here at all. Nor have I heard other friends in other departments say that either.

The "surveillance" mentioned by other reviewers--that is a mystery to me, and I'm speaking as someone who had a former CEO who made us clock in and out (even though we were salaried) and followed people by the GPS on their company phones. I don't have that sense at all, and never have at ForeSee.

The perks that people have described are true. I'm someone who is midway through her career and have seen alot of different things at different companies. What makes ForeSee special is that they truly do care--from the top down. The game room, the free snacks and coffee, the different social activities do have an impact (in a good way) on morale.

They don't scrimp on the company-wide events either. Last year for a summer event, they rented out the entire Wiard's orchard for a day for all employees to bring their families. Free food, beer (yes, I said free beer), and tons of activities for the kids.

The annual New Year's party is elegant and top notch. Catered events during the year, such as opening day for the Tigers (with the game up on a big screen all day), are a great treat.

I had gotten used to working for places that cut those perks out--even before the economy tanked. To be at a company that really does care about people, and takes the time and money to show it, is refreshing.

I've been here for a year and a half and am still grateful I found ForeSee. I know other reviewers would disagree with me, but I can only speak from my experience. I have been at crappy companies, with crappy bosses and a clique-ish mentality. That hasn't been my experience at ForeSee at all, just the opposite in fact. It's really a great place!

Cons

Most wish the vacation time was a bit longer, but the company compensates by giving people unlimited personal time. So you can go to the Dr. or dentist during the week and not have to take vacation time to do it.

My advice to management would be to evaluate the PTO offering to see if that could be beefed up, commensurate with other companies. Also to evaluate the 401K match--that would be a HUGE welcome to many!

Okay So Far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at ForeSee full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've enjoyed my short time working here. Most people are friendly, and the company provides free snacks and drinks, free Starbucks coffee, and a large spread of bagels and cream cheese every Thursday morning. The wages are very fair and the workload keeps me busy but (mostly) not stressed. The best part about this job, though, is that I don't need to (and am not expected to) take my work home with me.

Cons

As others have reported, this place is extremely clique-y. Because of that and the general silence around the office, I often feel isolated and make up excuses to hand-deliver things or walk around the office.
    Things have to move very quickly in my department, and, not intending offense, people are often very short and abrasive. While almost everyone is friendly when they have the time, I can count on one hand the people who are consistently courteous when they need something... but then, that's life, isn't it?

Best In Class Organization

I have been working at ForeSee full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very employee focused. Many companies preach that, "People are our most important asset" - ForeSee lives and breathes this every day. I've never worked for an organization that strives to maintain such high morale and employee satisfaction the way that ForeSee does. From broad company policy down to small decisions at the department level, it is clear that ForeSee truly puts People First.

Just some of the Pros include: Highly competitive pay, tuition reimbursement, generous health and benefits plan, on-site fitness center, many company sponsored activities, free food and snacks every day, bagel thursdays.

Cons

Sure, there is always more that emplouyees would love to have. Right now, there is no on-site day care or charging stations for electric cars.

Keep putting the employees first! As we grow, don't start acting like a "big greedy" company.

It's okay but gets boring after awhile

I have been working at ForeSee full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Free Snacks
    - The people are very nice
    -Somewhat flexible on work schedule (no work from home policy)

Cons

- All managers follow different rules. Some let their analysts work from home whenever they want or even once a week while others only let you wfh if something is wrong.
    - The analyst job is not really an analysts, its more like a project manager, analysts, IT, we wear every hat in the book!
    -To get a promotion its not about the quality of your work, its almost like how much work can you take on and do. If you successfully take on way more work then you should and do an "okay" job, you might get promoted
    -Answers.com just acquired us and things are going to really change, but its all pretty much "hush hush"
    - If you are an analyst there is not much career movement. We have internal promotions to a analyst 2 or 3 etc, but you pretty much do the same thing in every role. If I wanted to move to an entirely different area I wouldn't be able too.
    The company is really into sales now which is extremely annoying. The sales people just make more work for the analysts.

- Don't give promotions on how much work you can do but more on the quality of your work. Quality over quantity!
    - You should be able to move around the company more easily. Millennial's get bored much faster than boomers etc. Let us move around and approach us with other jobs, you have to keep your employees stimulated with new things
    - If you are an analyst, you shouldn't be doing IT or sales and if you are then we should all get new titles to project manager etc.